• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you afraid of shots?

Do you hate shots?

• Yes!....they haunt my dreams. ;__;

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Not at all...bring it on! =P

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Meh...they're ok.

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • LOL i guess i have the biggest fear of them on this forum. Age 11 i went to get a blood test. I sit down to get one im griping the chair and all. I put my hand on the chairs table thing for it to be on a flat surface. They go and wrap the rubber around my arm they cant find the vein and they keep flicking till they found it. So when they did they took the needle out. Luckily enough i saw a horror movie where they were uused to inject poison. Next thing you know it i punch the nurse in the nose and run out of the room screaming all the curses i can. 1-2 years later and 4-5 blood tests/flu shots im still afraid but not to that extent. Dont i seem like a wonderful child!

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • "Afraid" is an understatement for me. I'm petrified of needles. And the fact that girls have to get three HPV shots didn't help. I teared up on every single one, I hate needles because some are for piercing the skin and well... no thanks D;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd probably be dead from fright so far this year if I were scared of needles. XD I've had so many. (And I should be getting a flu shot this week or next, haha.)

But yeah, normal shots? No problem. Vaccinations? I'm there. But.. getting blood drawn? I... don't like that. I mean, I can do it, but I can't look at it (I can watch the needle if it's an injection). I get light headed from having my blood drawn and it really bothers me. There's a long story behind it but... yeah. It doesn't help that recently, I've ended up with a lot of nurses who simply can't find my veins. >_< You'd think they would be easy to find since I'm so pale but nope. A few weeks ago I was in the hospital and the ditz of a nurse took forever to take blood, SPILT a lot of blood once it was taken (causing my dad to pass out xDD), and then called me back soon after because the blood wasn't good enough and proceeded to fail at drawing blood one more time before calling someone more experienced. >:|

So at least I've got a rational excuse for hating getting blood drawn. :P I'm absolutely fine with any other sort of needle, including IVs.
    I'm not afraid of needles. As Angela said, the pain is only there for an instant, and the pain itself is not that tremendous. I don't even get nervous when I get a shot. However, I think I might get nervous when I am led to unconsciousness before my surgery XD;
    Trust me. :P You don't even notice it. The first time I was put under by an injection/IV was actually one of the coolest experiences of my life. One moment I was frantically thinking "oh no, I'm still fully conscious and alert; what if they didn't give me a high enough dose!?!??!" and the next moment, a nurse was waking me up telling me my wisdom teeth were successfully out and leading me to the recovery room. XD;

It wasn't the same thing with my other two surgeries but you still don't really notice it. :( Nothing to worry about!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Injections? I remember never really being bothered by them. When I was in year 6 we had to have some injections at school, I wasn't bothered but one of the dinner ladies forced me to hold her hand while I had it done. (yeah, the dinner ladies were the ones that had to help out XD)

I had 2 blood tests recently, I was really nervous but it's more of an ache than pain, I don't mind. But it turns out I may have to have injections every 3 months for the rest of my life...if it's like the blood tests then I won't care. But my mum says having injections and them taking out blood feels different so I dunno. Well, as long as it makes me feel better.

Having injections in your mouth is the absolute worst though, had to have one at the dentist when I had 2 of my teeth out :/

Years
  • Having injections in your mouth is the absolute worst though, had to have one at the dentist when I had 2 of my teeth out :/

I totally agree...Anasthetics for the mouth are the worst in a Dentist's office 9I actually don't mind being there other than that. =/) I had 4 Teeth pulled before having braces. TT^TT It took quite a bit of time since they were anchored firmly (Surgery was about to be recommended, but thank goodness it went through ^_^)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I used to cry at the sight of needles. Whenever I went to the doctors, my usually doctor would call all her colleagues to help hold me down. I remember one time giving a doctor a bloody nose in one of my fits. But now I've matured and realize that the pain lasts less than second.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I used to be afraid of them, but they're not all too bad. Also, I realized that a four year old teenager crying on a doctor's table not wanting to get a shot is a bit embarrassing. I've had so many shots before, and none of them were all too bad. My first IV in the hospital wasn't even felt. Second one? It wasn't bad either. Stung for a second, but was great for the first day. That was until I woke up at midnight with two nurses trying to get it out of me after it bent inside my body. DDD: THAT was painful. When they put the second one in that night, it was fine for the remaining three days I spent in the hospital. Now blood being taken? Yeah, I'm afraid of that. I hate it. A lot. Really. ://

Shadow Chant

Top 4 at Worlds 2009
    Years
  • Shots? I don't know, I used to be really afraid of shots. But after since I started growing, they started to become less painful. Shots are things I don't care about, it's the reason why I am getting the shots.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Having injections in your mouth is the absolute worst though, had to have one at the dentist when I had 2 of my teeth out :/
    Oh?... The one I had in my mouth is the one I felt the least. :O

I used to be extremely anxious of injections in my young years but have since become something of a masochist so whatever.

Years
  • I'm fine with receiving vaccinations. Don't like blood tests though, but that's mainly to do with that tight strap they tie around your arm.

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
  • i used to be terrified by needles, to the point where my skin would change colors(no lie) until about 2 years ago when i started donating blood regularly and it got over it, nowadays i donate blood every two months and i just love the feeling
    yes im a masochist of sorts bahahaha

Yoshikin

Dragon Yoshi
    Years
  • Well, i can't really say that I am, I used to be though. In fact I once crawled under a table just to escape.

I just thing of something else and look away, something impaling me doesn't seem too nice... ^^;

So i guess I'm mildly scared all-in-all...

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • "Am I afraid of needles? Hell no. Only pansies are afraid of needles."

That's usually what I can be found saying to myself while sitting the the doctor's office, waiting to get a shot/blood drawn. I tough it out...until I actually see the needle. Then I usually cower over the sight of it, my blood begins to curdle, I get the chills up my spine, etc.

...So yes, to put lightly, I am absolutely petrified of needles.

Back