• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Just use Advance Map, it's waaay better.
    Thanks. AdvanceMap is working great Just one more question. I would like to change the trainer in Viridian city gym to have 2 sandshrews . I ifgured I could just Script it, but the pokescript tutorial said I needed Advanced Battle to edit trainers. And the Download link had expired for that application. So, I either need a link to that program, or a different way to edit trainers. Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Thanks. AdvanceMap is working great Just one more question. I would like to change the trainer in Viridian city gym to have 2 sandshrews . I ifgured I could just Script it, but the pokescript tutorial said I needed Advanced Battle to edit trainers. And the Download link had expired for that application. So, I either need a link to that program, or a different way to edit trainers. Thanks in advance.

to edit trainer's PKMN, why not use PET..?
    It is a veery handy (and glitchy) program that can help ya a lot, or maybe you can go with hex editing it. ;)

PET is available in WAH. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008

to edit trainer's PKMN, why not use PET..?
    It is a veery handy (and glitchy) program that can help ya a lot, or maybe you can go with hex editing it. ;)

PET is available in WAH. :)
    I get what you mean by glitchy... One of the sandshrews is at the correct level (8), but knows tackle and Ice punch (which it shouldn't) and the other one is supposed to be at lv9, but it is at lv 11, but seems to have the correct attacks. Is there a way to fix this? (gawd, I feel like such a noob.)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I only inserted a tileset 3 times and this is already happening! Usually It should happen When I do it a Lot of times, but 3? Anyone?

Don't mind the Glitched trees. I just inserted them, and I didn't fix them yet.

I even tried it on a Clean Rom, and inserted it just once!

Proof.jpg

You inserted the tileset in a palette that has less than 16 colours, Don Patch posted how to fix these a few pages back. I mean like 10 x] I think it works, though it doesn't for me.
    You should try his idea, i'll see if I can get a quote.

Here ya go:

Actually Crashink, that is not the problem and it is fixable.

Actually, even though this may seem bad, it is a relatively easy fix (Trust me. I have had this error occur with me in Harmony more times than you can count). First, the problem is that you exported the tileset in a palette that had less than 16 colors. What A-Map did was it replaced the missing colors with the lines that you saw to compensate for them. Now, to fix it, you are going to need a copy of the original tileset, in Palette 0. You will also need the broken tileset, also in Palette 0. With the original tileset, copy all of the tiles that have been ruined and paste them onto the ruined one. Then import, and it is fixed!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • You inserted the tileset in a palette that has less than 16 colours, Don Patch posted how to fix these a few pages back. I mean like 10 x] I think it works, though it doesn't for me.
    You should try his idea, i'll see if I can get a quote.

Here ya go:
    The original tileset in Palette 0 Doesn't have any Glitches on it. Man, The graphics part of hacking is Killing me.

The first time I imported a tileset I got that glitch, so How do I get an original? Or do you mean an original that's in a clean Rom?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    Where do I get the program at?

Where are the offsets to the trainer's backsprite in Pokemon Gold?

1. The program should be available in Presea's Tool Archive(in my signature), the file should be called soundedit.zip.

2. Hiro's Backpic is located at offset 0x260555. You would need to change this using Agixp or Meowth's GFX Inserter.

Larsie13 said:
    When I replace Kyogre with Dialga in unLZ, I do everything as I should, yet I get a glitchy image. What do I need to do to fix that?

Make sure your images has the correct palettes being used and at least 16 at maximum.

FHJoker said:
    I had increased my rom space in Pokemon Gold so I was wondering how to to add more PKMN to Pokemon Gold's roster of 251 or add new tiles

Increading the game will cause the clock to freeze, but it is probably your loss.

You can only add up to 255 Pokemon seeing as 255 = FF in numbers. So you would need to find the pointers of the Pokemon and add onto the end of that to increase the amount. Then add in a new structure for your Pokemon and the pointer you use at the end should be pointing to that structure which should be under the same bank, so free space nearby should help. New tiles you would have to do that same thing, just find the pointers, add onto it and direct your new pointer to a compressed tileset.

megiddo said:
    So, if i edit in hex, do i just keep searching for the original string?

Well to edit the text or events you go into hex, search for the text then at the start of that text calculate a pointer and it should direct you to an event in which a person speaks. The offset of where people's events begin also show up in Advance-Map. So you can easily just look over where the offset is and edit it from there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    megiddo said:
    we went from tiles to events?!

Well if you want to edit tiles in hex then that could be hard to do seeing as there codings would be difficult to find and all, but you can probably overwrite the tiles with the old ones easily if found. I just thought you wanted to do some hex editing :P

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    When I replace Kyogre with Dialga in unLZ, I do everything as I should, yet I get a glitchy image. What do I need to do to fix that?

Nice Dialga sprite ya have. =3
    However, I have a tutorial about this matter. It is unavoidable to have this problem, though, and the only solution is to shrink it so it'll fit Kyogre perfectly. My brother did this once and he had no problems with it. He has the same sprite as you have.
    Hmm... :\

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • no. i just want to change trees, etc's colors. indoor tiles and OW's change with one search and edit. i've tried searching for the tree colors and changing them, but they don't change.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    megiddo said:
    no. i just want to change trees, etc's colors. indoor tiles and OW's change with one search and edit. i've tried searching for the tree colors and changing them, but they don't change.

I put a list up not too long ago of where the palettes are, you can use hex or APE to do so.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
    Years
  • Can I add them without increasing the Rom space if so how many and how?

Howcome when I extrated the graphic it came out yellow and blue, if I want to change the color how do I fix it.

Oh yeah, what is the offset to the guy that teaches you how to catch a pokemon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    Can I add them without increasing the Rom space if so how many and how?

Howcome when I extrated the graphic it came out yellow and blue, if I want to change the color how do I fix it.

Oh yeah, what is the offset to the guy that teaches you how to catch a pokemon

1. You have to find some blank space under the bank in which the script is under.

2. Change it into a colour you want then, change it back when you need to insert it.

3. The Pointer of his script should be located at 0x12943D, by calculating that pointer his script should begin at 0x128E1C.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    where is the offset to the script located?

Well as I said the pointer (enables the script for the sprite) is located at 0x12943D. You need to change the pointer to where you have inserted a new script if you want a new event.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Ok I was wondering if you could insert new tiles,
    And then not have to e-map all of your maps?
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to re-map but If there is a chance that I don't,
    That would be wonderful!
    ~Thankies!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back