• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
    Alright, well, I made a script and compiled-assigned-put in amap. I assigned it to a person in Oaks lab.(map bank 4, map 3) but everytime I try to enter Oaks lab, my screen just turns black.

Here's the script, but I'm not sure that has to do with anything.
    Code:
    #ORG $professer
    checkflag 0x829
    if b_true goto $oak
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $prof
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    release
    end

#org $oak
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $profoak
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $prof
    $prof 1 =OAK: \v\h01! Good morning! \nI see you have a Pokemon. \pI guess that speeds things up.\nHere's your Pokedex.\p\v\h01 recieved Pokedex! \p\v\h06 is already in Barrancoville. \nYou should go catch up to him.

#org $profoak
    $profoak 1 =Don't be careless, \v\h01. \nYou have a carefree air \nthat usually gets you in trouble.

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
    Ok.. I've writen a script, So when you step on it, It sends you one step up and then warps you to a certain tile on a map (co-ordinates (X:4-Y:28))
    I step on the tile.. It sends me a step up, But it warps me jut to a random black spot >_< Heres the script.
    Spoiler:

Help please

try this:

#org $begin
    checkflag 0x210
    if 1 goto $done
    applymovement 0xFF $dudewalk
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x210
    #raw 0x39 0x04 0x03 0xFF 0x02 0x28
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $dudewalk
    $dudewalk 1 ; #binary 0x11 0xFE

Alright, well, I made a script and compiled-assigned-put in amap. I assigned it to a person in Oaks lab.(map bank 4, map 3) but everytime I try to enter Oaks lab, my screen just turns black.

Here's the script, but I'm not sure that has to do with anything.
    Code:
    #ORG $professer
    checkflag 0x829
    if b_true goto $oak
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $prof
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    release
    end

#org $oak
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $profoak
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $prof
    $prof 1 =OAK: \v\h01! Good morning! \nI see you have a Pokemon. \pI guess that speeds things up.\nHere's your Pokedex.\p\v\h01 recieved Pokedex! \p\v\h06 is already in Barrancoville. \nYou should go catch up to him.

#org $profoak
    $profoak 1 =Don't be careless, \v\h01. \nYou have a carefree air \nthat usually gets you in trouble.

try this:

#org $professor
    checkflag 0x829
    if 1 goto $oak
    faceplayer
    message $prof
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    release
    end

#org $oak
    faceplayer
    message $profoak
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $prof

#org $profoak

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    This is supposed to be the beginning script, for cyndaquil, but when you select yes it says you put the pokeball back? and when you say no it says the same thing, also can you replace "0x0" with the correct value that will show cyndaquils image? Thank You.

Code:
    #org $start
    checkflag 0x828
    if b_true goto $done
    #raw 0x75 0x0 0x00 0x0A 0x03
    message $1
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 1 goto $take
    message $2
    boxset 6
    #raw 0x76
    release
    end

#org $take
    givepokemon 155 5 0
    fanfare 0x13E
    message $3
    boxset 4
    #raw 0x76
    waitfanfare
    #raw 0x68
    setflag 0x828
    message $4
    boxset 5
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if b_true gosub $name
    message $5
    boxset 6
    applymovement 0x03 $dissapear
    release
    end

#org $back
    message $nope
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $dissapear
    $dissapear 1 ; #binary 0x60 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 

0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0xFE

#org $name
    call 0x1A74EB
    return

#org $1
    $1 1 =Cyndaquil, The fire type!\pDo you want to take 

it?

#org $2
    $2 1 =You put the pokeball back.

#org $3
    $3 1 =\c\h01\h02You received a Charmander!

#org $4
    $4 1 =\c\h01\h02Would you like to nickname 

Charmander?

#org $5
    $5 1 =Take Care of Cyndaquil!

#org $nope
    $nope 1 =You put the pokeball back.

Can someone help me?

Will some one please help me? this is one of the most important scripts in my hack?

greenozano

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    Will someone join a hacking group with me I'm planning on making a hack but It will take me too much time alone It will be called Pokemon Lunar Eclipse/ Solar Eclipse Two different versions. I need:

Graphics changer (create trainers, changing tilesets, changing maps)
    Playwright like scripts for movies
    overworld spriter
    world map creator (Create and insert more than one map)

No scripter I'm already good enough If u want to join go to this site Mugenschool.ucoz.com and meet me at the chat room on 3/30/08 / 4:00 Eastern

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    This is the script help thread, greenozano, please post in the Hack Team Discussions forum.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
    try this:

#org $begin
    checkflag 0x210
    if 1 goto $done
    applymovement 0xFF $dudewalk
    pausemove 0
    setflag 0x210
    #raw 0x39 0x04 0x03 0xFF 0x02 0x28
    release
    end

#org $done
    release
    end

#org $dudewalk
    $dudewalk 1 ; #binary 0x11 0xFE

try this:

#org $professor
    checkflag 0x829
    if 1 goto $oak
    faceplayer
    message $prof
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x829
    release
    end

#org $oak
    faceplayer
    message $profoak
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $prof

#org $profoak

Thanks, but I got it to work. I was just being dumb.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Help

Hello can someone make me 2 scripts for ruby where you talk to a wall and it says To open the passage you must find a person and talk to him. While the person says hey do you want to know your past? Go to the 7 up walk cave. This is a sercet message whcih the man will say

So i am asking for 2 scripts one which goes on a cave wall which opens up after you talk to that person and a script of that person talking.
    Thank you if you do help.

Last edited:

Kenneth Alog

Infectus Raiken
    Years
    anyone make a wildbattle script of KYOGRE i'm using ruby
    please I tried to make one but it became big errors and crashed my ROM please anyone?
    and how to insert it?

