• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Chimp said:
Darn, I was really hoping to have Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi as the starters.. Well, since that's answered, (Thanks), Does anyone know of a Pokemon Amplifier-Like thing that works for emerald? All the one's I've seen only work for R/S.
As already answered in this post, you can download the latest version of Pokémon Amplifier here.
It's supporting all Pokémon Advance ROMs. Please use the search function before asking in the future.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I have just changed the Gyarados Event in Pokemon Gold is there any way in a hex to make it not shiny and if so could some one tell me the hex number for shiny Pokemon?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Blazichu said:
I have just changed the Gyarados Event in Pokemon Gold is there any way in a hex to make it not shiny and if so could some one tell me the hex number for shiny Pokemon?
If you take a look at the script with your Hex-Editor, you should see something like this a few bytes after it started:
Code:
[1E0307]
The 07 at the end is the Hex code that determines the battle type.
Changing it to:
- 09 will make it a battle (not being able to run from it)
- 07 will make it a Shiny battle
- 05 will make it a battle (being able to run from it)
- 00/01 will make it a battle (being able to run from it)

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
Id like to appolgize for doubble posting and IT seems that the site has stabblelized. Now, dose anybody know the scrip offsets for the pcs in the pokemon centers?

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
Well, how would I get Mew to work? Would I make another pokemon appear as Mew, edit it's stats so it's like Mew's, then set that edited pokemon as the starter? (If that is the solution, how would I do that?)

And in Advance Map, how do I edit the place where the Main character hops out of the truck?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
With the Shiny Gyarados Event all I find is 52 in the hex and A1 in the text what is going on?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
Id like to appolgize for doubble posting and IT seems that the site has stabblelized. Now, dose anybody know the scrip offsets for the pcs in the pokemon centers?
The offset is not known. But what you can do to find it out, is to backtrace the textpointer of when the boot up message appears.
When you find it, you are in the script.

Chimp said:
Well, how would I get Mew to work? Would I make another pokemon appear as Mew, edit it's stats so it's like Mew's, then set that edited pokemon as the starter? (If that is the solution, how would I do that?)

And in Advance Map, how do I edit the place where the Main character hops out of the truck?
Dude, how about you read the first post, together with the thread title and the PM I sent you?
The questions you asked have already been asked and answered, hence the disappearing of your posts! (As it is stated in the first post.)

As I already told you just a few posts above, you can't "get Mew to work". The bit that determines if it will obey you or not can not be set directly yet.
A way would be to create your own Mew, on base of another, "normal", Pokémon.
Again, how to do that has already been asked and answered here, aswell as in the Documents forum.

For you 2nd question, which, again, has been asked and answered already, you can not edit where the character hops out of the Truck with Advance-Map.
You can do that with EliteMap, by Holding the Shift-key + right clicking on the Map, and selecting "Set [Gender] position here".
If the ROM you are using it not (fully) supported in EliteMap yet, for example that method not working with Emerald, then you either have to manually find and add/edit the data with your Hex-Editor, or wait for someone to add it.

Blazichu said:
With the Shiny Gyarados Event all I find is 52 in the hex and A1 in the text what is going on?
When you do a search for "5C821E1E0307", you will get straight to the offset of the shiny Gyarados event.
The bolded part is what I told you above. The "5C" is the Pokémon loading command, and the "82" is a Gyarados on level 30 ("1E").
Once you found it, you can easily edit the Pokémon and level, aswell as the battle type, with the information I gave you above.

Last edited:

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
I used the search and couldnt find the tool to combine the scripts I made to the rom. I also hear of a program called dimond cutter, but couldnt find it etheir.

EDIT: Could I aslo add a sound to the snoralax script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Deoxys crie and experience

Please move this thread to the Simple Questions and please PM me the answer. This thread belongs in Simple QUestions but I can't access it for at least a week now (didn't pay attention to how long, but decided I have waited long enough now).

With PokécryGUI, where can I find the Deoxys crie so I can change some pokemon's cry to Deoxys? If it's on samples, I get the error the file isn't found and I can't find it in Sappy

Also, what do they mean with TableOffset, PokeID (Poke number, right?) and SampleOffset?

Must I use Encode, and must I use Use Table and Auto Play?

And last: How do I change the neccesary experience for pokemon? Now, my self-created Deoxys have a much lower grow rate then normal, I have changes the base experience in Pokémon Amplifier but that doesn't work.

Thanks

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
I used the search and couldnt find the tool to combine the scripts I made to the rom. I also hear of a program called dimond cutter, but couldnt find it etheir.

EDIT: Could I aslo add a sound to the snoralax script?
The tool that compiles your Script to the ROM is called ScriptED, as I told you a few posts ago.
It's an enhanced version of DiamondCutter, so you can use it instead of it. It's included in the EliteMap package.

To add a Pokémon cry to your script, just add:
Code:
cry 0xA1 143
#raw 01
where you want the cry to be played.

slipknot said:
Please move this thread to the Simple Questions and please PM me the answer. This thread belongs in Simple QUestions but I can't access it for at least a week now (didn't pay attention to how long, but decided I have waited long enough now).

