• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we too soft?

Zodkiel

The True Despair
    Years
    My apologies, I guess I just thought jokes were supposed to be funny or witty :)

Oh but jokes about Tumblr are all the same, so Zodkiel isn't trying to make people laugh. Zodkiel doesn't make jokes for anyones amusement but her own, but people take everything too literal. Maybe they are just more dense than Zodkiel thought. -_-

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Oh but jokes about Tumblr are all the same, so Zodkiel isn't trying to make people laugh. Zodkiel doesn't make jokes for anyones amusement but her own, but people take everything too literal. Maybe they are just more dense than Zodkiel thought. -_-

Please don't type in the third person, you're not a poorly written anime trope.

Look, this isn't a "jokey" thread, or a "jokey" topic. This is supposed to be about legitimate debate pertaining to actual subjects and issues. Maybe the treehouse subforum is more for you?

Zodkiel

The True Despair
    Years
    Please don't type in the third person, you're not a poorly written anime trope.

Look, this isn't a "jokey" thread, or a "jokey" topic. This is supposed to be about legitimate debate pertaining to actual subjects and issues. Maybe the treehouse subforum is more for you?

Zodkiel doesn't care what you say, she talks in the third person because she gets bored of talking in first.

Zod still cares not for this, she will joke wherever, and whenever. No matter how serious the subject, Zodkiel laughs at them because they are all so stupid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You want Zodkiel to discuss this matter seriously? Yes, society has become weaker. She would explain how horribly pathetic humanity is, but she would get bored. Just like she's bored of you and this conversation now.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    She would explain how horribly pathetic humanity is, but she would get bored. Just like she's bored of you and this conversation now.

Society hasn't become 'weaker'. We're living longer, our average intelligence far outweighs our ancestors and we're making incredible strides in both social and scientific fields. We're at the strongest we've ever been.

Humanity isn't pathetic, although, without being rude, I wouldn't expect someone who's only 17 to have a well rounded set of life experiences to really pass an accurate judgement on the matter.

Feel free to try and explain your standpoint(s), or go back to making bomb ass SJW 'jokes' that even /pol/ have grown tired of. I don't really mind either way.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Society hasn't become 'weaker'. We're living longer, our average intelligence far outweighs our ancestors and we're making incredible strides in both social and scientific fields. We're at the strongest we've ever been.

Humanity isn't pathetic, although, without being rude, I wouldn't expect someone who's only 17 to have a well rounded set of life experiences to really pass an accurate judgement on the matter.
    Does all that really mean humanity is "stronger" though? Idk I kinda feel that everyone here has varying definitions of what "soft" is and maybe not everyone's on the exact same page. I'd also argue that humanity is indeed a smidge pathetic, but I think that's a separate discussion.

I also wanna say that Zodkiel here seems to be playing the role of Monokuma here to me

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Does all that really mean humanity is "stronger" though? Idk I kinda feel that everyone here has varying definitions of what "soft" is and maybe not everyone's on the exact same page. I'd also argue that humanity is indeed a smidge pathetic, but I think that's a separate discussion.

Well, herein lies the real problem. We all have a varied idea of what 'soft' is. I'd definitely argue we're stronger than we were before simply because of our progress and survival, but that might not meet another's definition.

I don't know who that is haha

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
    Idk I kinda feel that everyone here has varying definitions of what "soft" is and maybe not everyone's on the exact same page.

This is what should've been brought into focus much earlier into the discussion.

At a very superficial level, our current generation has a lot of grievances about a lot of things. This may make someone say society has "gone soft". Well, as knowledge and awareness of the world around us and the embedded human condition accumulates, it's only natural we'd have more and more stuff to worry about. There was a time when people didn't worry that much about serious infectious diseases, because there's only so much you could do to prevent (much less cure) them. Today we worry much more about them because there are certain measures we can take to prevent them. Can this be a ground for saying this generation has "gone soft" because they worry about preventable losses?

That's what it ultimately boils down to- not the amount of grievances, but whether the grievances are legitimate. Do these accurately diagnose important problems of society? Are the usual ways of raising awareness about them action-guiding in a positive way? Or are they mere cry wolves, manufactured grievances unintentionally designed to steer attention away from more important issues?

These are the questions we need to settle first. The answer to whether we are soft or not will naturally follow.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years

Feel free to try and explain your standpoint(s), or go back to making bomb ass SJW 'jokes' that even /pol/ have grown tired of. I don't really mind either way.
    That depends on how you define strength. Most debates are actually relative on specific definitions. For example, it seems to me that you define strength as longevity and mental power. However, you are mistaken severly in the latter point. Our intelligence is not somehow higher then our ancestors, not by a long shot. You either meant knowledge or you are mistaken. Rather, we have a body of work that we can continue to improve upon, that was started possibly 600 years ago during the renaissance. The printing machine was created and from that point, society as a whole has been on an upward rise, basing itself on the work of the latter generations. The U.S constitution, for example, was based on previous works such as the Magna Carta and the Indian confederation. Since I am on mobile, for clarification, that is native American. Now, the technology that we have today is based on a progressive work from the industrial age, and has progressed ever sense. Computers, touch pads, and all these gadgets seem so unique, and so other worldly to previous generations works, that they make us look far more intelligent then we are.

