• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
Years
  • there is sumtimes a possibuility that u have a 00 byte after 4 colours killed me when i was doing the intro people

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • You get elite map, install it and look in the folder you installed EliteMap there is a program called Unlz.GBA its that "unlz program"

Roy

MEW-CELEBI-JIRACHI-LUCARIO
    Years
  • and how can you import fakemons
    as i click on import what to do next.

and how works pokepic
    if i open a rom it does nothing

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • CdubFosho said:
    thanks scizz sorry about buggin with the english versions but i am new too thes forums, my next question is this i used an editor to changed the starter pokemon, however my rival seems to still pick treeco if i pic the pokemon in mudkips space, how can i make it so my rival pics one of the starters i put in, my idea is that i have to edit each posssibility in the trainer editer but im not totaly sure.
    Yes, the Pokémon your rival picks are stored in the Trainerdata.
    You can edit them with a Trainer editor like PET.

Jonny Buuz said:
    Ok. I have had a big problem with unLZ ever since I started using it.

I wanted to replace Ho-oh. I saved Ho-oh's graphic & pasted my new graphic over it in MSPaint (to keep the palette). I then uploaded the new graphic into Ho-oh's place. Take note, I'm using the same palette. Anyway, it looked fine at first. Wrote it to the rom, saved... I came back afterward to make sure everything was fine, and of course, it wasn't; the black outline that I had around my new graphic had turned the same colour as the background (that sandy brown colour). The other colours came in fine; just the outline changed. That happens to me no matter where I upload the new pic. What have I done wrong?

If you need pictures of the problem to help me, just ask.
    The problem is, that you probably used "black" for the outline of the Pokémon.
    However, the pallet doesn't use the "true" black, but some lighter form of it.
    So, because that color you used is not located in the pallet, it won't be used.
    You will have to use the black from the pallet in order to get it to show up correctly.

Feraligator1.0 said:
    I searched the thread for this, and saw something very simular, but It isn't what I want. How do I edit the title screen for a GBC game, rather than a GBA game?
    The titlescreen is G/S/C is compressed.
    There is a patch which uncompressed it, once applied, it can be edited with TLP or Tile Molester.

Roy said:
    and how can you import fakemons
    as i click on import what to do next.

and how works pokepic
    if i open a rom it does nothing
    Roy, please use the search function before asking questions.
    The question on how to import self made Pokémon has been asked and answered multiple times.
    A tutorial on how to do it has been posted in the Documents forum.

For your problem with Pokepic, you have probably tried to load an unsupported ROM. Only Ruby and Sapphire ROMs are supported.

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
  • i have a problem with elite map, when i control and click, rubicon opens, but no script appears, like it should? does anyone know? i've asked loads of people, including the rather ignorant kyoufu kawa (or w/e), please help

another simple thing, i put in a new trainer, i give him an offset, i write a script
    #org 0x(offset1)
    message 0x(offset2)
    box 0x4
    end

#org 0x(offset2)
    =(message)

does offset1 have to equal the persons offset, and does script offset (on the side bar on advancemap) have to equal offset2?

iv put that as easy as i can

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    hey scizz i did see that actualy before i read your post but thanks for the reply, my next thing is, if i ad pokemon on to someones group, for example the first gym trainer has geodude and a nose pass, well i added charmeleon to her group and all he could do was struggle, then i saw that there was a move editor and when i edited moves none of the ones i gave him he used, i gave him ember, scratch,rage and leer so he wasnt too strong early in the game but when i fought him he used thunder punch, acid and something else, does the moves thing not fully work yet?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have a really stupid question I just need to know if I ever want to complete my hack.

How exactly do you find empty offsets? I know they are combinations of 6 bytes and that you'll have to find them by using a hex editor, but how do I know if they are used or not?

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    Ok Scizz or any good scripter my rubikode thing is not quite working, i am trying to get someone to give me a pokemon which i got to work with a bulbasaur and now i need it to be changed to a magikarp and like i said that rubikode thing seems to never work for me so RG told me what to do in hex but it still didnt work heres what i did.

FB0000 has Here is a Magikapr
    FB0050 has How is my Pokemon
    FB0100 has05062B0A0106000002FB080F005000FB08090602 in hex
    FB0200 has 290A012900082901082902082903080F00000FB0809067981000A44000000000002F in hex

then ofcourse changed the script number on eliet map , tested and it still gave me bulb , yes i saved and everything ctrl click said ths in rubikode

#org 0xFB0100
    goto 0x10A2B06
    if 0x0 jump 0xFB0200
    msgbox 0x8FB0050 '"\h48í\h77\h73î\h6D[U..."

if 0x2 jump 0xFFFFFFFF

can anyone help me out with where i went wrong?

