• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Does anybody have an idea on inserting OWs from a sprite sheet into OWE:RE? I am having a very hard time trying to get it to 16x32 as one of the OWs.

Last edited:

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
im currently working on a rom hack but i need some help with the spriting, in poketex, i can change most sprites but im having trouble with the one in the bottom corner, when ever i edit it it changes the background color, im fine with this but theres a leg of the normal trainer that i cant seem to erase

tox029.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2010
Two questions: I'm working on a fire red hack.

Could someone teach me how to insert new pokemon sprites using advanced sprite editor? I've managed to get a couple changed, but most of the ones I try screw up.

How would I go about inserting a legendary pokemon event into, say, Mt. Moon? I'm not trying to add anything story related. Just you see the sprite, talk to it, and a battle is initiated.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Well now i have a script

'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x800012 0x6 '"MAGMAR: MAG!MARRR!"
cry 0x126 0x0
wildbattle 0x126 0x20 0x00
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x800F
setflag 0x200
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x800000
= MAGMAR: MAG!MARRR!

I've looked at several videos of XSE, tried to compile it. Its not working, when I open up my ROM in advance map, I go to events and select the sprite I added and opened up its script, and they don't match. I know next to nothing about scripting, I've wasted several hours trying to figure this out.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Oh, then that makes perfect sense why it kept happening to me :laugh:, but wouldn't changing the person event also fix it because, the script in viridian city moves person event number 4, so if you change it doesn't get moved. :P

As long as there's an even number 4, that will be moved anyway. So changing it is not the solution.

Or you can just go with making it a two boys with both a different look :P

That's "editing the option to be a girl", not removing it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
I want to make a area in my hack where you have to cut away a couple trees, but I don't know how. I can put the tree sprites in. Do I have to script something for this? I saw that the other trees all had the same offset, but a diferent id. I placed my trees, but what do I have to do next.
progress.gif

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
But some people have diffrent numbers... Anyone know what they mean!?

Yes, there are different numbers, such as 21, 10...I don't know if anyone knows what they mean, but just put any number ( 11, 21, 10...) and I believe it will work. Don't know if there's a specific meaning for them...

Years
Well, wouldn't it make sense to use the offset that's on the other trees and use another, new ID? The ID is normally one more then the most recent ID used.

Or you can ake the script again, but it'd waste space, unless you want to make a change, or changes, to the script (i.e the text, or whatever). :D

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Is it legal to rip a Pokemon hack to a Game Boy game? EDIT: My Pokemon Hack
I'm not going to sell it (I'M ONLY 11 FOR GODSAKE!!!) , I just want to show my friends so they can be like "WOW!!! It's a new Pokemon game!!!" and if it is legal, can you help me rip it?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is it legal to rip a Pokemon hack to a Game Boy game? I'm not going to sell it (I'M ONLY 11 FOR GODSAKE!!!) , I just want to show my friends so they can be like "WOW!!! It's a new Pokemon game!!!" and if it is legal, can you help me rip it?

You don't "rip" it. You just put the ROM onto a flash cart, assuming you got one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back