• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Can the male and female charecters pic (the one just after you have selected gender) be changed in unlz.gba and if so what are the numbers?
    Scizz, I think it was that the image was too large so I tryed instering a smaller one and this is what happened:
    pokemonleafgreennv5.png

Any help?

Last edited:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I made this script:

(I will change the AAA, BBB and CCC later with Advance Text)
    Anyway, when I input it in my rom, and input the script in Advance map (new script event, enter offset), and start my rom, and walk on the event, it says BBB, then it pauses, then it says CCC, then the player walks one block left, and then the game chrashes (character can't move anymore, altough music keeps playing).

I don't know why this is happening, it might be an error in my script or it might be something in the rom (I edited Pallet town but that annoying signpost girl is still there)

Can anyone solve my problem?

The problem with your Script was probably, that you have used a bad offset.
    I adjusted the Script offset, and fixed a text offset for you.
    A test compile showed, that the Script is working just as desired.

Try this version of the Script, and see if it works for you.

Code:
    #org 0x800500
    checkflag 0x800
    if 1 0x8C86B0
    applymovement 0x00 0x800050
    pause 0x30
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800100
    pause 0x10
    applymovement 0x00 0x800150
    pause 0x50
    message 0x800350
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0x00 0x800200
    pause 0x50
    applymovement 0x00 0x800250
    pause 0x10
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800200
    pause 0x50
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x2
    release
    end

#org 0x800050
    #binary 56 FE

#org 0x800100
    #binary 3 FE

#org 0x800150
    #binary 6 6 6 6 FE

#org 0x800200
    #binary 7 7 7 7 FE

#org 0x800250
    #binary 2 FE

#org 0x800300
    = AAA

#org 0x800350
    = BBB

#org 0x800400
    = CCC

Can the male and female charecters pic (the one just after you have selected gender) be changed in unlz.gba and if so what are the numbers?
    Scizz, I think it was that the image was too large so I tryed instering a smaller one and this is what happened:
    pokemonleafgreennv5.png

Any help?

The questions about the pictures has been asked and answered multiple times now, you can easily find that answer by browsing through the thread, or using the search function.
    (If you have problems using the search function, you can always use your browsers search feature on the Archived version of this thread.)

Again, you have overwritten important data while inserting your image.
    Go back to your backup-copy, and when inserting a new image, enter an offset to free space in the "Image offset" text field.
    Then check the "Repoint" and uncheck the "Abort" box, and click OK.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • i need some help with this script:

#org 0xEB0000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0xEB0050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0xEB0100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0xEB0050
    msgbox 0xEB0070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0xEB0070
    = I noticed you had older\nversion of the POKéDEX.\pSo I upgraded it for you.\pNow you can evolve POKéMON\nthat are not from Kanto.

#org 0xEB0100
    = Hello there. I'm a POKéDEX\nProgrammer.\pLet me see your POKéDEX\nfor a sec..\p.............\n.......Click!\pYour POKéDEX was upgraded!

It was working at first, but then it wasn't. Can some1 help me out?

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ok, heres a question. Insted of inserting a new map and creating warps etc etc I decided to turn a house into a cave and I have mapped everything and in elitemap I have changed the warp locations and the event locations etc etc and when I walk into the cave entrance its fine and everything is how it should be but then when you try and get back out of the cave the charecter just keeps walking into the entrance as if it where a wall any help? And also in the cave I am trying to amke an event where you fight an unown and I have copyed moltreses event and started changing the picture etc etc but when I go to battle it it isnt there, any help its greatley appreciated thanks!

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • i need some help with this script:

#org 0xEB0000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0xEB0050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0xEB0100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0xEB0050
    msgbox 0xEB0070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0xEB0070
    = I noticed you had older\nversion of the POKéDEX.\pSo I upgraded it for you.\pNow you can evolve POKéMON\nthat are not from Kanto.

#org 0xEB0100
    = Hello there. I'm a POKéDEX\nProgrammer.\pLet me see your POKéDEX\nfor a sec..\p.............\n.......Click!\pYour POKéDEX was upgraded!

It was working at first, but then it wasn't. Can some1 help me out?

The script looks correct. It would be nice if you would tell us the ROM you used, and what exactly isn't working in your Script.

ok, heres a question. Insted of inserting a new map and creating warps etc etc I decided to turn a house into a cave and I have mapped everything and in elitemap I have changed the warp locations and the event locations etc etc and when I walk into the cave entrance its fine and everything is how it should be but then when you try and get back out of the cave the charecter just keeps walking into the entrance as if it where a wall any help? And also in the cave I am trying to amke an event where you fight an unown and I have copyed moltreses event and started changing the picture etc etc but when I go to battle it it isnt there, any help its greatley appreciated thanks!
    Check the Movement permissions of your cave near the Warp area.
    Also make sure that you have used the correct "door" tiles.

In order to make a new wild Pokémon Event, you will have to copy the Script as well, and add it to your new Event.
    Just changing the picture does not work.
    The search function will help you here.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • i used a Pokemon Fire Red (U). I toke a closer look and saw that it was before i got the first badge it worked but after i got it it wasn't.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • i used a Pokemon Fire Red (U). I toke a closer look and saw that it was before i got the first badge it worked but after i got it it wasn't.