Last edited:

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • btw its
    FB0100 not FB00100
    and
    FB0200 not FB00200
    and also u guys Curt has that empty database problem but the rom is in the same directory and the rom name has no spaces, can u help him, that is y we had to do that hex thing, and as none of them work he cant do text so even my givepokemon program wont work

Spinach

like popeye
    Years
  • Ok I'm sorry if these have already been asked or answered but I couldn't tale anyomre searching.

1) How can i edit the world map?

2) How can I place an item on the ground? Like the pokeball icon thata says PLAYER picked up ITEM or something.

3) How can i make those people that show you arond go somewhere different?

4) In advance map, when i try to go to the events tab for some maps i get an error message: "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (176)"

5) In advance map, Iwent to the block editor to edit the blocks. But only the grass is the right color. I tried changing the pallete but i didn't look quite right. ( I'm trying to change the grass in the below box to water)

6) Is there a script that can check to see if you've completed a certain event such as defeating the elite four or getting your pokedex. I want to be able to change weather, and open and close pokemarts and pokecenters with this. (like when you go to the door there will be a closed sign)

7) Is it possibe to have a small boat that will take u to places. Like the hydrofoil but smaller)

EDIT:
    I forgot another one.

8) With a give pokemon script i want to be able to delay that too lke Q 6

Thanks in Advacnce

Keenor

Making G/S Advance! Seriously.
    Years
  • 3 Questions! Please Answer! :D

Ok, 3 simple questions..

1. How do you delete events in AdvanceMap?
    2. I moved the truck events and stuff somewhere else, hoping to get rid of it, :P Yet when I start the game I still start in the truck and then I hop out and my mom is invisable. The question is, "how do I change my starting position to my bedroom rather than the truck?"
    3. How do I script? The only script I can edit is the Rich Boy one... Is there any way to see ALL of the R/S scripts, and edit?

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
    Years
  • I'm just gonna answer a bunch of questions now.

Spinach.
    1) Advance Map & Elite Map. Doesn't matter which, they're both great. Oh, if you mean like the town map thing, use Mewthree's cyclone, on his site or in the Tools Showcase.
    2) To be honest, I'm not sure. I can only do give item scripts; idk if it'd work the same way.
    3) Scriptin'. Change their original script.
    4) What'd you do before you got this error message? Might wanna wait for Scizz.
    5) Elaborate? What do you mean; show a screenshot.
    6) Yessiree Spinach. Flags. Use the setflag and checkflag commands.
    7) Yup, more scripting. Y'gotta learn to script, man; it helps hacking a ton.
    8) More flags. They're pretty easy to use, just look at examples in the Scripts Database.

Keenor.
    1) Just change the script count. It's on the right side of A-Map.
    2) Script a new event.
    3) Yeah, just use Diamond Cutter & ScriptEd & stuff.

&My question.

#org 0x7B2B00
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 0 0x7B0A54
    message 0x7B2C00
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x7B0A54
    setflag 0x10A
    setflag 0x800
    checkgender
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if 0 0x7B1D54
    if 1 0x7B0D54
    end

#org 0x7B1D54
    message 0x7B1A54
    boxset 0x02
    givepokemon 0xFA 0x05 0x01
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    end

#org 0x7B0D54
    message 0x7B1B54
    boxset 0x02
    givepokemon 0xF9 0x05 0x01
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    end

#org 0x7B1A54
    = Take this and run. Now.

#org 0x7B1B54
    = You don't have much time./nThis should help you.

#org 0x7B2C00
    = You know what to do.

What is wrong with my script? Default error message when compiled.

Keenor

Making G/S Advance! Seriously.
    Years
  • Thanks.

1. I also need to know how to link my script to an event... I know it's some kind of hex offset or something when I'm creating my event, but where do I find this in my script?

2. Also, does anyone have a script that will be a "start position" that I can put inside my room where I can start? Is it complicated? Thanks

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
    Years
  • I can answer the first one.

That script that I just posted, asking why it wasn't working, links to an event. That certain event is someone giving you a pkmn. Therefore. @the top, you see a "#org 0x######." That's the 'hex offset' that you speak of. I'm pretty sure that's what you're asking; if it's not, repost or PM me.

Oh, and I can -sorta- answer part of your second question. It's not a complicated script, and I think I know how to change the start map; if Mewthree's Intro Editor thing is still on his site (mew3inc.mihopa.be), then that might work; just change the bank and map. I dunno, I've never felt the need to change where you begin the game, 'cause then you gotta change your mom's script and all that fun stuff. If you do decide to rescript it.. well.. idk how complicated that'd be, so I can't answer that.

Hope this helped.. somehow..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back