Now you cannot say "we are at the strongest we've ever been" without ignoring all of our problems. AIDS, cancer, etc, did not exist in past generations, and things like hunting for food, in society as a whole, do not apply to us in return. But, again, debates are relative, and its what you define as strength that is the debate here.

What stregth, exactly are you are getting at? I believe the previous author, though I do not speak for them, is basing the word pathetic on our crumbling infrastructure and legal system. Who knows? But, no, I dont think we are stronger, and here is why: We can hardly take care of ourselves.

With the way things look in the US, even basic things, like hunting, are largely forgotten, at the very least in major cities. Cities of course have always had markets, but the majority of people could hunt. Today, people are very afraid of knives and guns because these things scare them and they are confused by them. Many people are weaker in the sense that they don't assert the rights they have. They give all control to police, who they hope have their backs. But, they cant take care of themselves.

That is what I base my strength on, the ability to take care of ones self. With the system we are in, minimum wage doesn't cover it.

Noe, going back to the soft or hard part, again, I say we are soft. We are soft because we rely on others before ourselves, ad THAT is the problem. We are so connected to this that we can't handle ourselves.

Thanks for reading!

This is what should've been brought into focus much earlier into the discussion.

At a very superficial level, our current generation has a lot of grievances about a lot of things. This may make someone say society has "gone soft". Well, as knowledge and awareness of the world around us and the embedded human condition accumulates, it's only natural we'd have more and more stuff to worry about. There was a time when people didn't worry that much about serious infectious diseases, because there's only so much you could do to prevent (much less cure) them. Today we worry much more about them because there are certain measures we can take to prevent them. Can this be a ground for saying this generation has "gone soft" because they worry about preventable losses?

That's what it ultimately boils down to- not the amount of grievances, but whether the grievances are legitimate. Do these accurately diagnose important problems of society? Are the usual ways of raising awareness about them action-guiding in a positive way? Or are they mere cry wolves, manufactured grievances unintentionally designed to steer attention away from more important issues?

These are the questions we need to settle first. The answer to whether we are soft or not will naturally follow.
    "Today we worry much more about them because there are certain measures we can take to prevent them." No, sorry, but totally untrue. Not only can you not prove your point, as you have no idea what people hundreds of years thought, but I also have.counter proof that say that they did worry quite a bit about getting sick. Lets not forget that smallpox was a epidemic not 100 years ago. It was a major, worldwide epidemic hundreds of years ago. People wouldn't go near people with the disease, there was no, as I infer from you comment, something like "oh, John, seems your sick. Hmm, well, I can't prevent this, so guess I better get close/hold you!" Wrong. Prevention was staying away from people.

When the black plague was rampant, they literally burned all closes with the disease, so that it wouldn't spread. So, there was indeed prevention of the disease, albeit crude to a syringe, and there was definitely fear over getting sick.

The rest I agree with. It is the same point I made,which is how one defines "soft" and "hard" "strength and "weakness". I believe strength is standing up for your freedom, and when I see people give it away over a thin threat like "terrorism" it makes me sick. Such people who choose to give up freedom for security, deserve neither and will lose both. I will keep my freedom, and that's what I define in this instance as "strength" or "hard"

So, in such a context, people are stupid, pathetic, and they are definitely "soft".

EDIT before it gets started, I don't feel this is a double post because it is a response to two different posters. Nah, if you feel like merging, do as you must, but don't delete I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
    No, sorry, but totally untrue. Not only can you not prove your point, as you have no idea what people hundreds of years thought, but I also have.counter proof that say that they did worry quite a bit about getting sick. Lets not forget that smallpox was a epidemic not 100 years ago. It was a major, worldwide epidemic hundreds of years ago. People wouldn't go near people with the disease, there was no, as I infer from you comment, something like "oh, John, seems your sick. Hmm, well, I can't prevent this, so guess I better get close/hold you!" Wrong. Prevention was staying away from people.

I don't know what in my post led you to the conclusion that I was saying there was absolutely nothing that people worried about when it came to disease prevention. I'm finishing up my second degree in microbiology, so I definitely know a little about historical perceptions of infectious diseases prior to the advent of germ theory. The point of my example was that we are objectively in a better position today when it comes to disease pathogenesis and prevention. We are aware of variables that may contribute to disease spread and prevention that our ancestors simply had no idea about. We now make a big fuss about washing hands, sterilizing equipments, vaccination and so on because of no other reason than our increased knowledge about the inner mechanisms of disease transmission. Many of these variables were simply non-factors for people way back when, simply because these weren't always acknowledged as control points.

You can make this point with any example. As our knowledge progresses about different problems we face in the world- disease, climate change, negative societal impacts etc, we identify more and more variables, more and more ways we can control their effects on us. The net result of increased awareness is increased concern, which translates basically into increased grievances. This is not at all to say that our generation have more issues to cry about than the generations before, but only that we have new, legitimate grievances that may not have been available to our ancestors.

While global awareness of mental health disorders like depression is on the rise, we don't have a solid handle on all the associated tangibles. It's a safe bet to say our knowledge about these issues would increase, we can pinpoint specific genetic, physiological causes contributing to these and other diseases. When that time comes, with each of the points of disease development we can control will come new concerns, and hence new grievances. People with those grievances wouldn't necessarily be 'softer' than us- indeed, if we could know what they would hopefully know, we would share their grievances.

