• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
  • Scizz said:
    I told you a lot of times already, so this is the last time I'm going to do that.
    There is no checkitem command implemented in RubiKode yet.
    Which is why we placed the raw values.
    Those raw values are the checkitem command.
    The script I gave you is fully correct.

What do you mean with "battle field"?

To disable the "Image too big" message, just uncheck the "Abort if new image is bigger" box when saving.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    Sorry for being so persistant with that, but I got it now...=)

The battle fields are the "floors" that are under the pokemon/trainers in battle!

I know that but if I do that the image will be glitchy, what I ment was repointing it so that msg doesn't appear again...

Oh and is this script right?

Code:
    #org 0x85DB14
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x85DB30
    boxset 0x4
    checkflag 0x11F
    #raw 47
    #raw 69
    #raw 0
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x85DB4C
    setflag 0x11F
    release
    end

#org 0x85DB4C
    lock
    message 0x85DB68
    boxset 0x4
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT YES
    if TRUE 0x85DB84
    release
    end

#org 0x85DB84
    lock
    message 0x85DBA0
    cry PKMN_JIRACHI
    boxset 0x6
    wildbattle 0x199 0x1E 0x2
    message 0x85DBBC
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x85DB30
    = Hum...\nSo this is PUDDLE TOWN's\pWISH PUDDLE...\nI wonder if the wishes\nreally come true...

#org 0x85DB68
    = I have this old coin!\nShould I throw it?

#org 0x85DB84
    = [PLAYER] threw the LUCK CHARM\n...\p......\n............\p.............................\n...Huh!\pThe water is shining!

#org 0x85DBA0
    = iraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachiiiiiiii

#org 0x85DBBC
    = The wish came true...
    I can't understand the why of the last 3 raws of a check item script so I supose it's better to ask before I mess up...=P Oh and the item slot is 69..

Thnx for all the help!
    [[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Hail
    Can someone answer this please =\
    [[]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Last edited:

PikaPook

Just A Happy Rom Hacker:)
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Title Screen Problem!

I dont know what happened,i just add more things to the title screen
    and look at this:
    pokemoniceage025db.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    hi all

hey are there any tools that create what moves actually look like in the game???

like change where the rocks fall in rockslide or where the ... you know??? plz help

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • well scizz, i used scripted when i saw that diamond cutter was not there though rubikon said to use it. But wats wrong with my script that it give type 13 mismatch?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    How Do I change the tilesets in Emerald? I want them to look like Fire Red....

oh and Im talking about the emerald rom pokeroms.ini offsets for the trainers back pics.....do you know what they are?

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    Can someone answer this please =\
    [[]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    Code:
    #include stdpoke.rbh
    #org 0x85DB14
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x85DB30
    boxset 0x4
    checkflag 0x11F
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x85DB4C
    #raw 47
    #raw 69
    #raw 0
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x85DB4C
    setflag 0x11F
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB4A
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB4C
    lock
    message 0x85DB68
    boxset 0x4
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 1 0x85DB84
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB84
    lock
    message 0x85DBA0
    cry 0x1 PKMN_JIRACHI
    boxset 0x6
    message 0x85DBBC
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB30
    = Hum...\nSo this is PUDDLE TOWN's\pWISH PUDDLE...\nI wonder if the wishes\nreally come true...
    #org 0x85DB68
    #org 0x85DB84
    = [PLAYER] threw the LUCK CHARM\n...\p......\n............\p.............................\n...Huh!\pThe water is shining!
    #org 0x85DBA0
    #org 0x85DBBC
    = The wish came true...
    Untested. However, errors were fixed and it should work now. (The only thing that could happen is that you chose wrong offsets for your script parts, as they could overwrite each other.)

The battle tiles can be edited with unLZ-GBA.

PikaPook said:
    I dont know what happened,i just add more things to the title screen
    and look at this:
    pokemoniceage025db.png
    Your image was too big when you inserted it, so other data got overwritten, causing this.

Repoint the image if it is too big by changing the image offset when you save it to the ROM.

gondra10 said:
    hey are there any tools that create what moves actually look like in the game???

like change where the rocks fall in rockslide or where the ... you know??? plz help
    No, there aren't any tools which are able to do that yet.

Rocking Groudon said:
    well scizz, i used scripted when i saw that diamond cutter was not there though rubikon said to use it. But wats wrong with my script that it give type 13 mismatch?
    If you would actually read my reply to your question, you would notice that I posted the fixed script for you...
    You can easily see what was wrong by comparing your old one and the new fixed one I posted.

Nitsuj99 said:
    How Do I change the tilesets in Emerald? I want them to look like Fire Red....

oh and Im talking about the emerald rom pokeroms.ini offsets for the trainers back pics.....do you know what they are?
    The Tileset question has been asked many times already, and you can easily find the answer by browsing through this thread or by using the search function.

The trainer backpics in Emerald are uncompressed.
    That means that you can't edit them with unLZ-GBA or RS-Ball.
    You can find them with TLP or Tile Molester at offset 00D65B40 (Hex).

