• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Kaeru_ike said:
Hey everybody! I'm looking for a table file for The Legend Of Zelda - The Minish Cap! I'm trying to hack it and stuff:O I would really aprecciate it(I just know i didn't spell that rightCXD)
Zelda: The Minish Cap uses the default ASCII table.
You can edit the texts with any Hex-Editor, without the need of a table file.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2006
Hey all, I have another question...
Is it possible to remove the Gary/Green part of Oak's speech at the beginning of FR/LG?
I've tried deleting the text in Advance text, but I guess it's not that simple :S

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Wootor said:
Hey all, I have another question...
Is it possible to remove the Gary/Green part of Oak's speech at the beginning of FR/LG?
I've tried deleting the text in Advance text, but I guess it's not that simple :S
It is not possible to remove the Rival part from the Intro without ASM hacking.
So, unless you know ASM, it is not possible.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2008
Scizz said:
Reading the stickied threads will solve most questions and problems.
We have a nice thread, which is stickied in the Tools Showcase, the Hacking Tools Reference, which contains a direct and working download link to EliteMap.
Please read the stickied threads and use the search function before asking questions, they're there for a reason.

I'm sorry, I read through that thread, it's how I found out about elitemap, but I didn't see a link. I probably didn't scroll far enough or something.

EDIT: Lol, I scrolled down too far too fast.

thanks for the help.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Nahuel said:
some 1 can give my the offset for the FONT at gold/silver/crystal
To view and edit the Fonts in G/S/C, you'll have to set your TLP to 1bpp mode. (View->Format->1bpp)
They are located at the following offsets:
-Gold/Silver: 000F82F1
-Crystal: 000F81FF

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
I have 4 things...some of them may have already been asked, but I know some of them haven't.

1. How do you change what move a TM teaches?
2. In Patted and programs like that that can edit a Pokemons moves, there doesnt appear to be a way to make them learn more moves. For example, what if I wanted to make Cascoon learn three moves as opposed to only one, harden, like it does now. How would I do that?
3. How do you change the image of the badges?
4. How do you change what TM gym leaders give you?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Burninating_Torchic said:
I have 4 things...some of them may have already been asked, but I know some of them haven't.

1. How do you change what move a TM teaches?
2. In Patted and programs like that that can edit a Pokemons moves, there doesnt appear to be a way to make them learn more moves. For example, what if I wanted to make Cascoon learn three moves as opposed to only one, harden, like it does now. How would I do that?
3. How do you change the image of the badges?
4. How do you change what TM gym leaders give you?
1. By editing the move value of the TM in the TM table with a Hex-Editor, and changing it to the value of a you want it to teach instead.

2. If you want a Pokémon to learn more moves than it previously had, you have to repoint it's attack table, so you can add your new moves at the end.

3. This has already been asked and answered previously. The search function helps finding the answer.

4. That can be set in the Gym-Leader's script. Simply change the value of the "giveitem" command to the item you want him to give you, instead of the TM.

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
Years
Scizz said:
1. By editing the move value of the TM in the TM table with a Hex-Editor, and changing it to the value of a you want it to teach instead.

2. If you want a Pokémon to learn more moves than it previously had, you have to repoint it's attack table, so you can add your new moves at the end.

3. This has already been asked and answered previously. The search function helps finding the answer.

4. That can be set in the Gym-Leader's script. Simply change the value of the "giveitem" command to the item you want him to give you, instead of the TM.

1. Ok...I'm not gonna mess with that, Hex Editors completely and totally confuse me. The current TMs are sufficient I suppose.

2. How would I do that? I went into Patted, and the 'Repoint' box was grayed out, so I couldnt change the value there.

3. Ok, I shall search for that.

4. I don't see a "giveitem" command...maybe I'm doing it wrong. I went through elitemap, ctrl+clicked Roxanne in her gym and it opened up a script in Scripted. There was nothing there about a "giveitem"...is there some other script to look for?

Sorry, I'm a complete n00b to Romhacking...>_<

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Burninating_Torchic said:
1. Ok...I'm not gonna mess with that, Hex Editors completely and totally confuse me. The current TMs are sufficient I suppose.

2. How would I do that? I went into Patted, and the 'Repoint' box was grayed out, so I couldnt change the value there.

3. Ok, I shall search for that.

4. I don't see a "giveitem" command...maybe I'm doing it wrong. I went through elitemap, ctrl+clicked Roxanne in her gym and it opened up a script in Scripted. There was nothing there about a "giveitem"...is there some other script to look for?

Sorry, I'm a complete n00b to Romhacking...>_<
You will have to repoint the data using a Hex-Editor.
Copy the data from the old offset to free space, change the pointer, and add your new data at the bottom.

Well, ScriptED doesn't display it as "giveitem" command.
It displays it as a "copyvarifnotzero" command.
"copyvarifnotzero 0x8000" indicates that you will receive an item which is specified after it.
For example, "copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x147" will give you the TM Roxanne usually gives to you.

