• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
  • whene i insert applymovement script in my game ( fire red )
    everything freez when i walk to the script :S
    here is a script that i have inserted :S

#org 0x8994d2
    pause 0x0
    applymovement 0x4 0x6D10AD
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x6D10AD
    #raw 0x27
    #raw 0xFE

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    Could someone tell me what's the Movement number in AdvanceMap, for a tile that you walk UNDER the tile, and can't see yourself?

Hiroki

¬¬
    Years
  • In Gold, the Guide Gent person (who gives you the map card), how do I make Daisy in Pallet Town give it to you on the spot, withoutt a Town tour?, just I walk into her house and I get it?

sohappy

AIPOM!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    I have a question too. Does any one have the document with the Pokemon hex numbers? I can't find the thread they were in before.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    hi i have a question about elite maps rubikon. I tryed several tiems but i can't compile anything. I load my rom and i have the script there, but the compile button is blank. I'm hacking a ruby us rom and this is my script if it would help.
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0xF0F1
    if 1 0x800300
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    setflag 0xF0F1
    givepokemon 0x48 0x01 0x1
    end

#org 0x800300
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = Here's that Feebas i promised
    #org 0x800100
    = here you go,take it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    whene i insert applymovement script in my game ( fire red )
    everything freez when i walk to the script :S
    here is a script that i have inserted :S

#org 0x8994d2
    pause 0x0
    applymovement 0x4 0x6D10AD
    release
    end

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #org 0x6D10AD
    #raw 0x27
    #raw 0xFE

The problem depends on the offset you have chosen. In particular, I'm talking about the "6D10AD" one. That offset cannot be used because there are some ROM data that will be overwritten on script compiling. Try to use a different one.

I have a question too. Does any one have the document with the Pokemon hex numbers? I can't find the thread they were in before.

You can find the list at wah.studiopokemon.com/index.php?go=comandos/codigos.php

hi i have a question about elite maps rubikon. I tryed several tiems but i can't compile anything. I load my rom and i have the script there, but the compile button is blank. I'm hacking a ruby us rom and this is my script if it would help.
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0xF0F1
    if 1 0x800300
    message 0x800100
    boxset 0x2
    setflag 0xF0F1
    givepokemon 0x48 0x01 0x1
    end

#org 0x800300
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = Here's that Feebas i promised
    #org 0x800100
    = here you go,take it.

This question has been already answered before. Check this post for further information: theud.com/pokecommunity/showpost.php?p=2234351&postcount=1425

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    how do you port tilesets and sprites on paint to advance map.

To import a tileset in AdvanceMap you have to load your map and then go to the Block Editor. Now you can import the first or the second tileset by choosing on the menu. For the trainer sprite, such as the hero's trainer card, you have to use unLZ-GBA.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    i get this error

[...]

The format of the tile set in paint is bitmap

Make so:
    - Open you ROM with AdvanceMap;
    - Load a map of your choice;
    - Go to the Block Editor;
    - Export the tileset that you want edit;

At this point, you'll have 2 files: the first one with extension .dib and the second with extension .pal. Open the first one with your favourite ghaphic editing program and save. Finally import the modified tileset in the ROM.
    If you have trouble editing the .dib file, try to rename as .bmp, edit it and then re-rename with extension .dib.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • 1) I searched again this thread, for wildbattle commands, and actually managed to do in Emerald a battle scene for Moltres in Victory Road. But i can't delete the sprite after the battle (it remains there and i can battle Moltres every time). This is the script i used:

Code:
    #autobank on

#org 0x86BDE0
    msgbox 0x86BE30
    cry 
    callstd 0x4
    wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
    #raw 53
    #raw 07
    #raw 00
    end

#org 0x86BE30
    = Moltres!
    The event number Advance Map shows for this sprite is 7. If you need more details, i am using the sprite number 233 (the deoxys triangle, it is temporary), People Nº: 8, location X: 2B, Y: 12, Script Offset: $86BDE0, in the Map 24.45 (the third map of Victory Road)

2) And how to add sprites? I don't want to replace, because i think every sprite is used, and i don't want that the Moltres sprite appear as a "Torchic Doll" in the game for example. It's difficult to search for this, the word "sprite" is very common...

EDIT:
    Also tried this code, modified from that Snorlax example, and writing the correct offset in Advance Map ($86BD90). This code makes the common noise like i am interacting with an object, but nothing else. That's the reason i used the first, after deleting the first part, the cry part (when i used it. it leads to a battle with a sign "?", i think it is the new Missingno) and setflag command.

