• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are Reshiram and Zekrom too easy to catch?

What should Reshiram and Zekrom's catch rate be?

Votes: 18 34.6%

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I find myself agreeing with Amore; they're a compulsory capture for those who don't fancy filling nearly 24 boxes with random Pokemon, much to my dismay, as I actually was going to try and leave the capture of them until later, but when you fill in the initial 8 boxes, only for that figure to then double on you, you kinda lose interest in doing so.

I thought the box limit didn't increase until after the main story ended and the National Dex was given to you (which would make sense, considering the fact that you're given the option of skipping the capture of Reshiram/Zekrom to try your luck later), but I guess not. Were the capture rate any lower, you would see infinite annoyance across the board; the near-impossibility of capturing them, coupled with the near impossibility of skipping them until later.

As Amore said, the whole deal revolving around the mascot Legendaries is different from before, with them reacting to the player, recognising them as a 'hero', but wishing to test their resolve; truly see that they are the chosen 'hero' they had long awaited when turmoil once again roared across the land. It's one of the things that, along with the story leading up to the finale, made me really enjoy the games more than previous Generations.

...but yes, I'd say that their slightly-larger-than-normal catch rate is fine, considering their role.

This. It says just about everything I was thinking.

The thing is, past legendaries were usually rampaging, they were ticked off about something(Giratina...?), or they were battling you because you were a crazy stalker and hunted them down. The difference is that Reshiram and Zekrom want you to capture them.

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    They are easy because ''Zekrom or Reshiram wants you to make him become your friend'' N says that right before the fight , that's why they made them easy

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I understand the plot reasons, but I would prefer that they were as hard to catch as other legends. Even if they wanted to be on your team, they could have gone the whole "but do you really want it?" route and been as tough to obtain as any other legend, or the game could have given them to you temporarily and had them fly off to the Dragonspiral Tower after the ending plays, so you could have a tough fight with them afterwards.

Katja

Years
    The catch rate is supposed to be easy because you need that pokemon for the story line...

sarious

Time Lord
    Years
    Well, you get a master ball and there's not many other pokemon you need that for, so I'd say yes.

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I personally think their catch rate should be 20, I mean, legends are SUPPOSED to be hard to catch, right? I seriously caught Reshiram in 4 Premier balls, it was easy. I'm guessing because the Tao dragons feel an attachment and want you to be their owner, and they wouldn't struggle as much with Pokeballs, the dragons are basically making it easy for you. Also plotline, plotline legends are always easy to catch, it's a bit of a tradition/

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    you know what? i'm glad they are so easy to catch, it really lifts the pain of forcing you to use your master ball or pushing your team to the edge of exhaustion trying to catch them like in the past games...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    It's a good thing that Zekrom and Reshiram are easy to catch, but yet again, you could say that they're too easy to catch. I agree that the catch rate shouldn't be 45, the same catch rate as Deino, but also, maybe I would've gone with 25, the same catch rate as Cryogonal and Basculin. It ups the toughness of catching the legendary without making it too hard, like Volcarona. Now while Volcarona isn't too hard to catch, making it that bit easier to catch, such as Cryogonal would suffice for me I think. :)

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Yeah, I think they made it so easy to catch them because it's like you were meant to catch them. (To fight N) so it doesn't bother me that they are easy to catch.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Seeing as I caught Reshiram in a Pokéball, I definitely think they were made too easy to catch. Though like Numbers said, they probably were made to, since you have to fight N afterward. Still I believe this "preschools" the game just as a lot of other things (like dialouge) do for B/W as well.

Sert908

Hi guys :)
    Years
    I don't think that their catch rate is too high. Considering that you can't really save before, and that right after, you have to face L and Ghetis. I think it's okay. However, the other legendaries were too easy to catch in my opinion.

Years
    I caught my Reshiram with a Pokéball, too, and only used 9 in the process. I can understand that they wanted to make it easy to catch - it's a part of the storyline, and it sets you up for an epic final battle with N (I mean, it even goes as far as pretty much forcing you to catch it) - but it was just ridiculous. I liked catching legendaries because they were hard to catch - it felt rewarding. That didn't feel that rewarding at all.

If I were them, I wouldn't lower it to 3. Maybe something a little bit higher, just to make it a little easier.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I used it on Reshiram because I wasn't in the mood to battle it lol! My brother caught Zekrom with a damn Pokeball! ~_~

Back