• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
Is there any command that after a certain script which implies another sprite rather than the main char disappear or after a certain flag being activated make another sprite appear, for example in fr prof oak despite being there in pallet town he only appears after the activation of the script before the grass and then he disappears again after taking u to the lab...
Another I wanted to know is how can I make a sprite change is current position to make him participate in an event like the footprint guy in oldale...
[[]]
Stay Sick\m/
Yes, there is a command for every action you mentioned.
To hide sprites on the map, use this command:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw [event number of the person]
#raw 00

To show sprites, you have to add this command:
Code:
#raw 55
#raw [event number of the person]
#raw 00

And to move sprites to a certain location on the map, use this command:
Code:
#raw 57
#raw [event number to move]
#raw 00
#raw [x position in hex]
#raw 00
#raw [y position in hex]
#raw 00

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
#autobank on

#org 0x800000
#raw 47
#raw 27 'item \ blue
#raw 0 'item / flute
#raw 1 'quantity \
#raw 0 'quantity / one
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 jump 0x800150
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x6
end

#org 0x800150
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x4
wildbattle 0x8F 0x2D 0
#raw 53
#raw 050
#raw 00
end

#org 0x800200
= It's a sleeping Pokemon, err, not anymore!
end

#org 0x800100
= It's a sleeping Pokemon.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
I put the snorlax script in my rom and tested it, theres a problem. When i click on the snoralx you here the snound that the message box makes, but no textbox is diplayed.
I just compiled and tested the script. It's working fine.
However, you made a mistake in this part:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 050
#raw 00
What is the Event number of the event that you want to hide?

simadons

Imagine
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2013
The event number I made it is 50.

Another quicky, how long dose it take a thread to be valadated?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
simadons said:
The event number I made it is 50.

Another quicky, how long dose it take a thread to be valadated?
In that case, the code has to look like this:
Code:
#raw 53
#raw 32
#raw 00
Because you are using #raw commands, all provided values have to be entered in Hexadecimal. (50 Dec = 32 Hex)

Threads get validated whenever a Moderator sees that they need validation, and as long as meet the requirements.
This usually happens within a few hours to 1 day. If your thread does not appear after that period, it probably was not approved.
However, this is not the place to ask questions like that.

Liquinn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
Just thought I'd post a question. In my TEAM ROCKET hack I wish for the Ho-Oh event to be changed into a Mewtwo.

How can I change the event to a Mewtwo instead of Ho-Oh (With or without HEX).

Also, When the Ho-Oh event has been changed into a Mewtwo, How do I place the statue of Mewtwo inside a cave so you can battle and catch Mewtwo from there?

Liquinn.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
liquinn said:
Just thought I'd post a question. In my TEAM ROCKET hack I wish for the Ho-Oh event to be changed into a Mewtwo.

How can I change the event to a Mewtwo instead of Ho-Oh (With or without HEX).

Also, When the Ho-Oh event has been changed into a Mewtwo, How do I place the statue of Mewtwo inside a cave so you can battle and catch Mewtwo from there?

Liquinn.
You can change the Pokémon you battle in the Event, by replacing the Pokémon and Level values of the HO-OH Script, with the ones of Mewtwo with a Hex-Editor.
A list of Pokémon values for G/S/C can be found here.

Just change a level into a cave, and place the Event of the Pokémon where you want it to be.
Then assign the Script to the Event. (Make sure it is called from the same Bank. You could just modify the top level of the Tin Tower.)

evco1

What is the faster way to translate a pokemon gba rom?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
evco1 said:
What is the faster way to translate a pokemon gba rom?
The speed of translating a game depends on how fast you can find and edit the texts with your Hex-Editor, and how well you speak the language you are translating from.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Where is the Ho-oh event in Pokemon Gold in a Hex Editor because I can't find it? Like what is the Hex numbers and letters for the Ho-oh event?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Blazichu said:
Where is the Ho-oh event in Pokemon Gold in a Hex Editor because I can't find it? Like what is the Hex numbers and letters for the Ho-oh event?
As I already told you in my last post, the command 5C loads the Pokémon and Level data into the RAM of the game.
So, if you would have used the list I linked you to, you would have found out that HO-OH's Hex value is FA. And since it appears on Level 40 in the game, you just have to convert that number into Hex. (40 Dec <-> 28 Hex)
Now all you have to do is to put these 3 values together (5CFA28) and search for them, and you will find your HO-OH event in the ROM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2006
hi can any one help me i have got elitemap and a pokemon emerald rom when i try to load it up on elite map it keeps on saying "this is not a supported pokemon advance rom". what dose vthis mean can someone help me

Liquinn

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
I was wondering if you could change the music when you battle someone in the game, Like say if your battling your rival for example, how can I change the music to the team rocket music in battle?

Liquinn.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
dakelland said:
hi can any one help me i have got elitemap and a pokemon emerald rom when i try to load it up on elite map it keeps on saying "this is not a supported pokemon advance rom". what dose vthis mean can someone help me
You get that error because, as it already tells you, you tried to load an unsupported ROM.
Since EliteMap doesn't support Emerald from the start, you will have to make it compatible, by adding the correct offsets from this thread to your "PokeRoms.ini" file.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
evco1 said:
There is an extractor for gba roms?
Please elaborate on what kind of "extractor" you are talking about.

If you want to extract compressed images (such as Pokémon sprites), you can use unLZ-GBA. It is included in the EliteMap package.

Leo~chan

Lolbot :3
Years
Applymovement... Help °_°

Hello, i'm italian hacker and i prepared my hack, pokémon black dream... I have one question...
How I make has to use the movement of a personage to right, after to have spoken with it?
Thaks for repling ^_^
Excuse me for my bad english °_°
*EDIT*
The problems is that I have already put a script that donates a Traphinc… And I do not know if these create problems
Excuse me for my bad english °_°

Last edited:

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
I tried to compile a basic text script (the girl just says something; nothing special), and it compiled fine. However, in game, the sprite that I assigned the offset to does not respond. It still moves; I told it to walk around. It just won't talk to me. What could I have done wrong? If I need to elaborate, I will.

Oh. I'm using A-Map and ScriptEd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back