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
    I don't know what in my post led you to the conclusion that I was saying there was absolutely nothing that people worried about when it came to disease prevention. I'm finishing up my second degree in microbiology, so I definitely know a little about historical perceptions of infectious diseases prior to the advent of germ theory. The point of my example was that we are objectively in a better position today when it comes to disease pathogenesis and prevention. We are aware of variables that may contribute to disease spread and prevention that our ancestors simply had no idea about. We now make a big fuss about washing hands, sterilizing equipments, vaccination and so on because of no other reason than our increased knowledge about the inner mechanisms of disease transmission. Many of these variables were simply non-factors for people way back when, simply because these weren't always acknowledged as control points.

You can make this point with any example. As our knowledge progresses about different problems we face in the world- disease, climate change, negative societal impacts etc, we identify more and more variables, more and more ways we can control their effects on us. The net result of increased awareness is increased concern, which translates basically into increased grievances. This is not at all to say that our generation have more issues to cry about than the generations before, but only that we have new, legitimate grievances that may not have been available to our ancestors.

While global awareness of mental health disorders like depression is on the rise, we don't have a solid handle on all the associated tangibles. It's a safe bet to say our knowledge about these issues would increase, we can pinpoint specific genetic, physiological causes contributing to these and other diseases. When that time comes, with each of the points of disease development we can control will come new concerns, and hence new grievances. People with those grievances wouldn't necessarily be 'softer' than us- indeed, if we could know what they would hopefully know, we would share their grievances.
    the thing that I said was untrue was your claim of this "Today we worry much more about them because there are certain measures we can take to prevent them." What, then, was the definition of worry here? Study? Or actual fear? I don't profess to know anything much about microbiology, but I do know something of how humans think. To make a statement like worry, which I took in this case to be actual fear, as having a less of an impact to the past generations is bold and untrue. However, if you meant study, they you would be right with a different set of grievances. However, how much do you know about the study of the black plague when it went rampant? How do we know that they didn't worry more about it then say you do about, idk, the common cold? That was what I attacked, not specific grievences.

As for the soft or hard argument, I don't think its a really good topic, simply because its too ambiguous. With other topics, you have foundations to build on. But to use a metaphor for this one, it's like some one in California, someone in New York, someone in Italy and someone in Japan debating what time of day it is. They are all different perspectives, and you can discuss it all you'd like, but it'd be a useless argument, because one is arguing in favor of dusk, the other in dawn, the other at day, and so on.

Yep, thanks for reading!

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years

*puts face in hands*

Don't... don't do this. You misinterpreted what form of context the word 'soft' was being used. Soft being based upon whether or not you can be called a glass eyed cow and not react to it.

Example: I say "you have a dumb opinion" which is totally within my legal standing to do so, however, you get upset rather than ignore me or take the jab civilly.

So you say "oh yeah? Well you're a sexist piece of shit and a racist too. I don't know why anyone let's you exist! I'm calling your boss to have you fired and I'm calling the police too because you touched my chest!"

People cry and complain and try to pass legislation that basically reinstates the Nazi SS and their Gestapo. The thought police are real, and they want safe spaces.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I'm not sure I understand the correlation between these articles and "society is not too soft"

If society is getting softer, and everyone is getting treated like "special snowflake" and we have to "bend over backwards" then we shouldnt be seeing massive spikes in homelessness, poverty etc. Society isn't getting softer, its getting harder.

*puts face in hands*

Don't... don't do this. You misinterpreted what form of context the word 'soft' was being used. Soft being based upon whether or not you can be called a glass eyed cow and not react to it.

Example: I say "you have a dumb opinion" which is totally within my legal standing to do so, however, you get upset rather than ignore me or take the jab civilly.

So you say "oh yeah? Well you're a sexist piece of **** and a racist too. I don't know why anyone let's you exist! I'm calling your boss to have you fired and I'm calling the police too because you touched my chest!"

People cry and complain and try to pass legislation that basically reinstates the Nazi SS and their Gestapo. The thought police are real, and they want safe spaces.

Oh you're talking about things that only happen on the internet and your misunderstanding of how real life works.

Maybe you should stop watching so many Bearing vids, because you're clearly living in a fantasy world if you think anything like this is a regular, day to day, occurrence in a society that is so hard that we have people killing themselves because they can no longer afford to live. People are killing themselves because they have nothing left and you're honestly suggesting that society is too soft? Absolutely unreal.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    If society is getting softer, and everyone is getting treated like "special snowflake" and we have to "bend over backwards" then we shouldnt be seeing massive spikes in homelessness, poverty etc. Society isn't getting softer, its getting harder.

Oh you're talking about things that only happen on the internet and your misunderstanding of how real life works.

Maybe you should stop watching so many Bearing vids, because you're clearly living in a fantasy world if you think anything like this is a regular, day to day, occurrence in a society that is so hard that we have people killing themselves because they can no longer afford to live. People are killing themselves because they have nothing left and you're honestly suggesting that society is too soft? Absolutely unreal.

Tight. Because I totally didn't see a black woman screaming at a white man after she stole from his shop. She totally didn't whip him with a charging cable (also known as a switch in this purpose) and I didn't see her take off her panties and lift up her skirt.

Must all be in my imagination. So fuck me, right? You know the best part about this? The cops did show up and she wasn't even on anything (not hammered, pissed, drunk). So she screams and yells about police brutality even though they just cuff her after she smacked one in the face. Tight. I did not see this in Anaheim. My eyes are lying to me. This is perhaps one of the more milder offenses I've seen.

