• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    That's not really what I meant. AS an example, lets say that... I want to re-point the weedle sprite to a pikachu, how would I go about doing that manually, in a hex editor.

It is all the same basically, go to where the Weedle sprite is located(offset). Then reserve the offset to get your pointers, then search. Now that should be the Weedle pointer. The Pikachu sprite is the same, just replace the word "Weedle" in the past text. Ok, after finding the Pikachu pointer just replace it with the Weedle pointer and hopefully that should work :3

abbott said:
    Ok i fixed the save thing to flash 128

but when i load it now it comes up with

unknown opcode dd at 0120

any ideas on fixing this?

Sounds like a rom error, maybe find a new one.

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
    Years
  • Fire Red Hero Back Sprite

Hi, i have been trying to change the trainer back sprite in Fire Red, but have had no luck! I followed zel's tutorial, by simply just copying his trainer backsprite from Shiney Gold (as a test) and pasted in over the image, but nothing changes when i play the game? is there a way to overwrite it or what? i clicked save but it didn't work?

Also, is there anywhere on this website which has unLZ numbers for Fire Red? I searched but couldn't find anything!

thanks for any help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    It is all the same basically, go to where the Weedle sprite is located(offset). Then reserve the offset to get your pointers, then search. Now that should be the Weedle pointer. The Pikachu sprite is the same, just replace the word "Weedle" in the past text. Ok, after finding the Pikachu pointer just replace it with the Weedle pointer and hopefully that should work :3

Sounds like a rom error, maybe find a new one.

its my hack that isnt working

light_trainer921

Flamethrower Helper
    Years
  • What is the pallete offset of the menu textbox(description) and the city entry border(like the once that appear when you enter a map example: when you enter Pallet Town a textbox will appear at the top-left side of the map)?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • spenceroone3: if you want to change the cry there is a tool to do it on dobimutsew's (spelled it wrong) site. i dont know if i am allowed to post the link.

hope it helped
    link

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    anybodey known how i insert a tiles like that one:
    custom1wj0.png

to my game?
    please

Help ? ,

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    A dumb question but how do you change the wild pokemon in gold?

what i mean is how do you no what route is what

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    abbott said:
    A dumb question but how do you change the wild pokemon in gold?

what i mean is how do you no what route is what

It is called GoldMap...an easy map tool that has a wild Pokemon editor. The other way you can do it is using hex too. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    sorry for so many post, but also:
    Where to you get the generation tables to use in hex's ?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    abbott said:
    sorry for so many post, but also:
    Where to you get the generation tables to use in hex's ?

I have attached a file containing table files.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    help

i want ot change all of gary staters in to evee when i battle him evertime i tired pet but it did not work please help

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    ryan123456789019 said:
    a stater wont work but is there another way to do it with out scripting i tired using P.E.T

Hex is your other way to do it, just search for the values of the Pokemon in hex you want to change.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    wrong thread to post your map help request. Go to the Team Discussion Thread and the Non Recruitement thread.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    2 questions

1. if i want the 1st gym to be guarded or locked or something - how would i do this

2. How do i insert trainers into the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back