• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Oh, well, you still have corruption of data. If you can, find the section of the gam where the effects are stored and compare it to a clean copy of the game and make the necessary repairs. It could be bad pointers in the effect table, or corrupted data at the locations the pointers point to.

I don't know where the table is so you will have to find it. Personally, it might be easier to start your hack over if you aren't too far in. Always compile dynamically to prevent this from happening.
That, or you could just find where the image was, and overwrite all the different data including the image with that of a clean rom until you get to something that hasn't been changed.. It might save a good bit of time.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
That, or you could just find where the image was, and overwrite all the different data including the image with that of a clean rom until you get to something that hasn't been changed.. It might save a good bit of time.

Same thing. It was finding the image that took the time:) I just replaced all of the hex code in that general area with the corresponding area in the clean rom.

Also, the problem has now turned into it being the actual effects, such as causing poison or one-hit KO that are the problem. You wouldn't happen to know where those were stored, would you?

Edit: and it has been years since I have had to read pig-latin:p took me a while how to remember how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I'm a beginner hacker, Can someone please tell me where I can find a tutorial for hacking the battle graphics, background.., I've searched but couldn't find..., I'm using ruby.

karatekid552

Years
I'm a beginner hacker, Can someone please tell me where I can find a tutorial for hacking the battle graphics, background.., I've searched but couldn't find..., I'm using ruby.

I feel you, I am a Ruby hacker also. The tutorial will be the same for FireRed and Ruby, just different locations I'm the rom.

Here is one by a great hacker who goes by thethethethe: http://thethethethesromhacking.weebly.com/battle-background-hacking.html

It is for FireRed, however, so you will need to just find the proper locations.

This is a seperate one for just general graphics: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186125

The tile set (the mashed up image) contains everything in the tile map, just no duplicates. These can be created in Sphere fairly easily if needed.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
Oh, well, you still have corruption of data. If you can, find the section of the gam where the effects are stored and compare it to a clean copy of the game and make the necessary repairs. It could be bad pointers in the effect table, or corrupted data at the locations the pointers point to.

I don't know where the table is so you will have to find it. Personally, it might be easier to start your hack over if you aren't too far in. Always compile dynamically to prevent this from happening.

Alright I guess I'll start over, then. I am only having one serious problem now. A-trainer won't work with my rom. I have seen the question asked multiple times but could never find an answer. Anyway, this is what it says:

Subscript out of range.
Drawtile8@modLZ77

I have struggled with this for a few days, and it seems to happen with every Emerald rom I try. Any suggestions?

karatekid552

Years
Alright I guess I'll start over, then. I am only having one serious problem now. A-trainer won't work with my rom. I have seen the question asked multiple times but could never find an answer. Anyway, this is what it says:

Subscript out of range.
Drawtile8@modLZ77

I have struggled with this for a few days, and it seems to happen with every Emerald rom I try. Any suggestions?

My clean BPEE rom works fine. Just tested it now. You are using 0.9.1, right?

I feel bad that you have to start over, hopefully you can recover any maps and such by saving them. Also, this is why it helps to save your scripts, just so you only have to insert them again later. Remember, dynamic or make sure you have well more than enough free space.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
My clean BPEE rom works fine. Just tested it now. You are using 0.9.1, right?

I feel bad that you have to start over, hopefully you can recover any maps and such by saving them. Also, this is why it helps to save your scripts, just so you only have to insert them again later. Remember, dynamic or make sure you have well more than enough free space.

I'm using whatever version came with the GBA Pokemon Game Editor. I tried downloading a-trainer seperately and it still isn't working. I tried the same rom you said works, but it still doesn't work. Can you provide a link to the version you are using?

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I'm using whatever version came with the GBA Pokemon Game Editor. I tried downloading a-trainer seperately and it still isn't working. I tried the same rom you said works, but it still doesn't work. Can you provide a link to the version you are using?

Re-download A-trainer. Also I'm not sure if it's compatible on a MAC, if that's what you're using.

karatekid552

Years

Go into help in A-trainer and click about. There you will see the version number on the right. I am using the one in HackMew's toolbox I believe.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
Go into help in A-trainer and click about. There you will see the version number on the right. I am using the one in HackMew's toolbox I believe.