You want to get fucking snarky with me you better be prepared for my treasure trove of bullshit I've had to deal with over the years. Kids are soft. You must always be on your toes about speaking out. Your job is at stake. Your very way of life is in jeopardy because some can't handle the truth of the world. You claim a spiked rate in the homeless?

Pray tell, if a majority of them are homeless vets, what does it say of the processes? Again, like I have stated before in the past, we have not seen a dramatic decrease in our general population.

Once again, and let me be clearer this time. Soft = easy to hurt feelings. Hard = harder to hurt feelings/skeptical.

You bringing up this bullshit about the homeless and discounting what I said (because I obviously hate the homeless because I don't bring them up in a topic that has absolutely no play for the homeless pop.)

You think the world is out to get you? You think that I just dismiss the homeless epidemic entirely and that I'm a selfish asshole? Fine. You know what? I have run out of rope to lasso the crazy allegations flung at me.

You constantly misinterpret what I believe to know as soft and hard. You think soft means easy and hard means, well, hard. I know that not to be the case as the OP meant the argument to be seen the way I view it. My way, where soft is hurt feelings and hard meaning IDGAF.

You have seen the argument, read the comments, and still want to shove this deal about the homeless down our throats. We get it. You feel for the homeless.

But what about all those that abuse the system? You haven't begun to address those that constantly pump out kids into a life of poverty specifically for that welfare check. Or those that aren't even supposed to receive aid because they're illegal immigrants. I pay into a system that is helping those that harm. I am sick and tired of being blamed and belittled for pointing out that groups like BLM and the 3rd wave feminists propagate hatred and inequality. Those that shout death to cops because they didn't do their damn research or care that the 'victim' was belligerent and indeed armed. Or the feminists who label the film UP as a misogynistic tool or that No Man's Sky is a disgusting, homophobic, and unfair to females regardless of it actually stating the PC's gender.

We seem to be pulled into the land of make believe and double standards. Where if there is a dirty cop, they're all dirty cops but when there is a huge amount of evidence to debunk this and they totally dismiss this.

But when we see huge piles of these double standards where if you don't like a film you're a woman hating piece of shit and should die. But if you fire back and say "hey that's not true" you get demonized because you had the gall to speak up for yourself.

These standards exist to label you or I anything they damn well want. They want me to kill my friends simply because of their skin color. You can't speak out or you're evil. Black people can't be racists and that's the new fact that MTV spews and others like them. Political parties latch onto these groups and label them heroes. How is this not an issue? When you have people in the streets shouting death to cops, twittering about how all whites need to die and more colourful language.

Where these dumb ass nights (nights, because niggas is too graphic) want to abolish the police force, kill cops, kill whites and demand reparations for something that happened long ago and no one barking about this was even privy to those times.

These people are dangerous. They have rallied major news outlets, political parties, and celebrities into their midst. Speaking out against Sharia is racist, even though you can marry an infant and fuck her when she's younger than ten. It's misogynistic to argue that maybe some fat assess should cover up, because no one wants to see their lard ass, and when you say something about it you're a pig by default.

But they clamour how you create attractive videogame characters in scantily clad uniforms. But no one bats an eye when a man has a magic sword and ridse a green tiger in his underwear. It's okay to objective men as much as you want but not women at all under any circumstances. The same people defend a female pedophile and condemn the male pedophile. I condemn both. And for that, I'm misogynistic.

Sarkeesian who claims everything is racist, sexist, misogynistic and lies about her own history. She has millions of followers. Are these people fake? Do they not exist? Are they machines? Then how is she not a threat to you or I with her lies? She misrepresents everything she talks about and narrows the scope to non issues. And she is one person. Rioters in the streets. Looters. Property damage. Threats to artists from feminists. And twitter itself has double standards. Again, when a user threatened the head of No Man's Sky, to kill him, his family and friends. Twitter just said there wasn't anything said that they took issue with. But the fat black bitch from Ghostbusters can say whatever the fuck she wants with no reprisal and when someone mocks her without threatening her they are permanent banned.

Cops are blamed for traffic accidents that they clearly didn't cause. Body cams are stolen from officers and on tape we have people lying about police officers. Sure, we have people lie about the opposite side, yes. But what we don't have is people talking that it is okay to kill black people, or kill feminists and further more we don't have active shooters specifically targeting these people 'just because'.

I am sick and tired of this shit. I am not a ****** (I was actually called a ****** about three weeks ago, while I was in a krispy kreme), I am not a misogynist, I am not a racist. But all of these millions of people think otherwise. They breed hatred, they promote violence and but "oh, they're only a small minority of our cause" Then why in the hell can't they see why dirty cops are in the extreme minority? Why would someone that graduated high school be dumb enough to become a cop, specifically to commit murders in front of a fucking camera? Wouldn't it just be easier to just don a ski mask and say "Give me the keys you mother fucking cocksucker" (the usual suspects)?

These people have been coddled to the point where they want to get things for free without earning them.

