• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You a Boy or Girl? -Year End 2006 Edition-

Are you a boy or girl?

• Total voters

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    One more for the females, which it seems like the community desperately needs more of in order to equalize the gender ratios...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    One more for the females, which it seems like the community desperately needs more of in order to equalize the gender ratios...
    It's been this way for a couple years now, but I must say it hasn't gotten worse since summer of 2005. xD; Thanks for voting ;o;

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    22sa, I know I've been lenient about this before, but once you've voted, you really should not be posting.

There were other people who posted, too...and does this mean discussion isn't allowed pertaining to the polls? No commenting on other's option? o_O; seems kinda rigid. Meh.

22sa

Years
    22sa, I know I've been lenient about this before, but once you've voted, you really should not be posting.
    The rule is really pointless if it cuts down on the fun at PC, no? :P

Like Lily said, I'm on topic. I made this thread as a survey, so why is it wrong to make 2, 5, 10, or however many posts I want to make in this thread? I personally find it boring if no one responds to the choices I make.... and I don't like keeping quiet or going to PM/IM when I have a reply to make. :\

Are you tired of modding every post I make or something? :\ I mean, you don't have to, it's not like anybody's complaining yet.

22sa

Years
    Well, if you check the new rule on this board, you'll find that it is no longer advisable.
    This one?

In-depth discussion: Any post that does not explain the user's standpoint on a poll in this board, or does not clarify the terms of the poll, is spam and will be treated as such. This will be enforced with less leniency effective immediately.
    Then I say this rule is inadvisable. I had NO intention of just getting poll results or of people yelling out their genders here. People can just vote and not say a thing, and the audience would still know just as much from their vote as from their post. I created this thread for information and discussion. Like I'd actaully care if all that happened was people voting. Where would the FUN part of the communication come in then?

As the thread maker, I wanted as much discussion here as possible, and do not regard those who made more then one post in here as spamming, but in fact contributing--contributing as fine PC members who had something more to say.

Also, it's not like everything one person says should be lumped together in one post just because it's a poll thread. Different posts should be seperated if possible. Not everybody likes lengthy, unconnected posts.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    If you created the thread for discussion and information, you should have made it an entioty other than a poll.

The rule was made with this very thread in mind, seeing as many posts, yours in particular, were actually nothing more than spam and did nothing to contribute to the topic. Some examples are below:

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2324277&postcount=96
    https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2314286&postcount=26

The latter was in response to Marc's order that you stop the chitchat, for the record.

22sa

Years
    If you created the thread for discussion and information, you should have made it an entioty other than a poll.

The rule was made with this very thread in mind, seeing as many posts, yours in particular, were actually nothing more than spam and did nothing to contribute to the topic. Some examples are below:

https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2324277&postcount=96
    https://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2314286&postcount=26

The latter was in response to Marc's order that you stop the chitchat, for the record.
    What is an entioty? O_o

And the poll was necessary for the discussion I wanted. What's wrong with adding a poll to a discussion topic? Why is or should the poll be an interferance?

And I realize Scizz had warned me, but I was on topic. Even if you consider it spam, I was in fact communicating with somebody. A rule that stops chit chat... are you honestly OK with that? ... O_o I've heard from too many people that PC has gotten boring. You wanna a rule that brings more boredom? :\ I mean, I enjoy posting here, but if I have to stop my chit chat in all the polls I made.... it's just that much less fun.

As for that "sorry" post I made, it was both the truth and a joke... do you honestly have a problem with it? O_o I mean, it was even on topic. :\

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    Man CW, who shoved a vulture up your butt? xD

22sas posts aren't hurting anyone, and anyone who minds them really needs to take a chill pill. Extra strength.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    (I don't know what entioty means, and apparently neither does dictionary.com. XP)

Lol. 22sa's threads are fine, and so is his discussion. Isn't hurting anyone. And his posts are certainly not blatant spam one would expect from a mindless troll...simply a genuine effort to keep the topic alive and to have fun--a common desire we all have. I also find it kind of curious to know this new rule was added only yesterday, and in particular to only 22sa. His intentions aren't ill guided, nor are the consequences terribly detrimental...I think this depends on our definition of spam. Anything slightly off-topic = spam. But for 22sa, that is considered communication. Different interpretations of the rules leads to different understandings; thus, quarrels begin.. =P At least, this is what I believe.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Alright, I think this has gotten a little out of hand. So on further review, the new rule is no longer; discussing the results of polls is allowed. Any warnings that were given out between the initiation of the rule and no are void.

However. This is a thread about one's gender and I honestly don't see where there's much room for discussion. All people are really saying is "I'm female" and whatnot. Posts like this are not allowed simply because it has nothing to do with "Are you a boy or a girl?" Discussion is fine, yes, but it has to do with the original topic--anything else really should be done through PM.

That aside...I'm female. :B

22sa

Years
    Erica spotted one of my actually off-topic posts. XD

Hee, thanks for revoking the rule I guess. You know would what's it's like when there's a poll you like enough to post multiple times in. It's all too natural.

And it seems from the current results the gender ratio has somewhat stayed constant at new PC at around 62% male; taking Hitsugaya Toushiro's misvoting into account. xD; But there's still quite a few active people who haven't voted yet. >| *cough*Blue*cough*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    PC is a very special place that got *plenty* of room to discuss genders, and gender ratio. Normally if you're just asking for how many guys and how many girls are around, it seems like you aren't getting much. However, look at the response from one of our dearest staff, Arcanine ;p

Ok, done reading his response here?

Guy, yet capable of voting girl, and people won't even get mad at him for that IF he did vote for a girl because he got all the support in the world to verify and backup his vote ;p

There's plenty of people in PC who are somehow always mistaken to be the other gender, possibly due to the way they act or they like something that's against their personal gender stereotyping. There's usually one or two oddball out there whose votes turn out to be "gasp you're actually a guy/girl?"

You can simply go on for days just talking about "oh yeah, so and so act like a girl, really i thought that he's a girl" and blah blah blah based on someone else's vote. Also, you can directly affect or discuss how results of his can affect the pairing system and so on, as the results of this poll suggests that a hetero pairing can be difficult, as for every 2 guys there's only 1 girl here.

Plenty of room for application question discussion using the results of this poll~! (and surely Dact can comment on my "~" just here right now how it's "girly")

(good thing the new rule is rebuked... PC will be even more boring if all of OVP is either "yes" "no" "choice A for me" "choice B for me" and nothing more... And 22sa, I posted here now, satisfied?)

Last edited:

22sa

Years
    (And 22sa, I posted here now, satisfied?)
    o_o lol I just asked you to check it out, who'd think you'd actually post on that busy Christmas Eve morning of yours? :P

And I would've killed Arcanine if he voted female. >| *Gets hit by his fire blast* xD ;o; Luckily, he asked before he voted....

I don't know where September MOTM was held, but I don't intend to count males that were voted for in the favourite female category like Blue did... o_O; I have contacted a few voters already and they understood, so yeah... no probs there.

I wouldn't mind if one girl voted male right now though, on the other hand, just to cancel out Hitsugaya Toushiro's misvote. (I'm blaming this guy too much, I know :P)

Last edited:
    Back