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
Years
Hey

Well... When i edit text in Minish cap, the rom gets corrupted:/ Why is that?:S
And by the way Scizz! I learned how i could make other games hackable on your tool:D But instead of showing text, it shows HEX-TEXT!
Could someone post the hex alphabeth? Like A=41 etc or you could explain how to make it show text instead of HEX:P

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Kaeru_ike said:
Well... When i edit text in Minish cap, the rom gets corrupted:/ Why is that?:S
And by the way Scizz! I learned how i could make other games hackable on your tool:D But instead of showing text, it shows HEX-TEXT!
Could someone post the hex alphabeth? Like A=41 etc or you could explain how to make it show text instead of HEX:P
Most likely you have overwritten important commands within the text, that the game needs.
When editing text, watch out for line-breaking and text-ending commands. (They're usually displayed as dots or other unusual characters in the text.)

Advance-Text only works correctly on Pokémon Advance ROMs.
Other games are not supported.

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
Hey !
I m back
so i have a question

Can any one make a script to team up whit other peoples in Pokemon Fire red??
pleasss i really need it

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Knaspergold said:
Hey !
I m back
so i have a question

Can any one make a script to team up whit other peoples in Pokemon Fire red??
pleasss i really need it
Something like that is not implemented in FR/LG.
Implementing it would require several ASM hacking operations, and therefore makes it almost impossible.

Last edited:

Irish Witch

Office Jenny
Years
Automatic Activation

Ok. I'm good at making scripts to a point but I've been finding myself having some problems trying to make a script activate as soon as you enter a map. If I can't do this then I can't redesign the opening scenes of the game! And I really want to redesign (well, actually the entire story line) so can somebody tell me how to activate scripts on map entry??

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Irish Witch said:
Ok. I'm good at making scripts to a point but I've been finding myself having some problems trying to make a script activate as soon as you enter a map. If I can't do this then I can't redesign the opening scenes of the game! And I really want to redesign (well, actually the entire story line) so can somebody tell me how to activate scripts on map entry??
That is possible by placing simple Trigger (Script/Trap) Events at the entrance of a Map. (Or any other position.)
Create or move an existing Trigger Event to the place where you want to use it.
When using Advance-Map, assign a unique "Flag/Var Number" value to it, set the first "Unknown" value to 03 00 and set it's "Flag/Var Value" to 00 00. (This will activate the trigger.)
Then just add the offset of the Script you want to be executed to the "Script offset" box.
If you want to disable the trigger from a Script, simply add the following command:
Code:
setvar 0x[unique Flag/Var Number] 0x3
To activate it again, add:
Code:
setvar 0x[unique Flag/Var Number] 0x0

Last edited:

johnny_profitt

Support The Anarchive!
Years
Can You Do Me A Favour?

Hi Everyone!

Heres the rundown. My elitemap will not show any scripts, in any release of the program. Its so not fair! I've done everything possible to fix this problem, followed Scizz's advice to the T, and still no luck..

Well you can guess how frustrating this is, because how can I hack without scripting?

You can probobly guess what my favour is going to be. lol.

I need a kind soul to make me a patch for leaf green that gives me the national dex as soon as Oak gives me the regular dex.

Heres a link to the script I need inserted.
http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72239&highlight=national

So yeah, If someone could give me a patch for this I would be in your debt.
I would do this myself but theres something wrong with my pc..

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
johnny_profitt said:
Hi Everyone!

Heres the rundown. My elitemap will not show any scripts, in any release of the program. Its so not fair! I've done everything possible to fix this problem, followed Scizz's advice to the T, and still no luck..

Well you can guess how frustrating this is, because how can I hack without scripting?

You can probobly guess what my favour is going to be. lol.

I need a kind soul to make me a patch for leaf green that gives me the national dex as soon as Oak gives me the regular dex.

Heres a link to the script I need inserted.
http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=72239&highlight=national

So yeah, If someone could give me a patch for this I would be in your debt.
I would do this myself but theres something wrong with my pc..
I modified Prof. Oak's script for you. Now when he gives the Pokédex to you, he will upgrade it to a National Dex after a short speech.
Nothing else has been changed.
Patch it to a clean Leaf-Green (U) 1.0 ROM.

And because it could be useful for others aswell, I'll make it available for public download.
You can get it here: View attachment 36153

Last edited:

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Please HElp Me With This Scripts

Ok, this is what I h ave so far.

Code:
#org 0xGB3D70 message 0xGB3D780
boxset 0x4end #org 0xGB3D78
= Its a sleepling Pokemon, err, not anymore!
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D

I want to add flags so that the event only happens once and afther the event the spirt is removed.

If your wondering, I want to creat a snoral event, the snoralx is blocking a path, you battle it and then the path is open...

Plus, How do i get the script offset to plop into Advance Map?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back