(Side note time, pokemon related) I visited my youngest brother about a week ago. He was watching Pokémon, Indigo league of all things. Even Ash, the protagonist, didn't want the Cerulean Gym badge without earning it (honestly they really should have just handed it over any way because, you know, pikachu)

So even the shows these people grew up watching say earning something is better than just receiving something without working at it. They're told they can do anything they want, and that's the problem. They all can't be astronauts, or engineers, or firefighters. Would you feel safe if your building is burning down around your ears and the only one who can save you is a 400 pound fat guy who can even fireman carry a turkey?

We can't all be what we want to be. We have to make sacrifices and let go of certain aspirations in favor of realistic expectations. Not everyone can be the very best, like no one ever was (unless you dope. Doping makes you the very best.) That is a ludicrous aspiration. If everyone is super, than no one will be. (The Incredibles). We can't see past our own noses because your teachers give you a gold star just for showing up. Being the very best? Well, "There Can Only Be One" (Highlander)

Sure, there is an education problem, a homeless epidemic I wholly accept that. But don't you dare waggle your fucking cheetah fingers in my goddamn face and say I completely discount the issues. My mother was a teacher, and she instilled a value in me that I cannot explain very well. Save for the fact that before I even had a paying job, I was donating my weekends to building houses, donating to food drives and food banks, helping out extra during Christmases. Helping out events commissions and helping unisef, the salvation army, and the American Red Cross. Donating to blood drives because I am O-. Donating my belongings that I worked hard for to the goodwill, rather than throw them away or sell them even though I kept my belongings like new.

To sit there and point and blame is easy. So go ahead. Point away. But don't you ever say that I don't feel for those less fortunate. I've been there. I've been on the street at a young age. I know what it's like to wonder where dinner is going to come from. Asking for change. Asking "why us"? Because life is shit. It has always been shit. My grandmother used to say that "life socks, then you die". And that is absolutely true. There is always inequalities, prejudices and injustices. But these people inject so much hate and devalue what I stand for, what America stands for. And that irritates the fuck out of me.

Having my families service belittled 'just because'. Well I'very always given a fair shake, until I'm bit in the hand. I always try to help. He'll, I still drive around with gallon zip local bags in a cooler with water, some cash and food in em because I know life sucks. I hand them to those that need to look at the brighter side of life.

But when I see these dumb shit fuckers chanting hate in colleges that they attend, it makes my gorge rise and my ire to show. You should be offended at how these rich bitch whiny ass fuckers want you to suffer, want the American judicial system to breakdown and wilt, want to throw due process under the bus.

The people on this forum probably know me as that gun nut wack job (I don't know, really. Just an assumption from a few of the arguments I've made) and I have said a few extreme things that clearly need to be recorded. The point is I know. I know, because I care to know. I look up what I do not know and I have all the tools at my disposal to learn. But these kids, who whine and cry, and prevent other students from going to their places of learning but still want safe spaces? Their very hypocrisy shines through their sheer stupidity.

They downright refuse to look at the data, the facts, the truth. I stated not too long ago that violent crimes are up. Why? Population increase, but murders are at their lowest. How is that? Why is that? I want to know. These screamers, and shit throwers do not.

They want to claim to be the victim. To shout down at those with differing opinions. To craft a system that only they see as just. To kill a whole group simply because of their heritage that was by no way their choice. That their very existence is a sin against their lord and creator, the flying spaghetti monster (a joke. Keeping things light.).

So. If they want only a certain group to succeed. To get things for free. To deny a group of people access simply because of their skin. To bar them from activities and society.

Adolf Hitler would clap his hands at the sheer success of their blindedness. To follow the leader right off the fucking cliff. They refuse to see the parallels between themselves and the figurehead of the systematic genocide of an entire group of people, which they clearly promote. A man who brilliantly realized the potential of propaganda, and utilized it to its utmost success. These people, for all intents and purposes, most likely resemble the failed artist, furher, and reichstein of Nazi Germany.

They, and so many others are absolutely blind to this. The lines nearly overlap eachother and it's eerily similar to the rise of Adolf's power, holy be thine name (just in case somebody's religion surrounds Hitler as a saint. I wouldn't want to offend the Sharia rapist apologists now, would I?) And the BLM movement.

The social justice movement is poisonous, and I will never, ever condone it. They are liars, hypocrites, thieves and promote hatred and separation of the races. They are disgusting, to say the least.

Needless to say, I am still pretty excited about pokemon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Tight. Because I totally didn't see a black woman screaming at a white man after she stole from his shop. She totally didn't whip him with a charging cable (also known as a switch in this purpose) and I didn't see her take off her panties and lift up her skirt.

Must all be in my imagination. So **** me, right? You know the best part about this? The cops did show up and she wasn't even on anything (not hammered, pissed, drunk). So she screams and yells about police brutality even though they just cuff her after she smacked one in the face. Tight. I did not see this in Anaheim. My eyes are lying to me. This is perhaps one of the more milder offenses I've seen.

You want to get ****ing snarky with me you better be prepared for my treasure trove of bull**** I've had to deal with over the years. Kids are soft. You must always be on your toes about speaking out. Your job is at stake. Your very way of life is in jeopardy because some can't handle the truth of the world. You claim a spiked rate in the homeless?

Pray tell, if a majority of them are homeless vets, what does it say of the processes? Again, like I have stated before in the past, we have not seen a dramatic decrease in our general population.

Once again, and let me be clearer this time. Soft = easy to hurt feelings. Hard = harder to hurt feelings/skeptical.

