• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • ***I SEARCHED THE FORUM BEFORE POSTING THIS QUESTION***

How do I change the battle scene of the old man and the Weedle in Viridian City, FireRed (mainly changing the Pokemon)?

That battle scene is hardcoded, which means that it is not possible to edit it directly.
    It is stored somewhere in the game core, though, it is unknown where exactly it is stored at the moment.

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • In 3rd Gen games, how many Pokemon can be inserted into the PokeDex//Is it possible to add more than 386 Pokemon?
    Is it possible to add more than 50 TMs?
    and
    Would I be able to add attacks, if so, how?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • In 3rd Gen games, how many Pokemon can be inserted into the PokeDex//Is it possible to add more than 386 Pokemon?
    Is it possible to add more than 50 TMs?
    and
    Would I be able to add attacks, if so, how?

After you repointed the list data, you can, theoretically, add as many new Pokémon to it as you want.
    However, practically, there probably is a limit to the list entries.
    Just add the ones you want to the list, and if the game crashes, you know you added too many, so just remove a few until it works again.

You can add a new Pokémon for each of the unused "?" slots.
    How has been described several times, so just use the search function.

It is not possible to add more than 50 TMs, and you can not add new attacks without ASM hacking.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    how to edit mirage island? i cannot find the map in advanced map and elite map...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • how to edit mirage island? i cannot find the map in advanced map and elite map...

Mirage Island does not have an actual map.
    It is formed on route 130 by the level script, that changes blocks on the Map in order to display it.
    If you want to change it's appearence, you will have to edit the script.

Years
  • how to edit mirage island? i cannot find the map in advanced map and elite map...

You know, if ya want to, you could always create an island where mirage island should be, (because chances are, you'll probably never actually unlock mirage island,) and fill your custom island with grass, then open up the wildpokemoneditor (or some tool name with wild in it((if your using elitemap however))), and change which pokemon encounter in those grasses.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    hmm if you are making two region, how to add two elite four? btw, how to add more box or change wallpaper for PC?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • hmm if you are making two region, how to add two elite four? btw, how to add more box or change wallpaper for PC?

By copying the scripts of the original Elite Four, modifying the needed variables (like trainer battle, flags, texts), and inserting them.

It's not possible to add more Wallpapers for the Boxes without ASM hacking, however, you can easily edit the Graphics, by using TLP (in combination with unLZ-GBA, if they're compressed).

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2007
    Ive looked at the refennce but where can i download the tools,i can't click on them.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Ive looked at the refennce but where can i download the tools,i can't click on them.

As you might have noticed, the Hacking Tools Reference contains a list of Tools, as well as several sites that offer them for download.
    Vist the sites that have been linked there, then download the tools from them.

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • I have changed the starters in Gold, and when I'm selecting those new starters, the cry of the Pokemon is still Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile's. How do i fix that?
    (the Starter is a Pikachu for my hack)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • How can I convert into hex for example 12=C or something like that I am still hacking Fire Red.

There are many programs on the internet, that can convert Decimal values to Hexadecimal value for you. (Even the Windows calculator can do that.)
    If you want to do it manually, you can have a look here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

I have changed the starters in Gold, and when I'm selecting those new starters, the cry of the Pokemon is still Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile's. How do i fix that?
    (the Starter is a Pikachu for my hack)

You have to modify the Cry values for the starter Pokémon as well.
    They are located in the Pokéball scripts. Just search for the Pokémon value in them.
    It should appear twice, one being the Pokémon you receive, and one being the Cry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2007
    Ok have found a english trainer modifier,but it only reads gbc not gb,ive been makeing a gold hack,but its gb,is there a converter,or another better english trainer mod?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Ok have found a english trainer modifier,but it only reads gbc not gb,ive been makeing a gold hack,but its gb,is there a converter,or another better english trainer mod?

Since Pokémon Gold can be played on both, the GB and GBC, you can just rename your Gold ROM from the extention .gb to .gbc.
    That way, you can edit the ROM, and continue playing it on the Emulator.

ssj

Kanto Legend
    Years
  • Ive got this script to make a trainer dissappear after you battle him but I dont what to do now.(Hacking Fire Red)

#org 0x73aa72
    message 0x73ab90
    boxset 0x2
    #raw 0x5C
    setflag 0xA125
    trainerbattle 0x9 0x05 0x0 0x73ad6d 0x7bbfae
    message 0x7bc253
    boxset 0x2
    applymovement 0x9 0x7bc377
    pause 0x20
    release
    end

Can someone please give me a link to a movement list for fire red :).

Last edited:

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • You have to modify the Cry values for the starter Pokémon as well.
    They are located in the Pokéball scripts. Just search for the Pokémon value in them.
    It should appear twice, one being the Pokémon you receive, and one being the Cry.
    If this is involving Hex stuff, whats the best program for it?

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Sprite project

Yes, I know this has virtually nothing to do with rom hacking, but it's almost on the same topic.

For probably over a year now I been wanting to make a full-blown Pokemon RPG through RM2k(or 2k3). In the end it would probably be almost exactly like how the PMDs are right now: basically an RPG with nothing but pokemon.

Anyways, I was very thrilled when I discovered about the Mysterious Dungeon games, because of the fact it featured every pokemon that currently existed, and they were the perfect style of sprites that could be used in an oldskool Final Fantasy-ish format of a game. So now my current problem is..... getting those sprites.

Those who have done "chara hunting" before for RM programs should know what I need: basically rips of sprites walking up, down, and to the sides. I tempted it before with a Japanese rom of the red game and doing it from scratch(by using screenshots). I almost got it, but it'll take forever if I continued this way. Or just by myself at least =/

So... What I ask is: Does anyone know of a site that has already gone through the painful hassle of doing complete sprite rips? Or if maybe a possible hack out there that could export the sprites completely from the rom itself? ..... Nothing else is there at least gameshark codes out there so that I can try to get all of them x_x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back