• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we all equal?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Nobody is equal, because equal means the same, and we're all different and unique.

We all merit equal rights, though, because we are all of the same species.

We shouldn't joke about someone not having the same rights either. It's hurtful, much like stereotypes.

The only right that I'm against is marriage rights for homosexuals. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Homosexual couples should adopt a similar tradition with a different name that grants them the exact same rights as a married couple, but doesn't, uh, (I don't know the word for this. Not "mock", not "infringe", but "go against") the religious ceremony of around three billion people. This new tradition would technically make homosexuals equal in status, and the terms "bride" and "groom" could still be used. We could just call it a "wedding" and keep it simple <_<

Meh. We're all equal though. No one is more favourable over another person.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I don't think so. God has his chosen people (The Jews) and his chosen land (Israel). If you don't fall into those categories, you're not as good.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • I don't believe we are all equal. Some of us have our strong points, and some of us have no strong points at all. I don't wish to sound mean or anything, but look at the mentally disabled people, and those aren't the only ones I mean. I hate saying that they aren't equal to everybody else, but it seems that they certainly aren't. Some people are better than others. Some have good points/bad points. Some are near-perfect. Others are horrible. It's just the way we are made.

As for equal rights, I believe we should have that.

Years
  • In an ideal world we all would be, but we aren't be it down to anything some people are just better off due to good looks/intelligence/power/money/luck.

Of course if this raises the issue of communism which is great -on paper-, not so much in practice.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Should we be? Yes.
    Are we? No.

That's all I'm saying on the situation.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • No, what the heck? We all have our advantages and disadvantages in life, but some have more disadvantages than advantages, and vice-versa.

But as someone basically said, if we all had unity we could help each other make up for their disadvantages, then we might be able to be considered equal.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think it's ridiculous that people actually believe everyone is equal.

Just goes to show you how ignorant the people in this world can be, I guess.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    People are supposed to be equal, but no one is treated is as such.
    e
    My friend brought up a point about equality for women. He said "You have one of two choices, stop campaigning to be equal, or stop camplaining when we treat you as equals" That is to say, things like "you can't hit a girl," or "ladies first"

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I think it's ridiculous that people actually believe everyone is equal
    im pretty sure "everyone is of equal value" is what they're getting at.

obviously we're all ~unique individuals~ with different preferences and abilities, and despite what i said previously, i do believe everyone should be treated fairly.

it does frustrate me when people take racist jokes and the like seriously and get offended. i don't understand why it's not okay to acknowledge our differences lightheartedly. it's the sensitive people that make life miserable ;c

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Everyone has a certain uniquness with make them; them. However, we all are not 'equal' but we treat each other 'equaly' so people do not get put down, or looked down upon from others in which something they don't have. Rights for people without diabilities should be equal not matter what, they should not change for the rich or wealthy since they already have what they need. But in the end we can be all equal as human beings but not as ourselves and our personalities.

Children and adults with diabilities should have different rights than others who do not, since in order for them to thrive in the world they need different rights to help them achiece what we acchieved when we first were born.

Sexuality and religon should have equal rights to since not one religon is better than the other nor should other people discriminate sexulatiy because of the personal opinion they have. There have been alot of things that have been terrible over which religon is better.

- I wish to not cause any drama or offence, sorry if I have.

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I believe one's natural rights(freedom of speech, assembly, etc.)are universal, and should be applied equally. Beyond that, no. Not everyone is built equally, or has equal abilities. That is an undeniable fact. I'm not saying people can't become more, but everyone has a unique ability level and there's a limit on how far they can get.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • i remembered this quote from code geass, so i thought i'd bring it up
    (not saying that i completely agree with it)

Charles zi Britannia said:
    All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! What became of the EU, who claimed that all are equal? It is in constant conflict because its tenets go against human nature!

some parts are irrelevant, as it is from an anime with a storyline

but i agree with the statements in bold

Years
  • The concept of equality is laughable really.
    Its just a bit ridiculous.
    Its a fact that nobody is equal to anyone else. Equality cant just come around by someone with a magic wand, and even if it could, how would it be enforced.
    Its a terrible idea.
    I know for a fact that Im better than alot of people, and on the other end of the scale I know that alot of people are better than me. Im happy with the current arrangement of inequality and segregation.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Honestly, I'd say we're not equal. Look at those starving people in Africa. No offense to anyone, but they're basically like monkeys. Well, actually, monkeys work better to find food and stuff, so... :x It's not about their race, they just don't seem to function well. I mean it's not like a "LOLOL BLACK PEOPLE ARE LESS IMPORTANT THAN WHITE PEOPLE" thing, I mean, look at Bill Cosby.

Disability obviously makes someone unequal. I mean, a brain-dead person is obviously less able to do stuff than a normal person.

I dunno. I'm gonna stop now before I get into trouble, I'm sure people will take this all the wrong way and be offended >__>
    I actually agree with this, sort of. The best thing, though, about the Africans being less fortunate than us, is they don't end up relying on material possessions. They live on literally a dollar a day, some of them. Some don't even make money at all. However, if you look at them, they're always smiling, always happy.

No. We're not all equal. In terms of respect, yes, we should all be equal. In terms of everything else, we're not. People have it less fortunate than others, and that's how life runs. To be perfectly honest, in my opinion, I think we all have the power to make everyone equal, at least in terms of money and respect. The Government won't allow it, though. Really, they spend money on the stupidest of things, like new computers and more roads, and forget about the starving children and families in third-world countries.

we were all born/created equal, but mankind's wicked nature segregates all.
    Never. Not everyone is born equally. People born to starving parents, people born without limbs, people born with down syndrome or other mental disabilities. How is that equal to a perfectly healthy baby, with perfectly healthy parents who have a strong income? Some kids are born on the streets, for god sakes.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    IMO, the only things that set us apart are what goes on in our brains and responses to situations.

Back