You bringing up this bull**** about the homeless and discounting what I said (because I obviously hate the homeless because I don't bring them up in a topic that has absolutely no play for the homeless pop.)

You think the world is out to get you? You think that I just dismiss the homeless epidemic entirely and that I'm a selfish asshole? Fine. You know what? I have run out of rope to lasso the crazy allegations flung at me.

You constantly misinterpret what I believe to know as soft and hard. You think soft means easy and hard means, well, hard. I know that not to be the case as the OP meant the argument to be seen the way I view it. My way, where soft is hurt feelings and hard meaning IDGAF.

You have seen the argument, read the comments, and still want to shove this deal about the homeless down our throats. We get it. You feel for the homeless.

But what about all those that abuse the system? You haven't begun to address those that constantly pump out kids into a life of poverty specifically for that welfare check. Or those that aren't even supposed to receive aid because they're illegal immigrants. I pay into a system that is helping those that harm. I am sick and tired of being blamed and belittled for pointing out that groups like BLM and the 3rd wave feminists propagate hatred and inequality. Those that shout death to cops because they didn't do their damn research or care that the 'victim' was belligerent and indeed armed. Or the feminists who label the film UP as a misogynistic tool or that No Man's Sky is a disgusting, homophobic, and unfair to females regardless of it actually stating the PC's gender.

We seem to be pulled into the land of make believe and double standards. Where if there is a dirty cop, they're all dirty cops but when there is a huge amount of evidence to debunk this and they totally dismiss this.

But when we see huge piles of these double standards where if you don't like a film you're a woman hating piece of **** and should die. But if you fire back and say "hey that's not true" you get demonized because you had the gall to speak up for yourself.

These standards exist to label you or I anything they damn well want. They want me to kill my friends simply because of their skin color. You can't speak out or you're evil. Black people can't be racists and that's the new fact that MTV spews and others like them. Political parties latch onto these groups and label them heroes. How is this not an issue? When you have people in the streets shouting death to cops, twittering about how all whites need to die and more colourful language.

Where these dumb ass nights (nights, because niggas is too graphic) want to abolish the police force, kill cops, kill whites and demand reparations for something that happened long ago and no one barking about this was even privy to those times.

These people are dangerous. They have rallied major news outlets, political parties, and celebrities into their midst. Speaking out against Sharia is racist, even though you can marry an infant and **** her when she's younger than ten. It's misogynistic to argue that maybe some fat assess should cover up, because no one wants to see their lard ass, and when you say something about it you're a pig by default.

But they clamour how you create attractive videogame characters in scantily clad uniforms. But no one bats an eye when a man has a magic sword and ridse a green tiger in his underwear. It's okay to objective men as much as you want but not women at all under any circumstances. The same people defend a female pedophile and condemn the male pedophile. I condemn both. And for that, I'm misogynistic.

Sarkeesian who claims everything is racist, sexist, misogynistic and lies about her own history. She has millions of followers. Are these people fake? Do they not exist? Are they machines? Then how is she not a threat to you or I with her lies? She misrepresents everything she talks about and narrows the scope to non issues. And she is one person. Rioters in the streets. Looters. Property damage. Threats to artists from feminists. And twitter itself has double standards. Again, when a user threatened the head of No Man's Sky, to kill him, his family and friends. Twitter just said there wasn't anything said that they took issue with. But the fat black ***** from Ghostbusters can say whatever the **** she wants with no reprisal and when someone mocks her without threatening her they are permanent banned.

Cops are blamed for traffic accidents that they clearly didn't cause. Body cams are stolen from officers and on tape we have people lying about police officers. Sure, we have people lie about the opposite side, yes. But what we don't have is people talking that it is okay to kill black people, or kill feminists and further more we don't have active shooters specifically targeting these people 'just because'.

I am sick and tired of this ****. I am not a ****** (I was actually called a ****** about three weeks ago, while I was in a krispy kreme), I am not a misogynist, I am not a racist. But all of these millions of people think otherwise. They breed hatred, they promote violence and but "oh, they're only a small minority of our cause" Then why in the hell can't they see why dirty cops are in the extreme minority? Why would someone that graduated high school be dumb enough to become a cop, specifically to commit murders in front of a ****ing camera? Wouldn't it just be easier to just don a ski mask and say "Give me the keys you mother ****ing cocksucker" (the usual suspects)?

These people have been coddled to the point where they want to get things for free without earning them.

(Side note time, pokemon related) I visited my youngest brother about a week ago. He was watching Pokémon, Indigo league of all things. Even Ash, the protagonist, didn't want the Cerulean Gym badge without earning it (honestly they really should have just handed it over any way because, you know, pikachu)

So even the shows these people grew up watching say earning something is better than just receiving something without working at it. They're told they can do anything they want, and that's the problem. They all can't be astronauts, or engineers, or firefighters. Would you feel safe if your building is burning down around your ears and the only one who can save you is a 400 pound fat guy who can even fireman carry a turkey?

