• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
Years
  • Nice script but I still am getting that error message... If I e-mail you the .ips could you insert the script for me? If so, could you give the script to the Person event behind the house with the Lance sprite or the fat boy (near the lab)?

Please?

Thanks mon

snrub

Maybe you should try Diamond cutter to insert your sripts instead of sripted. Diamond cutter in way better.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    This question has been asked before I know it, but I can't find the answer anymore. But here's the question: After importing an image for a new Pokemon using unLZ.GBA, messy pixels appear. Why is that? Didn't Scizz say something about repointing it?

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • No, it's because the pallete doesn't correspond with the recent pic. Did you remember to click "Export Pallete"? Thats probably another reason why. I used pokepic to insert the pokemon because if another picture gets messed up while importing another I'll know. Remember that the front and back pic of a trainer and pokemon shares the same exact pallete, trying to insert a front and back pic of the pokemon with different palletes will mess up something.

Heres my question, what is the easiest way to insert new tilesets? I'm also wondering how do you segment a pic into tile shapes. I'm trying to make this into a tileset.

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • please could someone help me with the following things. (im hacking pokemon gold)

-change the picture of ho-oh on the title screen (didnt rly understand wot jeremy tld me 0_o)
    -add events to make pokemon like moltres appear when u click on a person
    -change in battle sprites of trainers (cant get avixp to work {see my problemo in a previous post})
    -change palletes

please write in baby talk cos im such a noob ^_^

Okie sweetie, here I go, again. XD

Repointing and Editing Ho-oh

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00.

Go to offset e7700 and paste what you copied there.
    Save. Close TLP

Change Ho-oh's pallete to make it easier to figure out what you're editing. ^^;

Now in a hex editor go to offset 62d7.
    Change the the following 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just edit what you pasted at offset e7700 with TLP. ^^

Just another question, which i searched, and didn't fiind anything. I put in a few new characters using Advance Map, but I can't get them to talk since there's nothing to search using A-Text. So how do I make my new characters talk?

Well sweetie, just assign them a script.

Last edited:

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • Okie sweetie, here I go, again. XD

Repointing and Editing Ho-oh

Open TLP, go to the offset 18a00.

Go to offset e7700 and paste what you copied there.
    Save. Close TLP

Change Ho-oh's pallete to make it easier to figure out what you're editing. ^^;

Now in a hex editor go to offset 62d7.
    Change the the following 60 42 to 0077. Save.

Now all you have to do sweetie is just edit what you pasted at offset e7700 with TLP. ^^

THANK YOU!:laugh: thats exactly what I wanted !!!

Years
  • How do you decompress a image from unlz.gba so that you can edit it in tlp and what is the unlz.gba offset for the sevii islands minimap in FR

Last edited:

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • hmmmm

Hi guys , i have a few questions that are realy important to my hack,

1. does anyone know how i can insert a whole new tileset? not replacing an old one like inersting an entire new one .

2. Is it possible to create room for overworld sprites , for example: in a ruby rom when you edit overworlds with overworld editor there are 217 editable sprites, i want to know if i can create like new banks for more , and if i can change the sizes ....

Please someone answer back soon , Even if its really complex like advance hexing i really need to get this done, well in advance ... thanks

SW11 all day everyday

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • what are some of the basic programs i need to make a pkmn gae besides adv. map, ad ext editor...
    The EliteMap package (Contains Unlz-GBA, PokePic, TLP, ScriptEd (important)) etc.

Get it here: https://helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/filebin/elitemap37.exe

This might sound a little nubish, but whatever.