Code:
    #autobank on
    #org 0x86BD90
    checkflag 0x1FF
    if 0 0x86BDE0
    end

#org 0x86BDE0
    cry 0xA1 0x92
    #raw 01
    msgbox 86BE30
    callstd 0x4
    wildbattle 0x92 0x32 3
    #raw 53
    #raw 07
    #raw 00
    setflag 0x1FF
    end

#org 0x86BE30
    = Moltres!

Try this script

Code:
    #org 0xF05000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x8F03C00 '"Moltres ..."
    callstd 0x6
    nop
    nop
    wildbattle 0x92 0x32 0x3
    nop
    nop
    pause 0x80
    setflag 0x1285
    nop
    fadescreen 0x1
    pause 0x30
    #raw 0x53
    #raw 0x07
    #raw 0x00
    nop
    fadescreen 0x0
    release
    end

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Tile Problems

Kay, here are the tiles in their intended form.

Yet when I walk off the map onto the next one ...

This occurs. However, it reverts back to it's intended tiles if I go back into the town.

But if I leave the walk far enough so that the tiles have left the screen and then return ...

This occurs, and even if I go back ...

The tiles do not revert back to normal. And in order for them to do so, I have to walk far enough inside the map so that the tiles are off the screen.

So how do I stop the tiles from stuffing up?

Thanks.

I hope that makes sense ... or that it's a simple question ^^;;

Years
  • somewhere on this rhread i found a patch so that prof oak will give you the national dex after you get the normal one can someone make me the same patch but then for FR

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • [Ray.Z]: Its like that cuz you have changed the background of tiles
    the normal background is grass and you have change it to sand

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    editing the pokenav hoenn map

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find it: after editing the hoenn map (for the pokenav) in Cyclone and putting it in, the label in the lower right of the map didnt point to the new cities, routes, etc. how can I make it so that it does? I think I have to use a hex-editor, but what exactly do I have to do?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    To - HackMew -
    I read all the info in that post and i placed all the files needed in the right place/ I have all of them but the compile button still does not work. The compile button is still blank and is unable to be clicked..... i have no idea what to do.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Kay, here are the tiles in their intended form.

Yet when I walk off the map onto the next one ...

This occurs. However, it reverts back to it's intended tiles if I go back into the town.

But if I leave the walk far enough so that the tiles have left the screen and then return ...

This occurs, and even if I go back ...

The tiles do not revert back to normal. And in order for them to do so, I have to walk far enough inside the map so that the tiles are off the screen.

So how do I stop the tiles from stuffing up?

Thanks.

I hope that makes sense ... or that it's a simple question ^^;;

As far as I know that happens because of your two connected maps use different tilesets, if both of them share the same tilesets, there wouldn't be a problem.
    However, if they share at least one (each map can have two tilesets), the "not-shared" tiles would confuse whenever you switch from map to map (That explains what's going on...).
    How to prevent it?, well, try to use only the shared tiles, whenever you are close to switch to your other map (that goes for each map). That means, if you connect to a map with not-shared tiles, dont use that kind of tiles close to the connection (the game can see seven tiles away, I think). You already saw the glitchy effect. You'll learn to handle it, eventually...

Now I'm the one that hopes this made any sense at all...

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Try this script

Code:
    #org 0xF05000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x8F03C00 '"Moltres ..."
    callstd 0x6
    nop
    nop
    wildbattle 0x92 0x32 0x3
    nop
    nop
    pause 0x80
    setflag 0x1285
    nop
    fadescreen 0x1
    pause 0x30
    #raw 0x53
    #raw 0x07
    #raw 0x00
    nop
    fadescreen 0x0
    release
    end

Thanks. That code works ok for the battle (like before), but the sprite still remains there, and it's possible to continue battling moltres.
    Also, there are another three questions i did in that post.

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Pokemon Amplifier Problem

I also have a problem with pokemon amplifier 3.2. it happens when i change evolutions. if i make a pokemon evolve into another such as remoraid to mantine at level 26, what will happen is that the mantine will be at lv 24 after the evolution. similarly, magmar evolving to moltres at 31 works, but in the end, moltres is lv 28. However, When I changed clefairy to evolve to chansey at lv. 30, it actually worked properly and the chansey was still lv 30.
    could someone explain why the level reduces/tell the solution?
    thanks in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back