• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a headphones, earbuds, or speakers type person?

Years
  • This might also be an appropriate thread over at E&M, but I'll advocate for any activity here too heh

Anyway, when consuming your media in the comfort of your home, be it music streaming or watching videos or whatever, what's your preferred medium of audio output? Personally I like earphones because they provide decent sound isolation while also allowing me to wear them comfortably while my hair's still wet lol.

After getting a bluetooth speaker though, I may start to get converted as my ears no longer have to suffer from prolonged earbuds insertion heh. Also its water-resistant so I can take it with me to the shower <3

Years
  • when i'm in my room i tend to go with headphones but i'll use speakers when i want quadraphonic sound

in my office i tend to use speakers so that way i am not closing off from my coworkers

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Headphones.

Never tried earbuds. Inserts them too far into your ear for comfort. Probably falls out easily too.

Switches to (internal laptop) speakers for novelty sometimes.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • All three, depending on the situation. Headphones, for all devices. I mostly use my computer to listen to music, so that's where they usually go.
    Earbuds, mostly for mobile. I did use to buy pairs designed for computer use, complete with microphone, but the brand I used to buy went under years ago. Additionally, I prefer on-ear buds; I tried the in-ear ones with rubber caps and they were the most uncomfortable ones I have ever worn. Never again.
    Speakers, when my computer is hooked in the desk room as opposed to my bedroom. I usually use them for Zoom calls and for playing PC videogames. I also play music through my mobile's speakers when I'm in the kitchen.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Speakers. Headphones and earbuds hurt my ears to wear. I don't like the feeling of headphones just clamped over my ears. Earbuds also really bother me, so speakers all the way. It's just something I do not like feeling. Idk what headphones ear pieces are made of, but they just...hurt. I cannot explain it.

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
    Years
  • I use all three of them I but prefer earbuds because if someone is talking to me I won't have to take them off to hear like I do with headphones, I usually use a speaker when I'm drawing, doing school work ext.

Years
    • Seen today
    Headphones at home, earbuds on public transport.

My headphones block noise, but I'd rather keep some awareness of my surroundings. Earbuds are much better for this.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I switch between earbuds and headphones, usually if I've been using one for too long. I mostly use earbuds though. I'll only use a speaker (as in my phone's speaker, not like a separate Bluetooth speaker) if no one's around. I don't like to bother people with my music.

Years
  • I used to care about not bothering people with my music, but realizing that they blast their own stuff around the household and don't give a damn, I figured why should I? Lol

Haiku

PokéManiac
    Years
  • While at my desk: speakers, so I don't have to wear anything over my ears.
    While walking around and trying to navigate the word: headphones 100%. I never leave home without noise canceling headphones. Autism.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I use headphones or earphones whenever I watch or listening to music even playing, also I wasn't aware any noise from outside calling me or sort

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I try to avoid earbud use where possible...which given I hate to go without music, just means whenever I'm in my car or at home! I could never stand over-ear headphones - at least not the ones we used at school - as my ears got really hot. Pretty sure I got some sort of hearing damage the first time I went to a nightclub - ears were properly tinittus-like (I assume) ringing, and now I really struggle with multiple sources of noise which ends up in an escalating war between the tv volume and my dad - particularly when there's a loud bit, as he doesn't quieten down when the show does. So I'm trying to reduce volume and headphone use.

I go through phases of actually bothering to use my speakers vs just sticking to either my phone (I know, I know) / laptop / tv depending on the source of audio.

Years
  • Earbuds for sure. While they're not perfect, I just adore my Apple AirPods and have gotten really accustomed to using them. They're small and really comfortable! Probably never using headphones at this point, too bulky.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • I prefer headphones. Whether in public, at home, anywhere, I just take some nice headphones with me. Usually I just nudge it a little off my ear if I want to be alert to my surroundings and that seems to do the trick for me.

I guess I just enjoy the feeling of them hugging my ears ahaha. Earbuds feel a little out of place and haven't given speakers too much of a shot, but then again I don't like playing my podcasts or videos out loud.

Years
    • Seen today
    I've always found earbuds uncomfortable and they fall out really easily. There's a few sets that are okay for me but they never last in my ears and come out quickly, so I've always opted for headphones when around people and speakers if I'm by myself.

As for what I'm using? Currently, for headphones, my go-to are my Bose AE2 Soundlinks, although those are getting a replacement in the mail with some Sennheiser Momentum 4s today as the Bose ones are starting to fall apart a bit. My PC speakers though are something that would come out of an old flyer from 2001 because they're so old, but they sound really good: harman/kardon HK195s. Got them from a garage sale for $2 as a kid and they STILL WORK and sound amazing to this day.

Years
  • revisiting my thread after a year, i've converted fully to over-ear headphones for home use. my buds started to hurt my ears after long hours. also they were just annoying to organize on the table when i wasn't using them, always had to fuss with the wires when picking them back up. versus just plonking my headphones down. for outdoors use though i still have my trusty IEM's on the ready~

i've also seen answers here saying they don't like headphones for the clamping force. high clamp force does give me a headache after a while, but these specific headphones, Takstar Pro 82's, are possibly the comfiest stuff i've ever worn~ it's like they just rest on my head, and they sound good to boot.

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • Over ear headphones are my go to. Earbuds aggravate my TMJ no matter what kind I've tried

Back