• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookoutapiano

Banned
Years
Hi I've got a question.

How do you edit/make your own warping tiles?
(Like if you step on a warp on a plain grass-tile nothing happens. But if you step on a door/cave you warp)
In Advance Map go to Block Editor. Then you click on the tile you want to be a warping tile. On the right you'll see "Behavior Data", you can scroll down the list under "Behaviour-Byte" and change it to something like "60- Stairway,Cave/ Use Warp", "65-Doormat/ Use Warp", "69-Door/ Use Warp" etc... Afterwards save the changes.

Darke Hawke

Trainer of the Shadows
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2008
how do I make it so that in my hack, (FR) poeple receive the national dex instead of the regular in the beggining?

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Can someone give me a general idea as to where I would find the .ini folder in Amplifier 2006 Ae?
Please guys, I don't mean to spam, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Actually, edit: I just need to know if someone can help me translate TMs/HMs in Amp2006Ae, but don't go out of your way, just if you have a list, it'd be nice. I can't find one.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Can someone tell me how to Script in Pokemon Gold?
Or tell me the Offsets in a hex editor for where ite starts?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Can anyone tell me the flag of the National Dex in Ruby so I could make a script for my hack...?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
cooley said:
Can someone tell me how to Script in Pokemon Gold?
Or tell me the Offsets in a hex editor for where ite starts?

Well you have to find the right hex code, when a person talks it usually starts with a [4C] and then next is [PointerCode1][PointerCode2] as [4C] is the display text code, before that is usually a [47] which loads the font and the text box. Also remember [47] is the end of movement codes, so be aware of what you edit and make plenty of backups.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well you have to find the right hex code, when a person talks it usually starts with a [4C] and then next is [PointerCode1][PointerCode2] as [4C] is the display text code, before that is usually a [47] which loads the font and the text box. Also remember [47] is the end of movement codes, so be aware of what you edit and make plenty of backups.
Thanks Blazichu, would you also know how to repoint Maps?

@OmegaGroudon: What question would that be exactly?

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
Im hacking pokemon ruby and i wondered if there was a program that let me change names of the pokemon.

because i inserted my own sprite in the game but it kept the name of the pokemon it replaced.

thanks

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
thanks.. one small problem i have found with it..
the attack modifier list is in german.
any suggestions?

edit: i have come to beleive that i need and english tablefile perhaps.
but im no sure. can anyone help me on this one?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
Changing the Starters name. For example Prof Oak says, "So you choose Bulbasaur"

Make it say "So you choose Chorita."

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
i meant help as in.. how do i make the list english. has anyone got an english tablefile?

the-ben

A bit of a nerd
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 16, 2010
it still doesnt work
is it german for you?

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I use Goldmap, Goldmart, Powerhex/Translhextion, GoldSprite,
Paint, and Agixp. That's mostly it and I'm going to see if it is in German for me if it is, then I'll post a link to the direct File(no setup or anything).

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
how do I make it so that in my hack, (FR) poeple receive the national dex instead of the regular in the beggining?

setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x829

that should be it

Can anyone tell me the flag of the National Dex in Ruby so I could make a script for my hack...?

i don't think it has been discovered yet but i may be wrong.

my questions

1. can sombody help me with inserting music. i need to know how to get ti to play all the tracks i insert, how to make it loop and so on.

2. i'm having problems with mapping. when i make my own inside of a cave and put the door. and a warp. usaly when you walk there there is a little arow pointing out. but when i make my own the arow doesnot apper and i cant go out.

3. can sombody help me with how to edit the number of items a mart has

this is all on FR

can anyone help?

thanks in advance
link

p.s. please check out my hack pokemon liquid crystal and post a comment on what people think.

Years
setflag 0x10A

3. can sombody help me with how to edit the number of items a mart has

this is all on FR

can anyone help?

thanks in advance
link

p.s. please check out my hack pokemon liquid crystal and post a comment on what people think.

Okay a litle problem, the national dex in fire red is 0x16F.
And to solve the pokemart problem, either use a-mart or insert a new pokemart script. PM me if you don't know how to write one. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back