Well agian, I'm trying to hack. It's a hack of Fire Red and I'm done with editing the Pallet town to New Bark Town. I want the next route (Route 29) to go to the left of New Bark. The problem is that Fire Red's next route is going up from the starter town (Pallet). My main question is, how do I configure routes to a certian position for access from the previous area? The editor I'm using is Advance Map.
    Above the map image, can you see 4 purple arrows? Click them. Change the connections until your heart's content :)

How do you decompress a image from unlz.gba so that you can edit it in tlp and what is the unlz.gba offset for the sevii islands minimap in FR
    Click "Dump As Raw" or something like that :)

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • GoldMap glitches

whenever I edit a rom using GoldMap I always end up with numerous glitches in the game. these usually include:

-the ability to walk through signs
    -the ability to walk through trees
    -getting stuck near head-butt trees

If no-one can help me with these problems, can someone reccomend an alternative programme I can use?

thanx ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    whenever I edit a rom using GoldMap I always end up with numerous glitches in the game. these usually include:

-the ability to walk through signs
    -the ability to walk through trees
    -getting stuck near head-butt trees

If no-one can help me with these problems, can someone reccomend an alternative programme I can use?

thanx ^_^

Which version of goldmap are you using?

Years
  • how do you make a trainer battle script with a trainer each time you talk to it he will battle you i used this script but now the wont even battle me

#org 0x1AB476
    trainerbattle 0x0 0xEC 0x0 0x81C2D19 0x818783E
    msgbox 0x8187852 '"I am the ma..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

#org 0x1C2D19
    = You can call me master Django
    #org 0x18783E
    = You are the next pokemon master
    #org 0x187852
    = I was the elite four champion once

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Little girl in Emerald

In pokemon emerald, there is a little girl in Rustburo City who is sick, or soomethin. Do any of you know what you have to say to her, and if you can change her script/text?

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • When I try to import a new tileset to my emerald rom, the load option in advancemap is grayed out(unclickable). Is there a specific folder I have to insert the tileset into?

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • decompress in battle sprites

is there a way to decompress the in-battle sprites of trainers and the main character so you can edit them in a programme like TLP? I don't understand Meowth's GFX Inserter and keep getting this message when I try to open AGIXP: 'System Error &H80070485 (-214702379).' so I'm looking for another way. Can anyone help me?

Years
  • if i creat a new cave entrance you can't enter it i set it to unknown 03 and you can only enter it at unkown 00 with a normal door if you are inside you can't exit the cave the exit is on water in Fire Red

Years
  • I just exported Team Magma Grunt's sprite from a clean Pokémon Ruby ROM, and then imported it in the same ROM, replacing Brendan's sprite. I clicked "Write to ROM", and selected everything except "Auto abort if new data is bigger". When I started my ROM and slected "New Game", this is what I got:
    *h*t*t*p*:*/*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*.*i*m*a*g*e*s*h*a*c*k*.*u*s*/*i*m*g*3*2*4*/*5*6*7*1*/*t*e*m*p*o*r*a*r*y*x*z*9*.*p*n*g* <-- Remove the *'s, I had to use them because my post count somehow dropped below 15 AGAIN... (EDIT: Had to place them again cuz I edited this post)
    Can somebody please explain why this is happening? (I'm talking about the ROM, not the post o****)

EDIT: Another question.
    When I enter one of the houses in one of my cities in one of my hacks (=D) the border of the map is purple. How can I make it black again? (please give me the number or offset of the block I have to use to make it black again) And when I check the map in AM, I can see I used a black block. Then why is it purple in the game?

Last edited:

*Shinigami*

死神
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    Simple question, I played this hack a while ago, really likeed it then lost it ::CRY::, it was a Yellow re-make on this thread and I can't get the attachment to work, and since the creator hasn't been active since August, I thought I'd ask here:

(It's on the thread "Pokémon Lightning Yellow" Sorry, but I have less than 15 posts and can't post the URL)

So if anybody still had a copy, or could download it for me (If it's a problem withmy PC) That'd be great ^_^

I thought I'd ask here instead of necroposting (O_O)

Thanks in advance
    - Ryuu-san

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Slight problem with Overworld Sprite Editor. (Yes I used the search feature...)

When I try to import a sprite it pops up saying "Error during bitmap loading. The palette of the bitmap you are going to import is not a 16 color one." But the sprite had LESS than 16 colors on it. I even added more to make it 16 and it still said that.

Help?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back