With PokécryGUI, where can I find the Deoxys crie so I can change some pokemon's cry to Deoxys? If it's on samples, I get the error the file isn't found and I can't find it in Sappy

Also, what do they mean with TableOffset, PokeID (Poke number, right?) and SampleOffset?

Must I use Encode, and must I use Use Table and Auto Play?

And last: How do I change the neccesary experience for pokemon? Now, my self-created Deoxys have a much lower grow rate then normal, I have changes the base experience in Pokémon Amplifier but that doesn't work.

Thanks
I already told you what value you have to insert there in this post.

TableOffset is the table where all the Pokémon cry offsets are listed it.
PokeID is, as you already said, the ID of the Pokémon.
SampleOffset is the offset of the actual cry data, the sound.

You have to check the "Use Table" option. Then, when you want to export the cry, select a Path in the "Wave" box, and click "Dump".
To import a cry, select the file in the "Wave" box, and click on "Encode".

It's just normal that you can't copy a Deoxys exactly like it is in the other games. There are most likely still some unknown, hidden, values, that PA can't edit yet. (That might include some additional values to determine the growth-rate and experience.)

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Poketext banks?

Has anyone got the most recent banks for Poketext? (the gs version)

I had some fairly decent ones, then installed a less recent update :(

Thanks in advance.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Lordpenguin said:
Has anyone got the most recent banks for Poketext? (the gs version)

I had some fairly decent ones, then installed a less recent update :(

Thanks in advance.
You can download the latest PokeTEXT beta version here.
It includes the Text banks for G/S/C and R/B/Y, that have been added until the 7th July 2005.
Though the last update was like a year ago, it seems to include all important Text banks.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Thank you. That was even more updated than the first one I had.

It seems to that hacking the advance games probably takes over in the last year.

Me, I actually prefer GS. RS seems... too bright and colourful. And to many new pokes.

My hack for GS is coming along now I have those. Thankyou again!

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
How do I edit which Pokemon is chasing Professor Birch? Not the overworld sprite, but the pokemon that you actually battle. (Please, I honestly have searched, but I havn't found an answer.)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Chimp said:
How do I edit which Pokemon is chasing Professor Birch? Not the overworld sprite, but the pokemon that you actually battle. (Please, I honestly have searched, but I havn't found an answer.)
You can not edit it. The battle with the Poochyena/Zigzagoon in the beginning of the game is hardcoded, therefore, you can not change it without ASM-Hacking knowledge.

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
I put the snorlax script in my rom and tested it, theres a problem. When i click on the snoralx you here the snound that the message box makes, but no textbox is diplayed.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
I put the snorlax script in my rom and tested it, theres a problem. When i click on the snoralx you here the snound that the message box makes, but no textbox is diplayed.
Please provide the exact Script, like you compiled it to the ROM, so we can check it for errors or mistakes.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Help wanted!

I think that this is the correct place to put this so I'll go ahead and ask my questions :)

I have started making a pokemon hack called pokemon chaos grey (stil lworking on name so not definate) but I am changing the storyline to pokemon emerald using an emerald rom and I have laoded the rom into Advance Map and changed about 5-10% of the maps but I am woundering how I can modify events for example, in petalberg woods when the aqua grunt comes and battles how can I change it so that he is running away from a new team and the new team member trys to battle you? Also how can I add events such as fighting a level 30 kyroge in the middle of slateport city (Yes i know it sounds strange) I have had a look at the tut board but when I click tools on advnace map I don't have the correct option.

Thanks a lot!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
willypiggy said:
I think that this is the correct place to put this so I'll go ahead and ask my questions :)

I have started making a pokemon hack called pokemon chaos grey (stil lworking on name so not definate) but I am changing the storyline to pokemon emerald using an emerald rom and I have laoded the rom into Advance Map and changed about 5-10% of the maps but I am woundering how I can modify events for example, in petalberg woods when the aqua grunt comes and battles how can I change it so that he is running away from a new team and the new team member trys to battle you? Also how can I add events such as fighting a level 30 kyroge in the middle of slateport city (Yes i know it sounds strange) I have had a look at the tut board but when I click tools on advnace map I don't have the correct option.

Thanks a lot!
You can modify existing happenings or add new ones with a Script Editor, which is what we call "scripting".
A Script Editor is included in the EliteMap package, it can be used to view scripts, aswell as to compile your edited/new ones to the game.
The search function of this forum will come in handy here, as almost everything that you need to start has been covered up before.
Also a look in the Documents forum will be helpful.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
Hail
Is there any command that after a certain script which implies another sprite rather than the main char disappear or after a certain flag being activated make another sprite appear, for example in fr prof oak despite being there in pallet town he only appears after the activation of the script before the grass and then he disappears again after taking u to the lab...
Another I wanted to know is how can I make a sprite change is current position to make him participate in an event like the footprint guy in oldale...
[[]]
Stay Sick\m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back