• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noya

Female Hacker ^^
Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2006
    Scizz said:
    You will have to use a Hex-Editor + table file to translate the texts, as well as Tile Layer Pro to change the Latin characters to Hebrew ones.

Noya, Advance-Text only supports Latin character sets, and therefore can not be used for that purpose.
    Oh ok tnx i didnt know that

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    I HAve AnoTER QUestion
    how can I use Fonted for FIRE RED OR GREEN LEAF?
    When I tried to open It say:
    Supported ROM, BUT FONT graphics offset is unspcified

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Nahuel said:
    I HAve AnoTER QUestion
    how can I use Fonted for FIRE RED OR GREEN LEAF?
    When I tried to open It say:
    Supported ROM, BUT FONT graphics offset is unspcified
    Due to a bug in FontED, it only supports Pokémon Ruby (US).
    You can not use it for editing FR/LG.

Besides that, the Font in FR/LG seems to be compressed, and can not be edited directly.
    So, unless you know what compression is used for it and where it's stored, you can not edit it.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • ssj said:
    How do I make a script so that in Fire Red when you go up to a pokemon you can hear its cry ?
    A simple Script for a Pokémon cry could look like this:
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    cry 0xA1 0x[Pokémon value / 1 for Bulbasaur]
    #raw 01
    end
    Now when you talk to the Pokémon, you will hear the cry of Bulbasaur.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • ssj said:
    How do I get the offset ?
    You open the ROM in your Hex-Editor, and search a place with lots of FF-bytes.
    Once you found one, write down the offset and use it for the #org command in ScriptED.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Im using translhextion how do I search for the FF bytes and once ive found them how do I find the offset.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • ssj said:
    Im using translhextion how do I search for the FF bytes and once ive found them how do I find the offset.
    Once you loaded your ROM (File-Open), scroll through the ROM using the scrollbar on the right.
    Once you reach a place that looks similar to the pic below, click on one of the "ÿ" characters on the right.
    In the status bar, you will now see "Offset (decimal)=0x(hex)...". (Where (decimal) and (hex) represent the offset you just picked.)
    If you want to use that offset in ScriptED, take the "0x(hex)" part of it, and use it in the #org command.

210hnoo.gif

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2006
    ScriptEd not working.

I have tried to compile this script in ScriptEd:

Spoiler:

When I try to compile it into my rom it opens te notepad thingy to comfirm it's done everything but when I look at the offset in a hex editor its still blank. Anybody know why this could be?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • tech said:
    I have tried to compile this script in ScriptEd:

When I try to compile it into my rom it opens te notepad thingy to comfirm it's done everything but when I look at the offset in a hex editor its still blank. Anybody know why this could be?
    I just compiled your Script to a ROM, and everything worked fine, when I take a look at the specific offset with a Hex-Editor, I see the Script.

Did you reload your ROM after you have inserted the Script?
    The Hex-Editor probably still has cached the old version of the file, thus, not showing the new data at the offset.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2006
    Scizz said:
    I just compiled your Script to a ROM, and everything worked fine, when I take a look at the specific offset with a Hex-Editor, I see the Script.

Did you reload your ROM after you have inserted the Script?
    The Hex-Editor probably still has cached the old version of the file, thus, not showing the new data at the offset.

It still wont work, I think I have a prolem with my ScriptEd because when I ctrl+click an object in elitemap ScriptEd opens blank, with no script.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • tech said:
    It still wont work, I think I have a prolem with my ScriptEd because when I ctrl+click an object in elitemap ScriptEd opens blank, with no script.
    Make sure that the ROM you loaded is in your EliteMap folder, and that it's filename is free of spaces.
    Also make sure that you have all the files that I mentioned in the first part of this post in your EliteMap folder.
    If that still doesn't work, you should try re-downloading the EliteMap installer.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Can you tell me how I can add the Team Magma and Team Aqua overworld sprite into Pokemon Fire Red.
    Also ive made this script for a pikachu cry .
    #org 0x71d520
    cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]
    #raw 01
    end
    But when ever I click compile i get a runtime error.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2006
    I have made a script for giving a level 5 Zapdos just to experiment and I wanted it to play that little noise you get when it says 'Hero recieved a....' so I used this script:

#org 0x6DAEE0
    setflag 0x10A
    message 0x6DE000
    boxset 0x06
    jingle
    message 0x6DC0A0
    boxset 0x06
    givepokemon 0x91 0x05 0x9F
    release
    end

(the first message is what he says before giving you the Zapdos and the second message is the 'Hero recieved a Zapdos!')
    When I use the script on a person he says both of the messages but no noise is played.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • ssj said:
    Can you tell me how I can add the Team Magma and Team Aqua overworld sprite into Pokemon Fire Red.
    Also ive made this script for a pikachu cry .
    #org 0x71d520
    cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]
    #raw 01
    end
    But when ever I click compile i get a runtime error.
    To copy the Overworlds, load your an Emerald and your Fire Red ROM in Xeon's Overworld Sprite Editor, scroll to the Sprites in Emerald and the ones in Fire Red that you want to replace, and begin copying them by re-drawing them in Fire-Red from the Emarald original.

For the script, replace your "cry 0xA1 0x[1900 / 25]" with "cry 0xA1 25", and it should work.

tech said:
    I have made a script for giving a level 5 Zapdos just to experiment and I wanted it to play that little noise you get when it says 'Hero recieved a....' so I used this script:

(the first message is what he says before giving you the Zapdos and the second message is the 'Hero recieved a Zapdos!')
    When I use the script on a person he says both of the messages but no noise is played.
    Code:
    #org 0x6DAEE0
    setflag 0x10A
    message 0x6DE000
    boxset 0x06
    fanfare 0x1
    message 0x6DC0A0
    boxset 0x06
    waitfanfare
    givepokemon 0x91 0x05 0x9F
    release
    end
    To play the "Pokemon received noise, you have to use the "fanfare" command.
    Just play around with the value, until you find the one you want to use.

AnDrOmAn

just some dude
    Years
  • '-----------------------
    #org 0x167EFD
    nop
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x230
    if 0x1 jump 0x167F48
    msgbox 0x818329D '"Hi!\nI work at a POK..."
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0xC7
    return

'-----------------------
    #org 0x167F48
    msgbox 0x8183347 '"Please come see us i..."
    callstd 0x4
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x18329D
    = Hi!\nI work at a POKéMON MART.\pIt's part of a convenient chain\nselling all sorts of items.\pPlease, visit us in VIRIDIAN CITY.\pI know, I'll give you a sample.\nHere you go!
    #org 0x183347
    = Please come see us if you need\nPOKé BALLS for catching POKéMON.

where in this script does it give the potion because i want to change it to a pokemon egg.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • AnDrOmAn said:
    where in this script does it give the potion because i want to change it to a pokemon egg.
    ScriptED does not display the Script correctly, as some parts of it are missing. (Such as the Item receiving.)
    The best and easiest way to change it, would be to write your own Script in which you receive an egg, and change the Event's Script offset to the new one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2008
    Elitemap anyone?

The download link for Elitemap appears to be down, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of it they could upload or email or anything like that so people that don't have it yet (me!) could get it?

pretty please?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Baine said:
    The download link for Elitemap appears to be down, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of it they could upload or email or anything like that so people that don't have it yet (me!) could get it?

pretty please?
    Reading the stickied threads will solve most questions and problems.
    We have a nice thread, which is stickied in the Tools Showcase, the Hacking Tools Reference, which contains a direct and working download link to EliteMap.
    Please read the stickied threads and use the search function before asking questions, they're there for a reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back