• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkMNisthebest

The ruler of all mankind
Years
  • Advancemap 1.82 help

Whenever I trie to open Advancemap 1.82; 1.81 or 1.80 I get a strange optionscreen. It says the following:

This programm is based on parts of Jigglys GoldMap source.
    Copyrights of AdvanceMap belong to LU-HO Poké.

Your rights :
    §1 You are allowed to use this program.
    §2 You are allowed to use the direct-link "am160.no-ip.info" or the one for the newer versions.
    §3 You are not allowed to duplicate this file on any other webspace.
    §4 You are not allowed to sell this program.
    §5 You are not allowed to claim indemnity, if the usage of this program damages a program,
    file or hardware of your computer.
    §6 The Author of this program is not bound to offer support of any kind.
    §7 You are not allowed to change this or any other text of this program, except the "*.ini" files in
    the "Ini" directory.

If any part of this text seems unclear to you, or you have doubt in your Rights, feel free to
    contact me anytime. My eMail adress: [email protected]

Then there are two clickable (make a selection black, you know, like a voting bill) that say:
    10 Endnutzerform
    11 Endnutzerform

And beneath them two buttons (like next and previous) that say:
    12 Endnutzerform
    13 Endnutzerform

Whatever combination I make with the choises, the program always closes.
    I put all the ini-files in the ini-map and the enduser in "sprachen" in "ini".

Please help.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • OverworldEditorRE

Ive prety much got the hang of this sucker by now , just i wanted to know if it was possible to ad more than 217 oveworld sprites for pokemon ruby? or/and if it was possible to change the size of the overworld sprites?

Anyone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    now it just says communication error when I enter the trading room. i'm trying to trade pokemon between a ruby rom and an emerald rom (both are completely unedited). any idea how to fix this???

i just managed to trade between 2 emerald files but i still cant trade between a ruby rom and an emerald rom.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, I cant be bothered going though 66 pages and I know this is probably a really obvious question but...where do I get a sprite editor that edits sprites in Pokemon Gold, I looked in the tools showcase and it empty and google didnt help...

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • I have searched the forums but I dont understand the little information I could find.
    I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold but I dont know how to edit the trainer sprites. I can edit the map sprites, but I think the others are compressed. How to I uncompress them?

Also, I would like to know how to edit the title screen. I read that once you decompress it you can simply edit the tiles in a programme like TLP. I found a post that had an IPS patch that supposedly did this, but the attachment does not appear to work.

Can someone please help me in dummie language?:embarrass

Ok, I cant be bothered going though 66 pages and I know this is probably a really obvious question but...where do I get a sprite editor that edits sprites in Pokemon Gold, I looked in the tools showcase and it empty and google didnt help...

It seems that PC is having some trouble with that forum at the mo but I have a sprite editor for you ^_^.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I have searched the forums but I dont understand the little information I could find.
    I'm trying to hack Pokemon Gold but I dont know how to edit the trainer sprites. I can edit the map sprites, but I think the others are compressed. How to I uncompress them?

Also, I would like to know how to edit the title screen. I read that once you decompress it you can simply edit the tiles in a programme like TLP. I found a post that had an IPS patch that supposedly did this, but the attachment does not appear to work.

Can someone please help me in dummie language?:embarrass

It seems that PC is having some trouble with that forum at the mo but I have a sprite editor for you ^_^.

Depends which trainer sprite you wan to change, if overworld Spirtes search for GS Sprite Editor on Google or in-battle sprites use Agixp and search on how to use it on google, it can be difficult to explain on how to use.

I have also attached an ips patch which decompresses the title screen and you can edit it in TLP.

Last edited:

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • Depends which trainer sprite you wan to change, if overworld Spirtes search for GS Sprite Editor on Google or in-battle sprites use Agixp and search on how to use it on google, it can be difficult to explain on how to use.

I have also attached an ips patch which decompresses the title screen and you can edit it in TLP.

thanks a lot but the ips patch only decompresses the pokemon logo and the gamefreak logo. I wanted to know how to change the flying pokemon and the 'gold version' tiles. but as for Agixp, i will get googling right now^_^

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I wanted to know how to change the flying pokemon and the 'gold version' tiles.

Yay! A GSC question. x3 Anyway sweetie, to change the Gold Version tiles, well in the decompressed ips, the blank space underneath the Pokémon logo is were the Gold version tiles should be, they're already erased so you can make them say what you want. =3

Now for Ho-oh sweetie.

Repointing and Editing Ho-oh

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00 and copy the tileset.
    Go to offset e7700 and paste the tileset there.
    Save.
    Change Ho-oh's pallete to make it easier to figure out what you're editing. ^^;

Now in a hex editor go to offset 62d7.
    Change the bytes 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just change the tiles. ^^

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • I have tried to load my pokemon emerald rom onto pokepic, but when i do so nothing happens, it says it can't find the INI settings in overworld editor - rebirth edition, it won't load in visualboy advance, and yet when I load it in advancemap, it works like a charm. Anyone know what's wrong with my ROM?

