• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • Spoiler:

Can someone tell me whats wrong with this script?
    The person doesn't talk, and whenever I try to talk to him the givepokemon repeats...

You used the wrong flag. instead of 200, you need 828.
    Other changes in bold.
    I suggest you check darthatron's or my tutorial on XSE before you post anymore stuff here.

Years
  • checkitem 0x26
    #raw 0x01 0x00
    if b_false goto $surf2
    removeitem 0x26 0x1

I need help with this tiny part! I am using thethethethe's tutorial and I'm confused. This is my attempt at creating a PART of a script that checks if you have fresh water, and then removes it if you do. I am stuck on the raw and item numbers because of the 0x stuff because normally I don't do that. I don't know what the raws do, but im trying to make it check if you have one or more fresh waters, and then take one... could anyone give me an excerpt of this script and explain? :/ (26 is fresh water's item number)

Years
  • Spoiler:
    Actually, could someone maybe just tell me whats wrong with this script? Hes supposed to tell you to go to the lady in town and get him water, then you talk to her. She gives you water. Then he takes it and gives you HM03.

When I use the script, it automatically goes to him taking the water and giving you the HM03 (even if you do not have water)

please help. thanks!

nate443556

Upstart Programmer
    Years
  • Alright, I'm probably becoming a pest at this point, but here goes again. I need help with shinies. I've beaten Red, Gold, FireRedx3, LeafGreenx4, Sapphirex2, and Emerald and I have never gotten a shiny. So, I tried using the shiny hack maker v2 with XSE and I've looked at many examples (including Thethethethe's tutorial), but for the life of me can not get a darn script to work on XSE. And it seems like a lot of other newbies like myself can't get the ball rolling either.

So, I'm asking: could somebody please explain the correct steps for the shiny hack maker and maybe a short example for XSE? I understand if it's just not worth the time for you guys so if I don't get what I want this time, I'll stop asking and being a pest. I apologize if I seem like I'm just being another irritating newbie.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x34EB8D
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto 0x834EB98
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x34EB98
    lock
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x834EBB1
    waitmovement 0x0
    setflag 0x200
    msgbox 0x834EBB3 '""Come on Pikachu. \nLet's go!""
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x34EBB1
    #raw 1 'Face Up

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x34EBB3
    = "Come on Pikachu. \nLet's go!"

Now, this script just freezes me. Also I know it doesn't give you a pokemon or a pokedex...I wanted to get the movement part down first.

Also in advance map I have no idea wat the unkown, var number, var value or second unkown are for.
    I looked on a few other scripts and they had var number 4005 so I used that. When I made it 0000 I walked over the script like it was nothing.

EDIT-
    Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x34EB8D
    checkflag 0x200
    if 0x1 goto 0x834EB98
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x34EB98
    lock
    applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x834EBB1
    waitmovement 0x0
    setflag 0x200
    msgbox 0x834EBB3 '""Come on Pikachu. \nLet's go!""
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x34EBB1
    #raw 1 'Face Up
    #raw 0 'Face Down
    #raw B2 'movB2
    #raw BD 'movBD
    #raw E3 'movE3
    #raw E1 'movE1
    #raw D9 'movD9
    #raw 0 'Face Down
    #raw E3 'movE3
    #raw E2 'movE2
    #raw 0 'Face Down
    #raw CA 'movCA
    #raw DD 'movDD
    #raw DF 'movDF
    #raw D5 'movD5
    #raw D7 'movD7
    #raw DC 'movDC
    #raw E9 'movE9
    #raw AD 'movAD
    #raw 0 'Face Down
    #raw FE 'End of Movements

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x34EBB3
    = "Come on Pikachu. \nLet's go!"

I added a givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 and setflag 0x828 and 0x829
    and it decided to transform my script into that. Now, when I try and load up the old script it won't compile? How do I revert back to the first script I posted? And how I fix the first script I posted?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This is an XSE problem:

Whenever I type in a script in XSE(using advanced map) and click compile, it looks like it works fine, but if I open up that script on advanced map after compiling it dissapears.

Is it the script, XSE, or something I did wrong?

If it helps, I'll post up the script.

Spoiler:

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • I'd like to learn how to make level scripts, but I don't know how. I know how to script, But I don't know how to level script. Any help here?

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • Can someone help me on making a trainer battle in XSE? Thanks.
    the command is
    trainerbattle 0x0(or 1) 0x01 0x00 [<--trainerID reversed] @before @after (@later, if you used 0x1).

example:
    Code:
    #org @begin
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x01 0x00 @before @after @later
    end

#org @before
    = Message before battle

#org @after
    = Message after battle

#org @later
    everything that should happen after the battle, applymovement or whatever

or
    Code:
    #org @begin
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x01 0x00 @before @after
    msgbox @beaten
    callstd 0x6
    end

#org @before
    = Message before battle

#org @after
    = Message after battle

#org @beaten
    = Message if you talk to the trainer again.

Hope that's enough.

@spenceroone3: read cooley's tutorial about special message codes and EXTRAs, the extras are explanations on how to make level scripts ;)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • This is an XSE problem:

Whenever I type in a script in XSE(using advanced map) and click compile, it looks like it works fine, but if I open up that script on advanced map after compiling it dissapears.

Is it the script, XSE, or something I did wrong?

If it helps, I'll post up the script.

Spoiler:

Are you using the pointer for @start in advance map? Or 71A250? I found it doesn't work when you use the dynamic pointer, you have to use the start pointer.

Dragon Tamer Hunter

Elite 4 Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    I am using XSE and i need help on learning how to make a script that would open a door or path to another city. Example: After defeating one of the lakes in D/P the people in front of another lake dissapear. How do i make any of that happen?

twi1ight

Pokemon Paradox Creator
    Years
  • This XSE script is really screwing up it skips the messages around the givepokemon part and when it gets to the trainer battle the screen turns red so here's the script
    Spoiler:

thanks

Years
  • This script is pissing me off...

Spoiler:
    I've tried it several times and changed several things but i don't see anything wrong with it... The only problem is when you say "Yes" It goes to what would happen if you said "No." :s

Years
  • I have more help requests... lol... I know these are easy fixes... which is why im not sure whats wrong :/

here is a video of what the husband does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvB0wM6JSJo

now here is his script:

Spoiler:

flag 219=helped the lady find her mail.
    flag 220=he gave you the item.

Also... Mary is a little messed up too >_>

When you agree to help her out and say "yes" you will help. If you talk to her again, she asks you to help her AGAIN instead of just going to what should be said after you say yes. Yet again, easy fix im sure...
    her script:
    Spoiler:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJLTGNpKEw

Last edited:

twi1ight

Pokemon Paradox Creator
    Years
  • This XSE script is really screwing up it skips the messages around the givepokemon part and when it gets to the trainer battle the screen turns red so here's the script
    Spoiler:

thanks
    would someone plz answer my question cuz im going to montana for the week and i wanna catch up on things

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back