• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i need help with agixp411 every time i trie to start it up i get a sysem error plz someone get back to me i need this program put my 100% pokemon over world sprite's in it

ps if there's a program that does the same thing plz get back to me.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Ummm help
I'm trying to change The Town Map of my rom (firered)So i can fly to the places on the map
At The moment i'm flying to the original spots on the map (yes i know how to change it in game just not fly there)

I also need help with most of the helmmeted rodent's tools
How do you work pokecry
what does "Rom Supported but pokedex names aren't specified" or "Rom Supported but monster names arn't specified" mean?
Cause the 4 things i need is
-Change Town Map (so that i can fly to my own cities)
-Change pokemon names
-Change pokedex ntry
-Change Pokemon Cry
I DO NOT want to use a Hex Editor
(Does anyone know ANY gold/silver/crystal rom hacking tools besides golmap, Tile changer, starter pokemon changer or poketext cause i REALLY want to make a gold/silver hack even more than Firered, once again NO HEX EDITORS)
Thankyou

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
im creating an ips patch plus im having to same problems as Shining Salamence is with the maps

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
Yo, I have a question:
Is it possible to battle or trade with other players of the Diamond and Pearl ROMs via Internet?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
How do I create an IPS Patch because I have the lips program.
You Click Create Ips Patch, then double click the rom or the hack
Yo, I have a question:
Is it possible to battle or trade with other players of the Diamond and Pearl ROMs via Internet?
If you Mean on an Emulator then no, If you mean on a ds then go on wi-fi.
How do you play hack ROMS?
Download the Hack then open it with Visual Boy Advance

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
i need help with agixp411 every time i trie to start it up i get a sysem error plz someone get back to me i need this program put my 100% pokemon over world sprite's in it.

ps if there's a program that does the same thing plz get back to me.
Since I've been told many times over, I'm suggesting you try Advanced Overworld editor. You can get it here: Hackmew's Tool Factory

Ummm help
I'm trying to change The Town Map of my rom (firered)So i can fly to the places on the map
At The moment i'm flying to the original spots on the map (yes i know how to change it in game just not fly there)

I also need help with most of the helmmeted rodent's tools
How do you work pokecry
what does "Rom Supported but pokedex names aren't specified" or "Rom Supported but monster names arn't specified" mean?
Cause the 4 things i need is
-Change Town Map (so that i can fly to my own cities)
-Change pokemon names
-Change pokedex ntry
-Change Pokemon Cry
I DO NOT want to use a Hex Editor
(Does anyone know ANY gold/silver/crystal rom hacking tools besides golmap, Tile changer, starter pokemon changer or poketext cause i REALLY want to make a gold/silver hack even more than Firered, once again NO HEX EDITORS)
Thankyou
Wow, most to all of those questions were answered already...Did you use the search function? Those answers should be on just the last few pages. Also, if you plan on making a successful hack, along the way you're going to have to use a hex-editor; whether you're hacking R/S/LG/FR or G/S/C.

I've just re-installed elitemap. But i can't view ingame scripts. Can anybody help me?
Simply open up scripted, type in "yourromname.gba:script offset" It should appear.

im creating an ips patch plus im having to same problems as Shining Salamence is with the maps
All right then,
The first rom you select should be a clean version of the rom you used. The second rom you select would be your modified version. After that save the ips patch with the name you want to give it. As for the map question, I personally never change my map enough to where I need to change it's calibrations...

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Wow, most to all of those questions were answered already...Did you use the search function? Those answers should be on just the last few pages. Also, if you plan on making a successful hack, along the way you're going to have to use a hex-editor; whether you're hacking R/S/LG/FR or G/S/C.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and they replied "hex Editor" the town map question wasn't answered and i want to learn how to use pokecry or use another cry changing tool
Also i was asking if someone could help me to see why it says "Rom Supported but **** was unspecified"

Now i've tried a hex editor but i am a Super beginner, could someone PLEASE!! help me to change the pokemon's name and entry on a hex editor or give me a tool that can,(because dexter and baseedit say that "Rom is supported but ***** is unspecified")

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
I have two questions.