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • its the rom

I have tried to load my pokemon emerald rom onto pokepic, but when i do so nothing happens, it says it can't find the INI settings in overworld editor - rebirth edition, it won't load in visualboy advance, and yet when I load it in advancemap, it works like a charm. Anyone know what's wrong with my ROM?

Just get a fresh rom , that ones clearly dodgy :\

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • thanks but...

Repointing and Editing Ho-oh

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00 and copy the tileset.
    Go to offset e7700 and paste the tileset there.
    Save.
    Change Ho-oh's pallete to make it easier to figure out what you're editing. ^^;

Now in a hex editor go to offset 62d7.
    Change the bytes 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just change the tiles. ^^

Thankyou - seems easy enough only *bows head in shame* what do you mean by a tileset? is that the group of tiles that are all compressed (between the tiles for the trees and poke centers etc)?:embarrass also how do I change a byte? Sorry for all the questions lol ^_^

Last edited:

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • agixp411 problem

By searching the site I found that this problem has been mentioned before, but no help or answers were given. Also, as the thread was over a year old I thought I would post a new one.
    I have win 98 and downloaded AGIXP411 but whenever I try to open it I get a strange message (see the attatched image).
    Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? Before this happened I got a message saying I needed a DLL file so I downloaded it from the net. Then I get this new and more unusual message.

Please Help!

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, I've been starting to hack, I'm hacking a Fire Red ROM and, I do need some help and some questions answered. The editor that I am using is EliteMap just for a heads up.

1) Everytime I add a weather condition to a route, say thunderstorm, I click save and the map changes from a Kanto map to a Hoenn map. I then X out and go back to EliteMap to edit it. Once I try to uplaod the ROM into EliteMap agian it dose not do anything and the screen stays black. Thishas become a very annoying problem for me recently, anyone know how I could fix this?

2) Several programs for EliteMap do not work for me. Eveytime I try to open the ROM for say, for the wild pokemon editor I get this error message. Not only do I get that kind of message for that program but, from many others as well. Help?

3) How do I import custom tilesets from Paint and uplaod them onto EliteMap?

4) How do I add people, items, events etc.?

5) How do I import a Pokémon backsprite from paint and apply it to the game itself?

Thats all for now, the main problems that I have.

Last edited:

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • Hey, I've been starting to hack, I'm hacking a Fire Red ROM and, I do need some help and some questions answered. The editor that I am using is EliteMap just for a heads up.

1) Everytime I add a weather condition to a route, say thunderstorm, I click save and the map changes from a Kanto map to a Hoenn map. I then X out and go back to EliteMap to edit it. Once I try to uplaod the ROM into EliteMap agian it dose not do anything and the screen stays black. Thishas become a very annoying problem for me recently, anyone know how I could fix this?

2) Several programs for EliteMap do not work for me. Eveytime I try to open the ROM for say, for the wild pokemon editor I get this error message. Not only do I get that kind of message for that program but, from many others as well. Help?

3) How do I import custom tilesets from Paint and uplaod them onto EliteMap?

4) How do I add people, items, events etc.?

5) How do I import a Pokémon backsprite from paint and apply it to the game itself?

Thats all for now, the main problems that I have.

Q1 , if youre saying youre imorting a map from kanto to hoen( or the other way round) open the map in am then go to the map bank you want to isnert it to, open the map , then go to insert map , you will get a smaller screen come up , change the first two tabs to the map bank and map number,

q2, try moving the rom to the same folder as the programes it usualy helps,

q3, sry no idea =/

q4, go to advance map , open your rom , click on the tab that says 'events' then on the side it will show them , you can simply add more from there , make sure you save after editing the number of events,( Also be careful , if you overload a map with events it can mess up your rom)

q5, use poke pic , the back pic has to be a certain size , ( pokepic is in the elitemap folder i believe)

Hope it helps ya ...

Any one know how i can add more overworld sprites to a ruby rom , so far you can edit 217 , i wana know if its possible to make like 300 ... if any1 knows please post back =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    By searching the site I found that this problem has been mentioned before, but no help or answers were given. Also, as the thread was over a year old I thought I would post a new one.
    I have win 98 and downloaded AGIXP411 but whenever I try to open it I get a strange message (see the attatched image).
    Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? Before this happened I got a message saying I needed a DLL file so I downloaded it from the net. Then I get this new and more unusual message.

Please Help!

I think you need zerolib.dll

I have attached it below.

Last edited:

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • I used the search function but I didn't get a certain answer:
    How do I import pokemon sprites with different palettes without messing it up.
    EG: I want to put Naetoru in my game.
    So I export Bulbasaur in Unlz.gba and replace Naetoru over it in paint.
    It looks like this:
    44ik481.png

How do I fix it to look like it normally does? Where have I gone wrong?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back