Well, it is 0.9.1, and I went back to Hackmew's toolbox and redownloaded it. The program refuses to accept any rom I want to edit. Are there any other decent trainer editors?

karatekid552

Years
Well, it is 0.9.1, and I went back to Hackmew's toolbox and redownloaded it. The program refuses to accept any rom I want to edit. Are there any other decent trainer editors?

You can try P.E.T. But it is ancient. You wouldn't happen to have another computer you could use it on? That would be the best way to go. Also, give you registry and temp files a clear with Ccleaner. Might get rid of something blocking it's use.

Other thing to try is make sure you have all of the .net frameworks installed and both comdlg.ocx things registered. They are required for some tools.

blue

gucci
Years
How would I go about creating a script that only allows the player to access an area once a badge has been obtained? It's for blocking off the Pokemon Tower in FRLG until the player has obtained the Fourth Badge. I've had a look and I know it's something to do with setting the flags, I have an idea but I can't get it quite right.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
How would I go about creating a script that only allows the player to access an area once a badge has been obtained? It's for blocking off the Pokemon Tower in FRLG until the player has obtained the Fourth Badge. I've had a look and I know it's something to do with setting the flags, I have an idea but I can't get it quite right.

Isn't it just a simple checkflag? Or you mean like the door not opening till the fourth badge?

95gemello7

MrGarroz
Years
I'm using the hack tool "Pokemon Editor", that is in Pokemon Game Editor (PGE), and I can't manage to add a new attack to a Pokemon. For example, how can I add "Frenzy Plant" in Bulbasaur's learnable attacks at level 55?
It's the first time I use this tool, I always used YAPE in the past...

karatekid552

Years
I'm using the hack tool "Pokemon Editor", that is in Pokemon Game Editor (PGE), and I can't manage to add a new attack to a Pokemon. For example, how can I add "Frenzy Plant" in Bulbasaur's learnable attacks at level 55?
It's the first time I use this tool, I always used YAPE in the past...

Do you see the level-up attack pointer? Right above it, click "insert attacks at offset". Then point it to a good chunk of free space, type the number of attacks you want, then click inset. Do not touch the Jambo51 hack unless you know what you are doing!

Now, remember that point we typed in for the new attack bank? Type it into the level-up attack Pointer box and hit repoint. Have fun!

Wait, this will create a new empty bank of just "pounds". So, if you want to just add one move, use YAPE. Otherwise you will have to reinsert all of the old attacks.

95gemello7

MrGarroz
Years
Do you see the level-up attack pointer? Right above it, click "insert attacks at offset". Then point it to a good chunk of free space, type the number of attacks you want, then click inset. Do not touch the Jambo51 hack unless you know what you are doing!

Now, remember that point we typed in for the new attack bank? Type it into the level-up attack Pointer box and hit repoint. Have fun!

Wait, this will create a new empty bank of just "pounds". So, if you want to just add one move, use YAPE. Otherwise you will have to reinsert all of the old attacks.

Thank you a lot!!! Really, you saved my life!!!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Yeah, I wanted to make it so that the Door was locked until you receive the fourth badge.

Oh OK, in FireRed they had a green script tile infront of the door that made you walk down after a small message. Either that or you can use setmaptile. Have one tile be use warp + door animation and have the second tile not have those properties. Then you can either have a level script that checks and sets the tile depending on the flag or a screen script tile infront of the door.

karatekid552

Years
Oh OK, in FireRed they had a green script tile infront of the door that made you walk down after a small message. Either that or you can use setmaptile. Have one tile be use warp + door animation and have the second tile not have those properties. Then you can either have a level script that checks and sets the tile depending on the flag or a screen script tile infront of the door.

I have also done it with a hidden NPC on the door, that goes away when the flag is set.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
is there a simple way to change the chance of getting a shiny in firered...

its like 1 in 16 some odd thousand.. id like to set it at a sterdy 1%... 1 in 100

something sothat you WILL see some shiny playing thru the game... weather you catch a shiny ratatta or lugia is still random tho..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back