• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a sexist trainer?

Are you a sexist trainer?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 76.9%

• Total voters

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    When the Generation II games that introduced Gender came out I was still quite young so I was a 'sexist Trainer' back then. After getting half way through the Third Generation I didn't care anymore and in the Fourth Generation my team on my first play through had 3 Males and 3 Females. One of my Males had a 75% chance of being Male (Starter) and one of my Females was a Female exclusive (Vespiquen) So it was rather balanced. ^_^

But appearance is sort of important Gender-wise. I.E. I wouldn't want a Male Gardevoir/Misdreavus or a Female Mr. Mime/Machamp etc.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    No, not really...
    Only when I feel like breeding some of my Pokemon, I look at their genders. Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me. And since I don't have Diamond/Pearl shame on me |D;, I still don't pay attention to them.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No I don't really care about gender, they only need to be strong,
    I couldn't be bothered catching the same gendered pokemon. Its like if you say a female feebas, you wouldn't catch it because it is female.

~Celebi

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    i like to have a mix of male and female. 3 male 3 female. that makes everything even

Shika

F o r e s t Wizard
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I've never actually looked at the gender of the pokemon I'm trying to catch. xD

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I'm kind of a sexist trainer. I usually just catch female pokemon. But when I think about it, if I were an actual trainer on a journey, I wouldn't want all my company to me male.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I catch the Pokemon to do with nature and gender and IVs... Right now it's three female and three male, so I'm fairly even.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2009
    ^ Agree with that is a thing of which one is better regardless of everything else.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    I actually don't notice gender very often. ._. On my Diamond, I have five guys and one girl, but that's just kind of how it happened. My youngest sister will only catch girls if she has a choice. It seems kind of silly to me since I just want to catch everything that moves. =p

I don't breed much, but that's what Dittos are for! :coughhack:

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    I actually don't notice gender very often. ._. On my Diamond, I have five guys and one girl, but that's just kind of how it happened. My youngest sister will only catch girls if she has a choice. It seems kind of silly to me since I just want to catch everything that moves. =p

I don't breed much, but that's what Dittos are for! :coughhack:

Yea.. Ditto is the massive daddy/mummy xPPP

Erm.. You hack? xP

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    i used to only train the same gender cause i thought the girls were terrible... but recently i just stopped caring and training whatever i get. some pokemon i just wont let be female still... like Wobuffet. I like making fun of the ones i get who are female that should be male or males that should be female... and give them goofy nicknames...

example... I have pokemon i trained named... Queenler, Queendra, Mr. Magius, and Slowqueen

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    i used to only train the same gender cause i thought the girls were terrible... but recently i just stopped caring and training whatever i get. some pokemon i just wont let be female still... like Wobuffet. I like making fun of the ones i get who are female that should be male or males that should be female... and give them goofy nicknames...

example... I have pokemon i trained named... Queenler, Queendra, Mr. Magius, and Slowqueen

LMAOROFL!!!!!

Mr.MAGIUS!!! LMAO!!!

Thats very funny!

Years
    It allways comes down to the Pokémon because I did alot of Dratini breeding and the Female's came out more stonger than the males and with breeding good Abra's Male's came out stonger than Female's, strange or what.

Galla

Pokemon Artist
    Years
    I honestly don't care... at all. HOWEVER, I find that my Garados MUST be female or I shall not be as devoted to training it. But that goes back to the day when I shared Blue Version w/my brother and Garados was the one Pokemon he was NOT allowed to train. So yeah, Garados became "mine" in a way and cuz I'm a girl I wanted it to be female ever since.

And in all honesty, I prefer that Mew and Mewtwo are different genders. Or my imagination runs wild and I get silly ideas. :P Don't care who is what gender, but they MUST be different. Please!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I usually catch pokemon, based on what gender i think the design is more like, for example i would catch get a Female Chikorita (because the sprite seem more like a girl pokemon) and i would catch a Male Bulbasaur (because the sprite seems more like a boy pokemon), i dunno why i do this and i don't know if it is classed as sexist or not but thats what i do.

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Just for fun, have you noticed the female Wobuffet is wearing lipstick. That's kind of sexist. Also, Hippopotas and Hippowdon are both extremely different for male and female. The changes between male and female is an "interesting" idea on Nintendo's part.

Back