We can't all be what we want to be. We have to make sacrifices and let go of certain aspirations in favor of realistic expectations. Not everyone can be the very best, like no one ever was (unless you dope. Doping makes you the very best.) That is a ludicrous aspiration. If everyone is super, than no one will be. (The Incredibles). We can't see past our own noses because your teachers give you a gold star just for showing up. Being the very best? Well, "There Can Only Be One" (Highlander)

Sure, there is an education problem, a homeless epidemic I wholly accept that. But don't you dare waggle your ****ing cheetah fingers in my goddamn face and say I completely discount the issues. My mother was a teacher, and she instilled a value in me that I cannot explain very well. Save for the fact that before I even had a paying job, I was donating my weekends to building houses, donating to food drives and food banks, helping out extra during Christmases. Helping out events commissions and helping unisef, the salvation army, and the American Red Cross. Donating to blood drives because I am O-. Donating my belongings that I worked hard for to the goodwill, rather than throw them away or sell them even though I kept my belongings like new.

To sit there and point and blame is easy. So go ahead. Point away. But don't you ever say that I don't feel for those less fortunate. I've been there. I've been on the street at a young age. I know what it's like to wonder where dinner is going to come from. Asking for change. Asking "why us"? Because life is ****. It has always been ****. My grandmother used to say that "life socks, then you die". And that is absolutely true. There is always inequalities, prejudices and injustices. But these people inject so much hate and devalue what I stand for, what America stands for. And that irritates the **** out of me.

Having my families service belittled 'just because'. Well I'very always given a fair shake, until I'm bit in the hand. I always try to help. He'll, I still drive around with gallon zip local bags in a cooler with water, some cash and food in em because I know life sucks. I hand them to those that need to look at the brighter side of life.

But when I see these dumb **** ****ers chanting hate in colleges that they attend, it makes my gorge rise and my ire to show. You should be offended at how these rich ***** whiny ass ****ers want you to suffer, want the American judicial system to breakdown and wilt, want to throw due process under the bus.

The people on this forum probably know me as that gun nut wack job (I don't know, really. Just an assumption from a few of the arguments I've made) and I have said a few extreme things that clearly need to be recorded. The point is I know. I know, because I care to know. I look up what I do not know and I have all the tools at my disposal to learn. But these kids, who whine and cry, and prevent other students from going to their places of learning but still want safe spaces? Their very hypocrisy shines through their sheer stupidity.

They downright refuse to look at the data, the facts, the truth. I stated not too long ago that violent crimes are up. Why? Population increase, but murders are at their lowest. How is that? Why is that? I want to know. These screamers, and **** throwers do not.

They want to claim to be the victim. To shout down at those with differing opinions. To craft a system that only they see as just. To kill a whole group simply because of their heritage that was by no way their choice. That their very existence is a sin against their lord and creator, the flying spaghetti monster (a joke. Keeping things light.).

So. If they want only a certain group to succeed. To get things for free. To deny a group of people access simply because of their skin. To bar them from activities and society.

Adolf Hitler would clap his hands at the sheer success of their blindedness. To follow the leader right off the ****ing cliff. They refuse to see the parallels between themselves and the figurehead of the systematic genocide of an entire group of people, which they clearly promote. A man who brilliantly realized the potential of propaganda, and utilized it to its utmost success. These people, for all intents and purposes, most likely resemble the failed artist, furher, and reichstein of Nazi Germany.

They, and so many others are absolutely blind to this. The lines nearly overlap eachother and it's eerily similar to the rise of Adolf's power, holy be thine name (just in case somebody's religion surrounds Hitler as a saint. I wouldn't want to offend the Sharia rapist apologists now, would I?) And the BLM movement.

The social justice movement is poisonous, and I will never, ever condone it. They are liars, hypocrites, thieves and promote hatred and separation of the races. They are disgusting, to say the least.

Needless to say, I am still pretty excited about pokemon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Are we too soft?

You're living in a fantasy world. I work in aviation so I deal with people from all across the world and the people i see crying and bitching and demanding special treatment the most is middle aged white men. Not that that means anything because the personal encounters of one maintenance document controller doesn't reflect the entirety of Western society.

Well I guess that makes you the softest critter here then.

Literally, as far as I remember, I've addressed your nonsense the once, not constantly. Your definition of soft relates to individuals, not society. Society can't have it's feelings hurt "easily" because it doesn't have feelings, it's not a living thing. It's a construct. It can only be soft or hard in how it collectively reacts and treats situations and people.

CoffeeDrink

Years
    Tight. Just completely ignore the convenient fact that Americans are defending one of the most intolerant religions in the world. A religion that let's you marry and fuck a child. Tight. Since you didn't even address this, I'll just assume for all intents and purposes that you support the fuckers.

And why shouldn't I think that? You seem to have no issue firing back on others with your own ideology, but when someone brings up a drudge of the inane shit that people spew you crawl into a corner and fling shit like a coward monkey.

You have shown me no good reason to NOT decry these people. Why is that? Attacking me and saying I "live in a fantasy land" what the hell are you smoking? I have given you parables that align near precisely with the ideologies of the world's most infamous badguy and with you, mums the word.

If I live in some magical fairytale land chock full magical happiness, then why the fuck is my own back yard chock full of these bastard? Why can I fucking see them marching around and spitting on cops? Am I not seeing? Am I just blind? What is it? How is it that you can sit there and say well 'society is a construct, uh huh' and you missed the goddamn mark.

Who the hell makes the bulk of a society? Who in the great blue blazes makes a society? Certainly not the juniper trees, or the sand outside my door. Society, as a whole, is a functional human product. Not the by product of a group of frogs, or ants or whatever you think society means. Society by its very definition is made up of people. Society can't be a living thing? So society itself is static and cannot change? The very idea is absolutely absurd.

