• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Is there a way for me to export a tileset from FR into pkmn sapphire??? And how can i create a new map without having to replace another map?? And can someone tell me wht this mean?: "Read beyond end of file!" this appears when i try to hange a tlieset.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Little problem...

Hi! I've got problem with my hack... I'm hacking Ruby. I changed event with Poochyena and during playing we don't choose pokeball from the bag but only fight with Poochyena and after it all is normal. Before this, I created other event - that little, blue colored guy in Littleroot Town gives to us Bulbasaur. Problem - in menu (this on right, after press START) doesn't appeare POKEMON menu after obtain Bulbasaur. How can I fix this? Is any hex command for appear this menu?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Big thanks! You are the best ;) . I'm your debtor.

And sorry for firstly post it as new thread ^^" .

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Thnx I Got It Fixed!
    P.s How Do You Change What Items Are In A Pokemart/ Is There Anyway Taht Oak Can Give You Great Balls?

Last edited:

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    How does the overall map work?

I expected that at the end of each map there would be an exit
    leading on to the next map, but there is nothing. Is there a way to
    check the entire map and fiddle around with which maps move onto which
    other maps?
    Can someone plz clarify how this works. Thanks in advance.

Also, is there an editor that can make pokemon learn Aditional attacks, not just change which ones.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Is there any way to actually add and resize maps?

Also, regarding editors, goldmap 1.3 is the latest version i can find of that program, the latest version is 1.6 and there are no links in the tools showcase, only a list of names.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How do i compile the scripts?When i save the script as an .rbc in Scripted it won't open.But when i write .rbc next to it opens but i can't compile it.And one time i compiled it with my rom and it said program halted and the script didn't work!!Can anyone help me please.....I have to do the scripts to finish the beta for my hack.Igf you want to see it go to the link from my sig.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Kataphraktoi said:
    Is there any way to actually add and resize maps?

Also, regarding editors, goldmap 1.3 is the latest version i can find of that program, the latest version is 1.6 and there are no links in the tools showcase, only a list of names.

Answering my own question. The Official goldmap site, which was prevoiusly inaccessible, is now up and Goldmap 1.6 is available from there, which supports map resizing etc. You may return to your regularly scheduled broadcasting. :-)

Years
    Music, Poke Center - problem

I've got question - Which number in unLZ-GBA are tilesets from pokecenter?
    And once more thing - In my hack doesn't play music at all locations, can you help me?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    OK - If I write an RBC script, how do I put it in the rom?

Even if I need to overwrite an existing thing, how do I do it?

I found an offset- I think. It was an area of FF's and I used it.

Now how do I patch the script to the rom?

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Patch over whatever rom was used as base using an isp patcher.
    There is ISP XP and there is also one that comes with Elitemap.
    Then play the patched rom on an emulator like usual.

bluejay

I'll Fly Forever!
    Years
    new guy NEEDS help

I NEW SO HELP ME!!! i want to make a fire red hack and add my own pokemon,characters,story line,regions,etc. what hack tools do i need and where could i download it? i have that flash card thing and once i finish my hack i would wish to put it on there. how would i do that also.

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Suggestions for Tuor:
    Either use Advance Mart to make it so all stores have Master balls
    instead of pokeballs. And change the price.

Or change the catch rate to as high as it will go. Not auto catch, but
    close.

Tools are in the tools showcase part of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Um, I need help, as usual.
    I am making hack, and I changed the pallete and sprite of May to Marina, but i don't know how to change pallete of the owerworld (e.g. Wallace, I think it's best for her). Can someone, anyone HELP ME?

EDIT: Solved, no need to help.

Last edited:

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    helpin out

Har D Har said:
    When I download a beta, i get a weird heart thing called a patch. What do i do with it?
    just click on it and it will give you options on with file to patch(change to the file you downloaded). Pick which rom you want to patch.(which is it a hack of)

P.S. probably have extra of the game you are patching incase tyou still want the original

Last edited:

zapdos123

Psy Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    Help

I'm a n00b.
    I am trying to hack Ruby and I need someone who can teachme. I have Advance Map and Hexecute.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    Birch: how to

How do you change Birch in the intro to Sapphire? also where can i download Trainer battle customizer XP? I cant find it anywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back