• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a sexist trainer?

Are you a sexist trainer?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 76.9%

• Total voters

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Not to be offensive..

But i know alot of people who catch pokemon that are the same gender as them...

I used to but im not botherd anymore.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I like to have a mix, becuase if you have a team of one gender and assist or Infatuate Abilty can really muck you up.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    That would be stupid :P hehe I would be completely vulnerable to ATTRACT.

I don't give any importance in gender when training a Pokémon, unless the pokémon itself actually looks like a male or female ~~~~Machop & Gardevoir

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Dude, all my pokemon are female all the time. But not in Diamond/Pearl since I pick which gender looks better.

But seriously, girls ftw.

Sahara_17

Gamers Breeding Team
    Years
    Whenever i run into a wild pokemon i'll try to catch it. I don't even bother looking at the genders lol. So it's like a random thing. Then when i go to breed i'd go look for which ones are female and which are male.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    No, I'm not. Though I think my entire Diamond team is males, but that was completely accidental.. xD

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I was way back when Silver and Gold came out. I refused to train anything other then male pokemon. But that stage passed quickly, it was to much trouble to try and always catch males. Now I only search for a certain gender when trying to breed my pokemon :3

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    It doesn't really matter. Usually I keep a female and male to breed with and whichever has the higher level tends to travel with me.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Only catching Males dosent' make you sexist...Lol what is this thread xD

I have 2 Female on my team

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    I don't really care if the pokémon I catch are males or females.
    Actually, I only notice if I want to breed them.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'm not a sexist trainer, but if I can, I like to have three male and three female pokemon to balance it out.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I just use whichever one I catch or breed with the desirable stats, I don't really try for a particular gender but I do attempt to mix-up the team a bit.

The_Judgmentor

A Guide to the Spirits..
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Gender only appeals to me if it is for my own benefit. (e.g. the Rivalry ability, at times the Attract move)

Years
    Ever since the Johto generation games, I've always wanted my starter to be female. My Cyndaquil in Gold and Crystal was female, along with my Charmander in Fire Red, my Mudkip in Emerald, and my Piplup in Pearl.

As for non-starter Pokemon, it varies. Sometimes I'm picky about gender, sometimes I'm not. If I find my team has too many female Pokemon, I try to catch males, and vice versa. As well, there are some Pokemon that I'd rather have as females (i.e. Vileplume, Lapras, Espeon), and some that I'd rather have as males (i.e. Geodude, Exeggcute, Dugtrio).

Back