• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are games getting too easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
Years
  • if you want a challenge try playing some of those old legend of zelda games now that was hard or some racing games or even some fast pace fighting games

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
  • Mabye they are getting easy for the younger players. but have you played the mother/earthbound games? at first the games are funny and lightharted for the young kids but later everithng gets hard,sad and freaky (especalliy Gyigas! :paranoid:) at the same time! (save for mother 3 which was not-very-happy/kiddish at the start and got even sadder.:(. ) I havent played mother1 but earthbound and mother 3 were incredibly hard! Its hard because of its battle system. and they made it easier by adding the rolling hp and pp counter but its still hard! mother and earthbound were hard in 1995-2003 and they are hard now. Dont even get me started on FF IV-VII and zelda,majora's mask. games other than these series meniond are geting easier and easier. so not all series are geting easier, some are geting harder!

Tk-mia

the Right Stuff
    Years
  • i'd say there getting harder, games these days require alot more expirence from other games and it can get though, trust me i know, prince of persia, hard game, for me at least

i think they should make games a little eaiser so you wont have to get stuck on a level for...um...FIVE YEARS!

Gamethief19

That's what she said.....
    Years
  • I'm not sure we can accurately judge if games are getting harder or not. Think of it this:

Let's say you play Halo 2 for the first time on a friend's XBox. And you get hooked, so you play Halo 2 with your friend a few times a week. Then Halo 3 is released. And you get an XBox along with Halo 3. You start playing and you find it easier because you've had all that practice from Halo 2.

We might think that games are getting easier, but that could just be because we have experience from other games that we've played that lets us jump in a new game and start OWNING right from the start.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • yeah i agree. most retro games were too hard to beat back in the days, but now, most games are getting too easy to complete. they have even become shorter also.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Please don't revive old threads. If you'd like to remake this thread so people can discuss, go right ahead, but we have a 30 day revival rule here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back