• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
Years
  • I'm not quite sure what your asking. I take it your editing Ruby and Sapphire if your trying to make a trainer like Brock's trainer, Correct?

no i am editing firered and when i go to edit the trainer in the gym i can only change the pokemon not the moveset that it has

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    k on A-text when the file shows up I asked my dad to put Comdlg32.ocx in the right place but it needs to be registered how do you do that
    nevermind i just need to download fm20.DLL but cant find it on google can someone give me the download file

I've already answered a similar question. Use the seach function, next time. To read the full answer, go here

I have one question, are there any hacking tools for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team? thanx for your time.

AFAIK, there aren't any related tools. Anyway, you can always use a hex editor.

no i am editing firered and when i go to edit the trainer in the gym i can only change the pokemon not the moveset that it has

What program are you using? PET, I guess. If so, remember that PET wasn't designed for FR/LG and therefore you could see weird behaviours. Using a hex editor would be the best choice, I think.

Naoshi

lawl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2023
    Anyone know the flags for when the PokeMart person gives you the Parcel and when you delivered it to Oak?

Last edited:

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    Okay, so when I open up tile molester, it says something like, language not found or something like that. Can someone help me?

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I have a question and i searched for the answer. When using advance map, under header view it gives you the option of adding new map names. Unfortunately mine appears grayed out and unelectable. what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do to enable this?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I need a few rom hacking tools to Complete my hack
    -Change A pokemon's name
    -Change a cities name
    -Change a pokemon's cry
    -Change the pokedex data (Dexter can do this but it says the "Pokedex base is unspecified")
    -Change the title screen so it says pokemon "purple" version and so it has a different pokemon on it.
    And thats it, if someone can give me these tools i will be forver grateful
    Final answers: Hopefully! (The other answers weren't exactly straight-forward)
    1. Hex Editor
    2. Advanced Map/ Hex Editor
    3. PokeCry
    4. Hex Editor (Dexter only works for Ruby and Sapphire)
    5. Unlz.gba

Anyone know the flags for when the PokeMart person gives you the Parcel and when you delivered it to Oak?
    I don't know them off the top of my head, try looking at the level script.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    Can someone teach me how to use scriptED? I found it (finally)
    and pokescript is to hard to compile in.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • 1. What Programs to use for making new events in G/S?

2. How do you create Scripts or lengthen them in G/S?

3. how do i change the picture of a pokemon to something that I made?

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
    Years
  • any easy hex editing for a new person to hex editing? i've given up the search and dicided to to myself

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2012
    Final answers: Hopefully! (The other answers weren't exactly straight-forward)
    1. Hex Editor
    2. Advanced Map/ Hex Editor
    3. PokeCry
    4. Hex Editor (Dexter only works for Ruby and Sapphire)
    5. Unlz.gba

I don't know them off the top of my head, try looking at the level script.
    Thanx but pokecry doesn't work
    And where can i find The Hex Editor for this

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Okay, so when I open up tile molester, it says something like, language not found or something like that. Can someone help me?

What version are you using? Also, are you sure you extracted all the compressed files inside the Tile Molester archive?

The level script involves more that just a flag. In fact it requires some variables as well. I've solved the problem by simply nopping the level script and editing a bit the clerk's assigned script. To find the level script you can backtrace the text used when you get the Oak's Parcel.

I have a question and i searched for the answer. When using advance map, under header view it gives you the option of adding new map names. Unfortunately mine appears grayed out and unelectable. what am i doing wrong or what do i need to do to enable this?

That feature isn't implemented yet and cannot be enabled.

well my computer doesnt have fm20.dll do you have a place where i could download it

Why don't you read my answers?

Unfortunately, I can't view ingame scripts with any program, it's usually blank. Thanks for helping though.

Are you sure the ROM are you hacking is in the same folder as Elite Map? Make sure also you have all the ScriptEd needed files.

Can someone teach me how to use scriptED? I found it (finally)
    and pokescript is to hard to compile in.

There are some tutorials in the "Documents and Tutorial" section. Take a look there.

1. What Programs to use for making new events in G/S?
    2. How do you create Scripts or lengthen them in G/S?

For both of them, a hex editor.

Thanx but pokecry doesn't work
    And where can i find The Hex Editor for this

PokeCry does work, with FR/LG as well.
    Regarding the hex editor, simply google for "hex editor" and you'll find plenty of them, even freeware. Some suggestion could be Thingy32/Translhextion.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • hi
    i need help with making an ips patch. i open lips and it asks me to select arom. then another rom and then the name for the ips patch. what are the two roms i need to select. i know one is my hack but not the other?

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Hey I'm having an issue with an indoor map I'm making

I saw this question answered before but didn't feel it was answered sufficiently.

The border of my indoor map, though I have the border tiles set as the black ones, always comes out as pink instead of black.

I've tried several different blocks within that tileset, but nothing works.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    ok igot all five downloads but a-text is still saying not all files a registered but i registered them already

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • hi
    i need help with making an ips patch. i open lips and it asks me to select arom. then another rom and then the name for the ips patch. what are the two roms i need to select. i know one is my hack but not the other?
    Are you applying a patch, or creating a patch?

Hey I'm having an issue with an indoor map I'm making

I saw this question answered before but didn't feel it was answered sufficiently.

The border of my indoor map, though I have the border tiles set as the black ones, always comes out as pink instead of black.

I've tried several different blocks within that tileset, but nothing works.
    Did you change the tilesets? Sometimes they have issues with each other, I believe there is a way to solve it, but I forgot XD.

ok igot all five downloads but a-text is still saying not all files a registered but i registered them already
    Did you put the neccessary files in with the A-Text folder? If so trying putting them here:
    PHP:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Sometimes it is needed.

Hope it helped!
    -Hiidoran

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back