1. How do you add new event pokemon (ones that you talk too)?

2. How do you change the connection of towns?

Example: I want the map to work like this:
You start off at the tip of a mountain and go basically straight down. So it would be like this:
S
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
F

and in between S and F there would be towns routes and other things. How would I do this?

Thanks in advance.

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
I still have the error code on A-text
component 'Comdlg32.ock' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file missing or invalid

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I have two questions.

1. How do you add new event pokemon (ones that you talk too)?

2. How do you change the connection of towns?

Example: I want the map to work like this:
You start off at the tip of a mountain and go basically straight down. So it would be like this:
S
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
F

and in between S and F there would be towns routes and other things. How would I do this?

Thanks in advance.
1. I think you have to make a script for it, so check in the document and tutorials section for that.

2. You need to use the map connection tool in advance map.

Squeenix

Meow
Years
is it possible to make the sprite change of your character with a script or something by like "would you like to change your clothes"
Red Orange so on or something like that

lookoutapiano

Banned
Years
How do i add pokemon to towns are citys.

You can do this using Advance Map. You load the ROM, find the city or town map that you want, then go to the tab "Wild Pokemon View" above the picture of the map. If there are no wild pokemon already you click "Create new Wild Pokemon" and select the areas you want them(eg grass, water), if you can already find them in water but not grass you click "Expand" then add them.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
1.How come Agixp doesn't work anymore. When I click on it nothing happens but you see the little icon in the Taskbar.

2. Are there any tuts on Meowth's GFX inserter?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years

Yes and they replied "hex Editor" the town map question wasn't answered and i want to learn how to use pokecry or use another cry changing tool
Also i was asking if someone could help me to see why it says "Rom Supported but ....was unspecified"

Now i've tried a hex editor but i am a Super beginner, could someone PLEASE!! help me to change the pokemon's name and entry on a hex editor or give me a tool that can,(because dexter and baseedit say that "Rom is supported but ..... is unspecified")
The whole, "rom is supported..." thing has been answered many times, but here it goes again... Dexter and Basedit were not designed to hack FR/LG, therefore they will not work.
As for the pokecry thing, I don't know I never use it. If you want to change the name of pokemon simple open up a hex-editor, load your table-file, and search for the Pokemon's name. When you reach an area in the game where it's like BULBASAUR.IVYSAUR.VENUSAUR.SQUIRTLE... This is where you change it. This question has been asked before too...

thanks for the help. is there a check pokemon command?
Not really. There is a string of raws that you can do, but I'm sorry I do not know them.

I still have the error code on A-text
component 'Comdlg32.ock' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file missing or invalid
And you put it in the correct directory? Edit copy edit paste? Then I'm sorry I don't know why it's not working, try downloading the file from another site.

is it possible to make the sprite change of your character with a script or something by like "would you like to change your clothes"
Red Orange so on or something like that
You would have to do ASM hacking to do this. It would be incredibly difficult, but no impossible as Coolboy has shown us in Pokemon Prism.

1.How come Agixp doesn't work anymore. When I click on it nothing happens but you see the little icon in the Taskbar.

2. Are there any tuts on Meowth's GFX inserter?
I'm really bad with off-the-beaten-path tools. I try to use tools that are largly in circulation so that if a problem arises (like it just did) someone can answer me (sadly, like I cannot for you :( )

As always, hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
(I searched this thread, but didn't find anything related to my question)

I'm currently having problems with the program "PokeTronic". I'm trying to use it to change the legendary Pokemon events, but every time I pick an event from the drop-down menu, it gives me the following error:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

Then, the program just closes down. I tried putting the rom into the same folder, and it gave me the same result. Is there any way to get this program to work properly, and if not... is there any other way to change the legendary Pokemon events?

(I am hacking the Sapphire version, by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back