• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have new problem x_x Well, two actually...

I inserted new message into the game, but when I talk to the npc, it doesn't turn to face towards the trainer, how do I fix this?

As for my second problem: after I have talked to the npc, the message box doesn't dissapear. Could someone please explain to me why? :S

You probaly didn't understand what I was trying to say, so I'll just post a couple of pictures:

I hope those explained my problem.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
    Scizz said:
    Script 1:
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x4
    #raw 47
    #raw 0B
    #raw 1
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 jump 0x800150
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x6
    warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
    release
    end

#org 0x800150
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = This is the WIND EGG\nIt's said that in past times it revived\pthe city from the ashes after the\nwars...   

#org 0x800300
    = Huh?!\nYour RAINBOW ASH got brighter...

#org 0x800400
    = Huh?!\nSuddendly the wind got stronger\pfor an instant...

Hail
    This was supose to have a check item command=S...
    Could it be something like this??
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x4
    checkitem 0x10B
    #raw 47
    #raw 0B
    #raw 1
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 jump 0x800150
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x6
    warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
    release
    end

#org 0x800150
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200
    = This is the WIND EGG\nIt's said that in past times it revived\pthe city from the ashes after the\nwars...   

#org 0x800300

What are the fire red's battle fields offsets in unLZ and is there anyway of evading that message of image to big from unLZ so that the image stays has it is?
    Thnx for the help
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    I have new problem x_x Well, two actually...

I inserted new message into the game, but when I talk to the npc, it doesn't turn to face towards the trainer, how do I fix this?

As for my second problem: after I have talked to the npc, the message box doesn't dissapear. Could someone please explain to me why? :S

You probaly didn't understand what I was trying to say, so I'll just post a couple of pictures:

I hope those explained my problem.

Just add those commands at the start of your script:
    lock
    faceplayer

and before the end add:
    release

To make the textbox disappear after a text has been said, just use:
    boxset 0x6

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    This was supose to have a check item command=S...
    Could it be something like this??
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x4
    checkitem 0x10B
    #raw 47
    #raw 0B
    #raw 1
    #raw 1
    #raw 0
    compare LASTRESULT 0
    if 1 jump 0x800150
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x6
    warp 0x0 0x56 0x0
    release
    end

#org 0x800150
    message 0x800400
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800200

#org 0x800300

What are the fire red's battle fields offsets in unLZ and is there anyway of evading that message of image to big from unLZ so that the image stays has it is?
    Thnx for the help
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    I told you a lot of times already, so this is the last time I'm going to do that.
    There is no checkitem command implemented in RubiKode yet.
    Which is why we placed the raw values.
    Those raw values are the checkitem command.
    The script I gave you is fully correct.

What do you mean with "battle field"?

To disable the "Image too big" message, just uncheck the "Abort if new image is bigger" box when saving.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Thanks again Scizz ^_^ Now that I know the basics, I can finally start to seriously work on my hack =D If I ever complete it, I'll make sure to mention you in the credits.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    need a needed file

i need a file called comctl32.ocx does anyone have it? i looked in the needed files and couldn't find it please help

Aon

Shadow Master
    Years
    Awsome! Scizz is back. (or at least willing) Thanks for the answers, the evolution one really helped.
    To find the file, comctl32.ocx try checking the stcikys in the tools showcase forum.

Last edited:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    How do I edit trainer battles? Where can I get Advance Battle?

I've been searching all over for Advance Battle, but I still can't find it. I have PET and TBC, but I can't work either of them. I have all the pics for PET, but cycling through all of the pics to find the pokemon I want is such a waste of time. Is there an easier way to edit battles?

Grifter

How can I use EliteMap to view all the Wild Pokemon that are available on a specific map? I have tried looking at the Bewildered tool, but that just shows two pokemon and drop down lists with all the pokemon. Does EliteMap have a function similar to the Wild Pokemon one on AdvanceMap?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Aon said:
    Awsome! Scizz is back. (or at least willing) Thanks for the answers, the evolution one really helped.
    To find the file, comctl32.ocx try checking the stcikys in the tools showcase forum.

