• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a poor loser?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • If someone's being a cheat or unfair in a game, or when you're losing, what sort of reaction do you have? Do you get angry? Do you throw your controller? Or do you laugh it off and keep playing?

I used to get really mad, but now I just turn off the game if I'm getting too annoyed. It's just not worth the annoyance it causes, especially if I enjoy the game most of the other time. I eventually quit playing MW2 and just did Spec Ops with my cousin, but now I don't have it anymore. Haha.

I think the only game that really gets to me anymore is Blur when the game lags and doesn't respawn my car during multiplayer. I just don't get why it takes so long for my car to respawn, but not for my opponents. :P

Years
  • NEGATIVE! I must admit, it is sometimes annoying, but in some games I can just change the server (like in San Andreas MP). The official server in Diablo II LoD... Yeah, Ladder players, no cheating, only skills and luck, that was awesome. Usually I don't play games where people are cheating in online.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Well it depends for me. If it is obvious that a player is cheating I just quit the game. However, sometimes I go off my nut! It totaly sucks the fun out of the game. I prefer playing games that don't include cheating; but include skills and technique to become the best. :cer_smile:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • It depends on what the opponent is doing.

If they're mega-fluking, I'll get a bit ticked off, but, eh, that's life. I mega-fluke too at times, so it's okay.

If they're hacking, I'll get pissed off, notify them of this, and then try my hardest to beat them anyway. If I win, man, I'm awesome.

Years
  • If it's a one-vs-one game when people are cheating or glitching, I usually continue playing, because it usually makes THEM frustrated that I won't give up, even if I am losing. If I win though, I usually feel much better at winning fairly then their attempt at cheating (and I usually enjoy the angry messages that follow saying that I was the one cheating).
    In multiplayer games where there is a lot of glitching and cheating going on, I usually just quit out if I don't see it stopping.

Years
  • I try to stick through a game regardless of me getting a beating or not. I've had some where my team has quit, but I've still tried to battle on.

Personally, I'd rather take a beating rather than quit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2011
    poor winners. but usually they're the first ones to get beat down for running their mouths. poor losers are used to losing so they need an excuse for anything. I pity them. I despise poor winners

Last edited:
    Years
  • After a few insanely bad deaths on MW2 I might flip out. For example, there is a tac knifer who gets me then I get killed by a grenade launcher and then I get tac knifed a few more times and suddenly the other team have an AC130 and my K/D is like 1 to 10 because of deaths I couldn't avoid then I'll get annoyed.

Fifa is the worst game for it though, Ronaldo abusers, people with lag, Ronaldo abusers, fake shot abusers, Ronaldo abusers, quitters, Ronaldo abusers, glitchers, Ronald abusers, then the guy who always goes 3-0 up from three shots after you have dominated the match and then a few Ronaldo abusers to sprinkle on top.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I suck it up and take it like a ~man~ Okay ngl, but if my brother ever beat me at Pokemon, I would pitch a fit. I'm too well known as being the Pokemon know it all, so it'd be embarrassing to actually lose...to a 9 year old, especially. Thank God for EV training that he doesn't understand...haha.

As for multiplayer games, I hate when I'm playing SSBM with someone and they CONSTANTLY pause the game just to make fun of how the character looks and then they unpause it while I'm still laughing. I mean, what is that? I get pissed. It's rude.

I don't play online, so I can't say I know the online woes, however I know that if I was playing a shooter, I'd just have to suck it up. Besides, I already know I'd lose. It's ~fact~

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    I don't ever rage quit, but I do get pretty angry when I play MW, Halo or Street Fighter.

I chalk it up to my competitive nature, but I think I just have some kinda temper playing competitive online games.

Years
  • If I lose to someone legitimately better than I, then I'm cool with it. Typically, I get pissed off after losing when:
    1. HAX at a critical moment that completely and utterly turns the game in the favor of the opponent.
    2. When I underestimate them and they start bragging.
    3. They're younger than me (age or playing time wise).
    for if tehy tipe liek tihs :) lol

Of course, I'd never let it show. Resort to deadpan snarking if I'm really sore about it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I actually quite like the challenge of taking on hackers, sometimes; feels good to stick it to 'em.
    But really, if I lose then I lose, who gives... If I'm bothered by or bored with my assailants' antics or team's failing ability I'll just leave the game, there are still plenty of other servers to choose from.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If it's the CPU beating me, I get pretty flustered and start screaming.

Oddly enough, when I'm battling Pokemon with others or on wi-fi, I usually stay composed. Maybe it's because I try not to look like an idiot when others are around :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    If someone's cheating or unfair, I proceed to beat them anyway.

But I never get angry when I lose, you win some, you lose some (mostly win). I have a rule to never leave a game early unless my team has left and I'm fighting alone. All other situations I keep on playing.

I usually find that single player campaigns are more irritating, when I get to a part where it's unclear what I have to do or where I end up repeating the same part over and over because it's too difficult. I still don't get angry though.

Back