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    hi i was trying to find a working script for a battle like a legendary pokemon that vanishes after the fight cause mine doesnt work. and since this forum has no search function (or i cant see it) and i couldnt find a working one im asking here now.
    my script atm is
    ---------
    #org $StartWild
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 151
    message $charCry
    $charcry 1 = Mew!
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x2E
    if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
    release
    end

#org $Wildbatt
    lock
    wildbattle 151 20 2
    release
    setflag 0x501
    fadescreen 0
    end
    ---------
    help me pls

edit: my rom is Firered (E), the checked flag 0x2E is the first badge. fight does work, but there is no message displayed before the fight and the pokemon does not vanish. id is the same as in the script or does it matter whether i enter 0501 or 501 as id in advancemap?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Hey everyone, im new to ScriptED, and i have a question about a movement script.

What im trying to do, is have a person stand in a spot, and when you talk to that person, the person talks for a second and then walks upwards and you as the player follows him up a flight of stairs and into a house.

I have a start to the script, but all the tutorials for scriptED havent seemed to answer my question.

here is the start to my script:

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x800010
    callstd 0x2
    applymovement 0x1 $8000050
    pausemove 0
    msgbox $8000020
    boxset 6
    release
    end
    #org 0x800010
    = OLD MAN: Hello, \v\h01.\l I have been waiting for you.
    #org 0x800020
    = Please follow me.
    #org $8000050
    #raw
    #raw
    #raw
    #raw

I need him to make me follow him up 7 squares, with the 7th square being the entrance to the house.

Any help is much appreciated.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto $talk
    message $1
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#ORG $talk
    $talk 1 = \c\h01\h08Psst! Kid, I needa ask you\na favor. Rocket wants to \pkill me, so I need you to /ntake this... They'll kill it /ptoo if they find it. Take care of it, /nplease.
    givepokemon 133 5 0
    fanfare 0x13E
    boxset 4
    waitfanfare
    #raw 0x68
    setflag 0x828
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if b_true gosub $name
    message $5
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $name
    call 0x1A74EB
    return

Just burning it into the ROM messes it up. Is the script right? Also, how would you insert it with Pokescript into a Fire Red ROM?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    I'm having a problem with this script.

Spoiler:

The problem is that the event doesn't happen when I step on the tile.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Well thanks everyone for helping me *Cough "Not" Cough*, I have found the problem with my script.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    hi i was trying to find a working script for a battle like a legendary pokemon that vanishes after the fight cause mine doesnt work. and since this forum has no search function (or i cant see it) and i couldnt find a working one im asking here now.
    my script atm is
    ---------
    #org $StartWild
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 151
    message $charCry
    $charcry 1 = Mew!
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x2E
    if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
    release
    end

#org $Wildbatt
    lock
    wildbattle 151 20 2
    release
    setflag 0x501
    fadescreen 0
    end
    ---------
    help me pls

edit: my rom is Firered (E), the checked flag 0x2E is the first badge. fight does work, but there is no message displayed before the fight and the pokemon does not vanish. id is the same as in the script or does it matter whether i enter 0501 or 501 as id in advancemap?
    no ideas about whats wrong or didnt you read my post?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    hey I got advance text could some one tell me how i can put new text on a new person on advance map please.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    Please can someone help? I want to script my game but there is no tutorials on how to use the programs, there's just tutorials on how to script. I don't understand PokeScript and ScriptEd that comes with Elitemap i know how to use it its just that when i click on Rubikon it opens a notepad document (?) and DiamondCutter isnt there!! This has happened to me numerous times before so dont say i downloaded it from the wrong site cos ive downloaded it from many sites and not been successful.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Help

Hello can someone make me 2 scripts for ruby where you talk to a wall and it says To open the passage you must find a person and talk to him. While the person says hey do you want to know your past? Go to the 7 up walk cave. This is a sercet message whcih the man will say

So i am asking for 2 scripts one which goes on a cave wall which opens up after you talk to that person and a script of that person talking.
    Thank you if you do help.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    This is a script for HackMew's new XSE, but I can't get it to work right. I'm not sure where the problem is. While compiling I received this error:
    [Archive] Script help thread

Also as a side question, in XSE you place the Dynamic offset in the map, correct?

Spoiler:

Well, as XSE says there's a missing parameter or #define. In this case, the problem is "B_true". In fact, in the std.rbh, it's defined as "B_TRUE". Since both #defines and dynamic labels are case-sensitive, "B_true" is different from "B_TRUE", which is different from "b_True" and so on. That was the first problem. If you would only fix this, XSE will stops again later since the givepokemon command has a total of 6 parametes, where the last three ones are simply fillers and they should be set all to zero. Check the Command Help if when you're unsure. And that was the second problem. Now, third problem. Do not use low values for flags since it's most likely they're already used by the game which means your script could not work properly. The solution is easy, just use something between 0x1000 and 0xFFFF.
    A little suggestion: avoid using such short names for your dynamic labels, like "q" or "hi". In this case the script is quite simple, but with more complex script this bad naming could lead to a misunderstanding on the logic of the script. Another suggestion: write all number in hex (0x6 etc.), it will help you understanding better the script if you decompile it later or you want to edit it with a hex editor. Yet another tip: avoid writing commands/directive writing their first letter as capital. Example: "#dynamic" instead of "#Dynamic".
    Remember also that the offset you specify as parameter for the #dynamic directive is just were XSE start searching some free space to place your script. At the end of the compilation, if the log is shown, you will be able to see the corresponding offset for each dynamic labels. The offsets shown there are the "real" offsets.

Finally, here's your script fully fixed:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back