I live in the real world, where society decides as a collective, and in that society there are individuals that make society as it is and what it will be. Our society, is soft.

Wherever you have been for the past ten years I don't know, but I have seen the effects of a society that cannot handle itself. We have 'individuals' in our society that get offended at food. Hats. Flags. Words. The color of your skin. So much so that they will sue you, try to cost you your job, lively hood, think you should die simply because you live etc.

Society isn't 'just a thing'. You even stated that ..."society/everyone"... in your own posts. You "responded to me only the one time" You can't even count your posts against me yourself! I count three. Can you count? I can certainly count.

What amazes me is that you think a few million people is an inconsequential thing. There is a dangerous ideology that taints everything it touches and you ignore it completely.

When I spoke about double standards, this is exactly what I meant. Far be it from me to show up and smack my book in hand but you can do it all you want and everything you say is true and everyone else is a loony?

Give me a break.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Tight. Just completely ignore the convenient fact that Americans are defending one of the most intolerant religions in the world. A religion that let's you marry and **** a child. Tight. Since you didn't even address this, I'll just assume for all intents and purposes that you support the ****ers.

I can only assume you meant Christianity because to suggest American society en masse "defends" Islam is the single stupidest thing I've ever read.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/azeem-khan/racial-profiling-muslim_b_3303582.html

https://www.rt.com/usa/342701-ban-islam-mosque-vandalized/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpxl_Adf764

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHx21vr624Y

I can literally go on all day with this, this doesn't even touch on how the media uses buzzwords to further demonise Muslims (Every school shooter in US history is defined, by the media, as either a lone wolf, or mentally unstable,their race and religion is seldom ever mentioned. Evrey Muslim who commits a crime, even a minor one, their religion is front and center of any media attention to the incident) or how attacks on Muslims has skyrocketed over the West in the past few years. You're talking absolute bollocks. And also, I sincerely hope that blanked out word wasn't the racial slur I think it might have being.

And why shouldn't I think that? You seem to have no issue firing back on others with your own ideology, but when someone brings up a drudge of the inane **** that people spew you crawl into a corner and fling **** like a coward monkey.

You have shown me no good reason to NOT decry these people. Why is that? Attacking me and saying I "live in a fantasy land" what the hell are you smoking? I have given you parables that align near precisely with the ideologies of the world's most infamous badguy and with you, mums the word.

You've provided me with jack buddy, except for a slew of stories you can't back up. Again, fantasy world buddy. Give me something solid of give me a rest from your nonsense.

If I live in some magical fairytale land chock full magical happiness, then why the **** is my own back yard chock full of these bastard? Why can I ****ing see them marching around and spitting on cops? Am I not seeing? Am I just blind? What is it? How is it that you can sit there and say well 'society is a construct, uh huh' and you missed the goddamn mark.

Woah woah woah cowboy, what the heck is this bit even about? Are you flipping your tits because of immigrants, or because I said you live in a fantasy world? You need to calm down. If you're an American and not one of native descent you have absolutely no mandate to complain about immigration. I'm not even gonna touch the nonsense about the cops. The vast majority of US police depts behave poorly. The rest of the West sees them as a dangerous joke.

Who the hell makes the bulk of a society? Who in the great blue blazes makes a society? Certainly not the juniper trees, or the sand outside my door. Society, as a whole, is a functional human product. Not the by product of a group of frogs, or ants or whatever you think society means. Society by its very definition is made up of people. Society can't be a living thing? So society itself is static and cannot change? The very idea is absolutely absurd.

Thank you for that little tidbit Confucius. Society isn't a living thing, this isn't something that's up for debate. Society is not a living entity. It can change and update, so can my computer. That doesn't make it alive. I also never suggested Society couldn't change, nice try though.

I live in the real world

You should try stand up, I'd see you.

Our society, is soft.

nope.

Wherever you have been for the past ten years I don't know, but I have seen the effects of a society that cannot handle itself. We have 'individuals' in our society that get offended at food. Hats. Flags. Words. The color of your skin. So much so that they will sue you, try to cost you your job, lively hood, think you should die simply because you live etc.

I've been working, in the real world, with real people. Not sitting on /pol/ crying because the white man is the 'world's only victim'.

Society isn't 'just a thing'. You even stated that ..."society/everyone"... in your own posts. You "responded to me only the one time" You can't even count your posts against me yourself! I count three. Can you count? I can certainly count.

Sorry, I thought it was only the once. That's my bad. I guess you just weren't very memorable the first two times.

Yikes, just went through the thread. The comment you responded to was reply #2, which, you know, was the reply to the original accusation that i was constantly misinterpreting you, which in turn was a reply to my first reply to you. So no buckaroo, there weren't three prior comments. In fact, this is comment #3.

Maybe you shouldn't throw that big claim about being able to count around so freely?

What amazes me is that you think a few million people is an inconsequential thing. There is a dangerous ideology that taints everything it touches and you ignore it completely.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=world population

You're welcome.

When I spoke about double standards, this is exactly what I meant. Far be it from me to show up and smack my book in hand but you can do it all you want and everything you say is true and everyone else is a loony?

Not everyone pal, just you. If you don't want people to challenge your stances, don't post them on a debate forum. Go back to your echo chamber friends at /pol/, More your speed.

Give me a break.

You know, a soft society would :^)

Last edited:
    Back