The first thing you can try, is using a different Flag.
    The one your have used might be related to the Badge in some way.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • I did search, and couldn't find an answer, so I'll ask: Is there any known way to ensure that a scripted Pokémon is Shiny? (a wildpokemon or givepokemon script) Any help is appreciated.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • I presume it's the GBA series? It's virtually imposible to do, but here's how I'd get around it. Let's say it was a shiny Gyrados (sp?) you wanted. Open up a program like rsball copy down the graphic and pallette details. Repoint to these under a new pokemon, enter the attack location etc. With the same code as the normal ones, edit all the evolutions and all and you have a shiny, without the spinning stars... If you need help PM me, but Scizz taught me how to do this with normal pokemon origoanlly.

Years
  • I've searched and searched for an answer but I can't seem to find an answer, so I hope you can help..

img70.image1shack.us/img70/4279/completejohto4yhk5tjog5.png (Remove the '1') I wish to add that tileset to my FireRed hack, but I hack no idea how to or what tool to use. A detailed explanation would be wonderful. =]

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I've searched and searched for an answer but I can't seem to find an answer, so I hope you can help..

img70.image1shack.us/img70/4279/completejohto4yhk5tjog5.png (Remove the '1') I wish to add that tileset to my FireRed hack, but I hack no idea how to or what tool to use. A detailed explanation would be wonderful. =]

You can use Advance-Map to export the Tilesets of a Pokémon Advance game, then easily edit it with any image editing program.

How to do this exactly, has been explained on many occasions.
    You can have a look at the Advance-Map release thread, or search through this thread to find the instructions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    Starters: For R/S: The level byte is hardcoded somewhere inside the Bag/Lab script.
    For FR/LG see here.

There's no link there, and I really want to know how to do that. Could you explain/post the link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did some googling and found a page... on this site that explains it.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • is there any tools that can change map's header other than amap?

There currently is no tool that allows you to edit a Map's header as much as Advance-Map, for the Advance-Games.
    EliteMap offers some basic header editing functionality, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2007
    OK, I am having a problem. I am currently hacking FR, and I added a person in Veridian City and gave him your National-dex activatin sample code:

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800050
    msgbox 0x800070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    = Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
    = Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

But when my character talks to him, nothing happened. So I thought it was because I needed to change the person offset, so I did, and I made the person's offset $800000 in Adancemap. But still, nothing happened. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Ive made this trainer script can anyone tell me if its all right

#org 0x895bfc
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x5A 0x0 0x7c2cf6 0x96f982
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 jump 0x9917e8
    msgbox 0x81837CF '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x991ase
    trainerbattle 0x5 0x5A 0x0 0x7c2cf6 0x96f982
    msgbox 0x7c2cf6 '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x7c2cf6
    = Hey! You're a team rocket member!\nfight me?
    #org 0x96f982
    = Lost!\nLost! Lost!
    #org 0x9917e8
    = Well done young one\nWe shall meet again.
    #org 0xa8d6bs
    = Want more?\nFoolish child!
    #org 0x96f982
    = Lost!\nLost! Lost!
    #org 0x9917e8
    = Well done young one\nWe shall meet again...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • OK, I am having a problem. I am currently hacking FR, and I added a person in Veridian City and gave him your National-dex activatin sample code:

#org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800050
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800100
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800050
    msgbox 0x800070
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    = Like your new POKéDEX?

#org 0x800100
    = Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

But when my character talks to him, nothing happened. So I thought it was because I needed to change the person offset, so I did, and I made the person's offset $800000 in Adancemap. But still, nothing happened. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

A few things for you to check and try:
    - Make sure that you compile the Script to the ROM, without having any other programs running. (Advance-Map loads the whole ROM into the RAM, and saves it from there, so any changes made while Advance-Map was running will be gone.)
    - Make sure the offset you entered is correct.
    - Try changing the offset of the Main Script (the first part). It's possible that the ROM doesn't like the offset 800000.

Ive made this trainer script can anyone tell me if its all right

#org 0x895bfc
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 jump 0x9917e8
    msgbox 0x81837CF '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x991ase
    msgbox 0x7c2cf6 '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x7c2cf6
    #org 0x96f982
    = Lost!\nLost! Lost!
    #org 0x9917e8
    #org 0xa8d6bs
    #org 0x96f982
    = Lost!\nLost! Lost!
    #org 0x9917e8
    = Well done young one\nWe shall meet again...

No, it's not.
    First of all, the Hexadecimal system only goes up to the value F. There is nothing beyond that. Offsets like "8d6bs" are invalid, and will not work.
    The second thing is, you should really practice to work with offsets.
    I've seen quite a few in your script that were incorrect, and would have caused your script to crash, simply because they overwrite other parts of your script.

I corrected most of it from scratch, so there's no guarentee that it's error-less. Try compiling it and see if it works.
    If it doesn't, try changing the offsets.

Code:
    #org 0x895bfc
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 jump 0x9917e8
    msgbox 0x9A17e8 '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'-----------------------
    #org 0x9917e8
    msgbox 0x9A17e8 '"Hey! You're a team..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x7c2cf6
    #org 0x96f982
    = Lost!\nLost! Lost!
    #org 0x9A17e8
    #org 0xa8d6b0

acemaster101

<<Lunar Fable &
    Years
  • ***I SEARCHED THE FORUM BEFORE POSTING THIS QUESTION***

How do I change the battle scene of the old man and the Weedle in Viridian City, FireRed (mainly changing the Pokemon)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back