PikaPook

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Your image was too big when you inserted it, so other data got overwritten, causing this.

Repoint the image if it is too big by changing the image offset when you save it to the ROM.
    How can i know to what image offest to change?

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • thx scizz now anotherthing
    does ne1 have the pallets for tlp (ruby) for as many pictures possible, (working with greens is difficult for me)

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Scizz said:
    Code:
    #include stdpoke.rbh
    #org 0x85DB14
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x85DB30
    boxset 0x4
    checkflag 0x11F
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x85DB4C
    #raw 47
    #raw 69
    #raw 0
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 0x85DB4C
    setflag 0x11F
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB4A
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB4C
    lock
    message 0x85DB68
    boxset 0x4
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 1 0x85DB84
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB84
    lock
    message 0x85DBA0
    cry 0x1 PKMN_JIRACHI
    boxset 0x6
    message 0x85DBBC
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end
    #org 0x85DB30
    #org 0x85DB68
    #org 0x85DB84
    #org 0x85DBA0
    #org 0x85DBBC
    = The wish came true...
    Untested. However, errors were fixed and it should work now. (The only thing that could happen is that you chose wrong offsets for your script parts, as they could overwrite each other.)

The battle tiles can be edited with unLZ-GBA.

Hail
    Thnx again for the help=)
    But the script gives me a type mismatch and about the battle tiles I asked what where the offsets of them in FireRed...=\
    Thnx for all the help given
    [[[ ]]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • PikaPook said:
    How can i know to what image offest to change?
    o.o;
    When ever the "Image is too big" message appears (if the "Abort if new data is bigger" box is checked), you know that your image is too big.
    In that case, insert an offset to free space in the Image offset box, uncheck the "Abort if new data is bigger" box, check the "Automatically fix pointers" box, and click on OK.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    Thnx again for the help=)
    But the script gives me a type mismatch and about the battle tiles I asked what where the offsets of them in FireRed...=\
    Thnx for all the help given
    [[[ ]]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    I can't reproduce the error, the script inserted just fine.
    The battle tiles of Fire Red start at No. 3 in unLZ.
    However, they are some numbers apart. (3,8,13,18,23,28,33,38, etc.)

Last edited:

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • How can I add new pokemon, to Gold Version. Pokedrome downloads wont work they are corupt so How can I do it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Scizz said:
    The Tileset question has been asked many times already, and you can easily find the answer by browsing through this thread or by using the search function.

I did! ..... I have Tried everything..... Ive tried importing them in to advance map, ive tried exporting fire red tiles from unLZ and importing them to emerald, but when I do this The tiles get all screwed up when I play the game....I like importing them to advace map, cause its esier, but The tiles still get screwed up......I just need to know a way that I could change the tilesets without them messing up...??

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Nitsuj99 said:
    I did! ..... I have Tried everything..... Ive tried importing them in to advance map, ive tried exporting fire red tiles from unLZ and importing them to emerald, but when I do this The tiles get all screwed up when I play the game....I like importing them to advace map, cause its esier, but The tiles still get screwed up......I just need to know a way that I could change the tilesets without them messing up...??

You don't.

You have to change the tiles from the Emerald type to the FireRed type manually using the AdvanceMap Block Editor... And you have to edit the animations in a different tile editor. (Tile Layer Pro, or Tile Molester)

~Kucheat

drem

a french user...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2008
    thanks scizz for the flag ...
    For minimap i can't edit it, becose is compressed !
    i used cyclone, but is not combatible with firered ! O_o

And, how to edit the backpic in firered US !
    i used TLP, but is no simple to edit it,

Last edited:

PikaPook

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    scizz
    how do i know in what offest there is a free space

As_Stars_Go_Out

StraightXEdge
    Years
    • Age 35
    • U.K.
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    hello,
    can anyone help me in my fire red hack i want to edit the pokemon that trainers have using hex i know how to find them i just dont know what to use for pokemons levels if someone could post all the levels that would be helpful i have tried everything and i can't do it :( please help.

x dan

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    PikaPook said:
    scizz
    how do i know in what offest there is a free space

Scroll down and you'll find 0000s and FFFFs click on one and check the offset.Its bytes will be 0 so it's an empty offset

Nitsuj99 said:

Save the tileset with any palette than 0.Some tiles might get screwed up cause it's a different tileset and some tiles' positions from FR/LG are different than R/S/E

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2007
    i want help

is there a tool that can set what pokemon moves actually look like? ex. set where the fist hits in Mach punch or the duration of the shaking in Earthquake, or where the fire burns when a pokemon is burnt???

plz help

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2006
    Advance BAttle

Were can i get advance battle ive looked every where and the luinks are broken.

Burn-unit

Elitemaps meant to be mint, but it never works for me. I'm sure i've got everything needed but it comes with runtime errors and says 'pokemon aren't found in database.' (something crap like that.) I've put the ROM into the elitemap folder like you do, and it still acts funny. Please help, i'm tearing my hair out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back