• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you actually going to use the Spikey-Ear Pichu in HG/SS?

KopaKura

Soul searcher
Years
  • It's definitely going to stay in my PC for most of my game. I probably will take it out now and then to watch it following me around and perhaps to battle my friends that aren't as experienced in the game so the stats won't be too out of balance, but that's about it really.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I admit that regardless of the Notch Eared Pichu being a special recreation of the normal Pichu (and cute too) it does lack certain benefits from a normal Pokémon. For instance the lack in evolution and trade and low categorized stats are a main factor like mentioned above. I may not choose to use it for battle, but I may prefer to test it out in the Pokéthlon to see how well it may perform in its suited category of the contest(s).

If things don't work out well to me here, then I may just keep it as a special reward from the game and take it out every once in awhile from the PC just to have it walk around with me outside during travel.

I still favor the Notch Eared Pichu though and I'm at the very least satisfied it is still available in the game. All I have to do for now is wait to receive the Pikachu Colored Pichu to activate the in-game event for it once the game is released here in the US.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • What is so bad about him? Horrible stats? No evolution? That's no reason for me not to use it!^^ I train a Wigglytuff although its states are horrible, I train Pokemon cuz I like 'em!^^ I trained a Spinda only because of that. I'm so going to use, that'll be awesome when I see my Spikey-Ear Pichu against Red's Pika... Epic! :D

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • I've been using it as my pokewalker Pokemon :p It helps to get rare candies on the shopping course ^^ Before I started that, it just sat in my box next to the Pikachu-colored Pichu lol >_<

Years
  • It seems I've fathered my first hot thread. XD I've seen some very valid points made here. Possibly it will be nice for contests and such. Either way it's mainly for bragging rights.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I action reply clone it, so it could be on my team and keep on UT.
    But yeah I used her, on both SS and HG. I love her, she my favorite Pokemon in the game. Notched-Ear RULES!
    I restarted HG, Im about to get her again YAY!

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • I plan on raising it to be strong, but not too strong.

Why?

Because I usually over level and knock out pokemon before I can catch them....So then I restart and go easier/ get weaker pokemon and get whited out. A low-stat yet able to hold it's own for a bit pokemon is what I seek/expect from this fella.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I'm gonna keep it and the Pikachu Colored Pichu in the box and only use them to battle against weak foes and pokewalker pokemon

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I'll most likely EV it and use to finish Red.
    There is no freakin way I am putting it in the PokeWalker.
    That thing is for getting Rare Candies, not levels. D:

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    Im going to put it in Contests, because your right it will have low stats and it sucks that you can't trade it

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Well I doubt I'll have time to get myself over to an Gamestop whilst the event is running, so no, I won't be using it :P

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Depends, but from what I'm reading I doubt it'll help me much. I might have it as a trophy Pokemon on my PC, but that's it.

Back