• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Are you sure this is the pallete at the blue box? Because when I edit the pallete, the menu box's color changed(I actually looking for the offset of the description box at the menu).
    Just look for the Freaking palette in a hex editor already! it isn't that hard. There is a tutorial on how to change the Textbox color by Semel in the D/T section.

Most hacks never finish, and don't spam. That is not related to Questions about Rom-Hacking.

Anyone know why This happens the moment I edit tilesets.(It doesn't happen all the time)
    Not like this is important or anything.....Since this is a new page, I'll post it up again.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @ cooley
    you have to change the background of the tiles in the block editor in AM with green...
    I'll post a screen in a few minutes..;)

:EDIT:
    Look..;)
    screenieforcooley.jpg

If I'm right this has to work..:D

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I'll try it now, but has it ever happened to you?

Doesn't work. It only happens when I import a certain tree tile, I would post it here but there are Tile Theives.
    Anyone Else know what is wrong

Years
  • I'll try it now, but has it ever happened to you?

Doesn't work. It only happens when I import a certain tree tile, I would post it here but there are Tile Theives.
    Anyone Else know what is wrong

Uhhm..send me the tiles on PM so I'll take a look...;)
    (and I swear that I wont steal them or a moderator or something may delete my account(I hate thieves to))

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • Well I've been searching for awhile and wanted to know, does anybody know the offsets for the heroes' overworld sprites? or at least how to find the offsets w/o a hex editor?
    :\

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    3 questions...
    1. How do I change the palette of a pokemon?
    2. How do I change the sounds and music of the game? (Pokemon Ruby)
    3. How do I change the information that is in the pokedex? (description, size, weight, etc.)

and don't say hex editor

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • 1. Change it unlz-GBA.
    2. Use sappy, sorry I don't know how, but I'm sure there is a tutorial in the tutorials/documents section.
    3. Sorry, I don't know how unfortunately. I can do it with A-text.. but apart from that... No, I can't.

Years
  • Well I've been searching for awhile and wanted to know, does anybody know the offsets for the heroes' overworld sprites? or at least how to find the offsets w/o a hex editor?
    :\

3 questions...
    1. How do I change the palette of a pokemon?
    2. How do I change the sounds and music of the game? (Pokemon Ruby)
    3. How do I change the information that is in the pokedex? (description, size, weight, etc.)

and don't say hex editor

Why are people so lazy? I wish there weren't so many tools around, a lot of people would quit hacking on the spot.

But instead of complaining about that, I'd better just answer the questions. I don't think there is no other way of finding offsets without a hex editor.
    Heroes overworld palette is at. 35B968

Nishkabob.
    1. Hex editor, ape
    2. Sappy
    3. Hex editor, dexter, a-text

ldl_lionel_92

Lionel
    Years
  • Two ways to find it. Do it in a hex editor or use the search function in A-Text. If you want to do it in a hex editor, I'll save you the trouble of searching, its at 1C5A04.

I couldn't find it in Advance Text, so i tried Hex, but I have no idea what to do? Is there a tutorial on how to do this? or could someone write one?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    ldl_lionel_92 said:
    I couldn't find it in Advance Text, so i tried Hex, but I have no idea what to do? Is there a tutorial on how to do this? or could someone write one?

A1=0
    A2=1
    A3=2
    A4=3
    A5=4
    A6=5
    A7=6
    A8=7
    A9=8
    AA=9
    AB=!
    AC=?
    AD=.
    AE=-
    AF=...
    B0=••
    B1=«
    B2=»
    B3=<
    B4='
    B5=|m|
    B6=|w|
    B7=$
    B8=,
    B9=*
    BA=/
    BB=A
    BC=B
    BD=C
    BE=D
    BF=E
    C0=F
    C1=G
    C2=H
    C3=I
    C4=J
    C5=K
    C6=L
    C7=M
    C8=N
    C9=O
    CA=P
    CB=Q
    CC=R
    CD=S
    CE=T
    CF=U
    D0=V
    D1=W
    D2=X
    D3=Y
    D4=Z
    D5=a
    D6=b
    D7=c
    D8=d
    D9=e
    DA=f
    DB=g
    DC=h
    DD=i
    DE=j
    DF=k
    E0=l
    E1=m
    E2=n
    E3=o
    E4=p
    E5=q
    E6=r
    E7=s
    E8=t
    E9=u
    EA=v
    EB=w
    EC=x
    ED=y
    EE=z
    EF=|>|
    F0=:
    F1=Ä
    F2=Ö
    F3=Ü
    F4=E
    F5=E

F6=E

F7=|A|
    F8=|V|
    F9=|<|
    FA=|nb|
    FB=|nb2|
    FC=|FC|
    FC=" "
    FD=|FD|
    FE=|br|
    FF=|end|

Hopefully that should help.

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • How can i edit the behavior of tiles?
    for instance that it is a door animation or water animaton.
    or that it leaves footprints or has wild pokemon in it?

Last edited:

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
    Years
  • When I use Overworld Editor RE, it works fine until I try to edit. Once I start editing a sprite, the program says Runtime error "9": Subscript out of range. What did I do wrong?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Rabid_Lime said:
    When I use Overworld Editor RE, it works fine until I try to edit. Once I start editing a sprite, the program says Runtime error "9": Subscript out of range. What did I do wrong?

Maybe you put too many colours or made it too big. Another way of editing the OW sprites could be by using a tile-editing tool if this continues to occur.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2010
    when i save my script from notpad it comes up as a missing file and i cant open it. i have done it right i think its saved as

Shelder.rbc - which i think is right

moz-screenshot.jpg
    moz-screenshot-1.jpg
    moz-screenshot-2.jpg
    moz-screenshot-3.jpg

can someone help? that would be great thanks

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    When I use Overworld Editor RE, it works fine until I try to edit. Once I start editing a sprite, the program says Runtime error "9": Subscript out of range. What did I do wrong?

What exactly version are you using?
    Also could you tell me the precise steps you did?

Years
  • Could someone please explain how to set a level script in a map with AdvanceMap/hex?

Thanks in advance =D

(note: I used the search function, but "level" and "script" give way too many results =/)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Could someone please explain how to set a level script in a map with AdvanceMap/hex?

Thanks in advance =D

(note: I used the search function, but "level" and "script" give way too many results =/)

If Spanish it's not a big problem for you, you could try reading this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back