• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAir

The Avenger
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
ok i tried to make a script but its not working can someone help me with this:

#org 0xFA0000
message 0xFA0050
boxset 0x4
end
#org 0xFA0050
= Here's you're pikachu. You can't go without it.
checkflag 0x
if 0 0xFA0200
setflag 0x
setflag 0x800
givepokemon 0x19 0x05 0xCA

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Ghost... said:
is there a program to modify the pokemon and thier movesets?
This question has already been asked and answered a lot of times. Please use the search function of this thread/forum, or have a look through this thread in the future, thanks.

You can modify the Pokémon and their Movesets either with Pokémon Amplifier, BaseED + Patted, or a Hex-Editor.
Pokémon Amplifier can be downloaded from the Tools Showcase.
The other three programs are available on the Sites mentioned in the stickied Hacking Tools Reference thread in the Tools Showcase, as well as compatible games, and short descriptions of them.

SeanAir said:
ok i tried to make a script but its not working can someone help me with this:
Code:
#org 0xFA0000
checkflag 0x26A
if 0 0xFA0050
end

#org 0xFA0050
setflag 0x26A
setflag 0x800
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
msgbox 0xFA0100
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0xFA0100
The Script is untested, but should work.

SeanAir

The Avenger
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
Scizz said:
Code:
#org 0xFA0000
checkflag 0x26A
if 0 0xFA0050
end

#org 0xFA0050
setflag 0x26A
setflag 0x800
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
msgbox 0xFA0100
boxset 0x6
end

#org 0xFA0100
The Script is untested, but should work.
Thanks but when i put it in and play the game it gives me the pokemon but the text goes over out the box and after i get the pikachu and press start the menu say's that i'm in the safari zone.

Last edited:

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
Okay, my b, shoulda clarified my actual question there.

How does one replace a pointer? I know what a pointer is, I just do not know how one goes about -replacing- it. To quote the tutorial:

"5. Replace the first "B8D6DD06"(for Sapphire AXVE) with 00106B08 for the first new Pok�mon."

So I know where both of the offsets are (DDD6B8, 6B1000), but I just don't know how to "replace a pointer." Does it mean replace the offset that the pointer points to? Sorry for troubling you, but I just don't understand.

Ghost...

Unknown Ghost of Pokemon Tower
Years
i got pokemon amplifier, but it doesn't edit movesets, and i'm NEVER gonna get that jumble of numbers called hexidecimal or whatever...

i mean you can't change the moves a pokemon has, to unrealistic ones, like pikachu with razr leaf for example

oh, i had pa 2003, which didn't let me change movesets

where do you get UnlzGBA?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Buuz

Years
Hey Ghost, whaddaya mean PA doesn't edit movesets? Do you have the german one, or the english one? Well, that doesn't matter, 'cause both of them edit

Stats
Moves
TM/HM
Evolution
& other stuff.

It's Glu's tool. http://www.gluc.de/pa.zip

And if I'm not supposed to link to other sites, I'll remove that as soon as you say so.

(btw, that's 3.2, the english version. There's a german one that's absolutely phenomenal, but I don't know where to find that again...)

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
The hack i'm working on is Pokemon Leafgreen.I need a building inserting tool and a tool to edit them. Were can i find these tools.

were are the starter changing tools,i know there here somewhere.

Roy

MEW-CELEBI-JIRACHI-LUCARIO
Years
I got some quastions too.

1. How can you change the story
2. HOw can you change the worldmap(I don`t if it is the same thing)
3. Can you change the items in the market
4. how can you upload fakemons And faketrainers?

PS: I use advance map 1.80

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
1.Make different events with scripting
2.Cyclone
3.Advance Mart
4.unLZ (if you mean insert)

Jonny Buuz

Years
unLZ-GBA is included in elitemap.

You should be able to find it on Kawa's site or something.

Google it. Elite Map 3.7.

Roy

MEW-CELEBI-JIRACHI-LUCARIO
Years
I don`t understand that anwers

What`s cyclone and event scripting

Jonny Buuz

Years
Cyclone is map modification. Like, town map modification; not the actual overworld. When you wanna edit the overworld (that you walk around in), use Advance Map or Elite Map. Cyclone is made by mewthree9000, and if he still has it, it's on http://www.mew3inc.mihopa.be in the Advance Programs section.

Okay, now the (slightly) difficult part. Scripting is the changing of events in the game. Personally, I use the Simple Script Creator, ScriptEd & Diamond Cutter in collaboration. You need to learn RubiKode to script. SSC can be found in the Tools Showcase, and ScriptEd and Diamond Cutter are in Elite Map.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Jonny Buuz said:
Okay, my b, shoulda clarified my actual question there.

How does one replace a pointer? I know what a pointer is, I just do not know how one goes about -replacing- it. To quote the tutorial:

"5. Replace the first "B8D6DD06"(for Sapphire AXVE) with 00106B08 for the first new Pokémon."

So I know where both of the offsets are (DDD6B8, 6B1000), but I just don't know how to "replace a pointer." Does it mean replace the offset that the pointer points to? Sorry for troubling you, but I just don't understand.
Replacing apointer simpyl means that you search for a specific pointer of something, and replace that pointer, with the pointer to new data. (Overwriting.)

Ghost... said:
i got pokemon amplifier, but it doesn't edit movesets, and i'm NEVER gonna get that jumble of numbers called hexidecimal or whatever...

i mean you can't change the moves a pokemon has, to unrealistic ones, like pikachu with razr leaf for example

oh, i had pa 2003, which didn't let me change movesets

where do you get UnlzGBA?
The newest version of PA, version 3.2, is available in it's release thread in the Tools Showcase, or via the link that Johnny Buzz gave you.

unLZ-GBA is included in EliteMap, which can be downloaded from the stickied Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
This is also mentioned in the FAQ, which you were supposed to read.

DarkXmaster said:
The hack i'm working on is Pokemon Leafgreen.I need a building inserting tool and a tool to edit them. Were can i find these tools.

were are the starter changing tools,i know there here somewhere.
All you need for Map editing is Advance-Map or EliteMap.
You can find the respective links in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Starter changers are also available on the sites, which are linked in the Hacking Tools Reference.
Alternatively, there is a tutorial in the Documents forum, which explains how to do it by Hex-Editor.

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
I Need Editing Help Please

i posted this in the other forum too

Hey guys i just got back into rom editing and its been a long time since ive done it so alot of the elite map stuf and advanced map was new to me, however i catch on easily, i was wondering thhough i found a text editor and a mart editor that were in german, its cool cause it work but it messsed up my game, for the text editor , text now lays over it self and run of the screen and for marts i can now by any item ever made in the mart for no price, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME so i can get an ENGLISH VERSION of the text and mart editor, i do not want a link to a seach engine if you can help me by sending me a link to a download i would very much appriciate it, or if you could email it to me

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
Years
Noob Q's

How could I edit the trainers and gym leaders in FR/LG? (their pokemon, levels & attacks)

I've tried elite map and it doesn't show pictures or any names for pokemon.

Also, how do I edit starters in FR/LG? I found the tutorial and I couldn't find the offset in my ROM...

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
How do I change the image of Birch at the beginning of R/S/E.

I've searched everywhere in UNLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back