• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Oh, it was in there? Meh that`s piece of cake :3 It`s 3:28AM so lemme start working now, i got all day tomorrow to sleep so w/e ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    MostImmature said:
    I probably didn't search enough if I missed it, but;

Is anyone hacking NDS ROMS? (Rangers, D&P and such) Is hacking different from hacking GBA ROMS?

Try this thread: https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82080

itman1234 said:
    Is there a way to not start out in the truck at the beginning of pokemon Ruby?
    I can't figure out a way to change it.

You can search over the script and remove the earthquake part. I would use hex, but many people here seem to use script editors instead.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    swanec said:
    is there any hack school in this website.

Try refering to the Rom Hacking Groups, you can learn from others and join groups to help others there or you can post in the recruitment thread if you need a group to help you.

Years
  • You can search over the script and remove the earthquake part. I would use hex, but many people here seem to use script editors instead.

That wouldn't work blazichu. If it did, every hack would have done it. The truck animation is different to the earthquake animation.
    (Plus 25 31 01, only appears once in the rom)
    In a normal script, I don't think that the way that the truck animation activates is known.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    thethethethe said:
    That wouldn't work blazichu. If it did, every hack would have done it. The truck animation is different to the earthquake animation.
    (Plus 25 31 01, only appears once in the rom)
    In a normal script, I don't think that the way that the truck animation activates is known.

Hmm...it is probably built into the rom, like the Birch speech part. It can probably be edited with ASM or it could be somewhere towards the start of hex, only if the offset was known.

Years
  • I don't know why no one has answered my question. Someone better answer it this time because im not getting anywhere in my hack. Here is my question again.
    I know how to change the Bank/Level the player starts on but how do I change the X/Y position?

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
    Years
  • ok, well im not sure if anyone already posted these 2 questions but who can get stuffed going through atleast 138 pages of script sorry mod's and website admin and all the other people who help with the server!

1. How do we add Sinnoh pokemon to Pokemon Emerald???

2. How do we take screenshots and videos in vba for all the people who dont no wat vba is. vba = Visual Boy Advance

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    SceptileHero said:
    I don't know why no one has answered my question. Someone better answer it this time because im not getting anywhere in my hack. Here is my question again.
    I know how to change the Bank/Level the player starts on but how do I change the X/Y position?

FR/LG the X position is 06, Y position is 06 and R/S/E the X position is 02 and Y position is 01. Search for those values in a hex editor.

kingdude256 said:
    ok, well im not sure if anyone already posted these 2 questions but who can get stuffed going through atleast 138 pages of script sorry mod's and website admin and all the other people who help with the server!

1. How do we add Sinnoh pokemon to Pokemon Emerald???

2. How do we take screenshots and videos in vba for all the people who dont no wat vba is. vba = Visual Boy Advance

1. Try using unLZ.GBA or RS Ball or Pokepic if you are using R/S.

2. Screenshots: File > Screen Capture....
    Videos: Tools > Record > Start AVI recording...(not Start movie recording... as you can only play that movie using VBA).

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Help

Hi ive been hacking for 2 years now and i still dont know how to get rid of the girl in pallet town that is at the sign its the game pokemon leaf green im using but i dont know how to get rid of her can someone please tell me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Reaper 6 said:
    Hi ive been hacking for 2 years now and i still dont know how to get rid of the girl in pallet town that is at the sign its the game pokemon leaf green im using but i dont know how to get rid of her can someone please tell me?

You could try and find the script in a hex editor, her script should be at $16575C, so do a byte reversal for that, which should be 5C5716(pointer).

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    help

i dont understand what do u mean im not good with hex editing is there another way to get rid of her

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Reaper 6 said:
    i dont understand what do u mean im not good with hex editing is there another way to get rid of her

Hmm...that might be your only option, maybe you could write a new script over it.

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    help

Im not good at scripting in fact im terrible and even if i could scrit i dont know where to put it

Leo~chan

Lolbot :3
    Years
  • Sorry, I'm again me... I try to find in tile Molester "Green Version", but I don't find anything! Someone can help me? Thanks...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Good day guys. It's me again... I just want to ask if we can edit PKMN battle and back sprits using Tile Molester...

Thanks~

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Ive started to leanr to script but i have a problemo.

Ive installed pokewitch scripting tool but it wont let me install the other part of the tool so i can compile the script.
    The install is a pls file.

How the hell can i do it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back