Search at google,yahoo etc. you'll find them and u can downlaod all needed files or just that.
    EDIT:Here's a site that you can downlaod it.Just click on downlaod COMCTL32.OCX Link:https://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=COMCTL32.OCX

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
    Years
    Just a small question, is it known how to have the Pokedex display Complete data, rather than minimal data on having just seen a pokemon instead of needing to capture it? (Eg, the data when seen = data when caught).

Otherwise, I'll just not use the pokedex at all in my Hack. :S

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I've got one, stupid problem... I added (in Elite Map) new traps on one map. I created script and wrote its offset in Elite Map, but when I'm playing my hack, this script doesn't work. Why? If I earlier must write command that will activate this trap, tell me which it is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Masquerade™ Inc. said:
    I've been searching all over for Advance Battle, but I still can't find it. I have PET and TBC, but I can't work either of them. I have all the pics for PET, but cycling through all of the pics to find the pokemon I want is such a waste of time. Is there an easier way to edit battles?

i need a way to edit battles too advance map wont work on my computer because my couputer doesn't have enough system resoures

drem

a french user...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2008
    sorry scizz, but I do not speak about the city, I wanted to say that:
    change the city's location in town map "bag >> key items >> townmap"

now, i have an other question :
    how to edit script( i used scriped, but I cannot compile it )

Last edited:

kiarou

cold and silent
    Years
    I need some help please.

Sorry, im t3h n00b
    I've never worked with hacks or emulator before, and i would like some help >.<;
    I don't know how to download and play these pokemon hacks.
    Are there special programs I need, or is it just a matter or process.
    Please help,
    thankyou verry much!

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    To play a Pokémon Hack you will need:
    A Emulator (Google Visual Boy Advance)
    The rom that it has been hacked for (Again google it, we are not allowed to give out links to roms.)
    A IPS Patcher (Once again google it)

I'd find the links for you (not to the roms) but I'm to tired. Hope this helped you.

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Thanks for your help, Arbok and Scizz. ^_^

Is there a way to change the icon of newly inserted Pokemon in unLZ GBA?

EDIT: 'nother question.. um, in Advance Map, is there a way to just edit the pallette's you have to chose from?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Kitty Face said:
    Thanks for your help, Arbok and Scizz. ^_^

Is there a way to change the icon of newly inserted Pokemon in unLZ GBA?

EDIT: 'nother question.. um, in Advance Map, is there a way to just edit the pallette's you have to chose from?

1)For icons of all pokemon and newly inserted there's IconEd which can be found in Tools Showcase

2)You can change palettes with palette editing

Kitty Face

Hacker Trainee
    Years
    Christos said:
    1)For icons of all pokemon and newly inserted there's IconEd which can be found in Tools Showcase

2)You can change palettes with palette editing

Okay IconEd.. I'll need to get that, thanks. ^_^

Well I'm not much of a hacker at all, to say the least, but I've dabbled in art for years (though I'm only 15.. XD) I have a variety of art programs (Paint Shop Pro 7, Adobe Photoshop 7) and I've been using them for pallette editing for the Pokemon Sprites I've been making. I tried to do something along those lines for tilesets but I have no idea how to apply a new pallette to the current ones. This is what I've been doing:

1. In Advance Map, save tileset as a .DIP file.
    2. Load .DIP in PSP7.
    3. Edit.. la-dee-la.. resave tileset as .DIP and .PAL (required).
    4. Load tileset back into Advance Map.

All I get are a series of blank green/navy/fuschia squares.. but if I load the original tileset, all of the tiles and pallettes come back. The original tileset is only a .DIP and .PAL file, like the one I recoloured and all.

I also tried some called TLP (I think), the thing that came with Elite Map, and I couldn't figure that out either.

I have no skills whatsoever using hex. I don't even have a hex editor. ._.

What do you suggest? ^_^;;;

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    There's a tutorial for palette editing and the other colors you get are like that because those colors weren't in the palette you edited.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back