• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you afraid of shots?

Do you hate shots?

• Yes!....they haunt my dreams. ;__;

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Not at all...bring it on! =P

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Meh...they're ok.

Votes: 29 42.6%

• Total voters

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
  • Im only afraid of those really huge needles. But other than that, if its gonna prevent me from getting a deadly disease then Im fine with needles and getting shot. Except I dont want to be like one of my moms friends who has to have a needle everyday, I dont know the reason but I feel sorry for people like that...

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I'm not afraid of needles. As Angela said, the pain is only there for an instant, and the pain itself is not that tremendous. I don't even get nervous when I get a shot. However, I think I might get nervous when I am led to unconsciousness before my surgery XD;

Don't get nervous.
    I had to get a shot and an IV when I got my wisdom teeth pulled out in May.
    That was the best shot I ever had, I passed right out.

It was like... one minute I was getting a shot and the doctor was telling me I'd fall asleep real quickly, next minute I woke up with gauze in my mouth and people cleaning it up. No more wisdom teeth. :)
    Completely painless. :D

And I got to ride a wheelchair for the first time, because I was still so out of it after I woke up. XD

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I have gotten those little pointy
    devils in my arms tons of times, yet I'm
    still afraid to have someone stick those
    things through my skin! o.o

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I remember being horribly afraid of needles as a child. My parents could not warn me that I would be receiving an injection until I was actually at the doctor's office or I would flip out every single day until it would be time. I believe I was afraid of them all the way up until I entered middle school and had to receive all those shots one must have at that age. I went in all scared, but after actually receiving the shot I found I was scared for nothing. Some conquer this fear, others do not.
    (And as Beachboy said, some have other reasons to fear needles than the actual pain...)

Personally, I hate the anxiety of knowing I'm going to get the shot more than the actual poke. I just want the nurse or doctor to hurry up and prick me, but it seems they take their sweet time.

Oh, and anyone else every experienced a nurse or doctor digging around for a vein when your giving blood? That right there is what makes me ill.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    When I was young, I didn't care about needles. If I had to take a shot, I took one with no hesitation whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I'm sort of afraid of shots, but that's probably becuase I don't get them as much as I used to, so I can't remember how they felt.

Years
  • I'm fine with them. I really don't see what other people are afraid of. I mean, the needle's so short. But whatever, I guess everyone has their own fears?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Nah, they are alright for me. I just turned my head and think positive thoughts. And it only hurts for a second, and then it stops hurting. So I not that afraid with needles. We do need them most of the time.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I'm not really frightened of needles. Usually they take about one second and most of the time I'm distracted by something shiny the nurse has shown me. XD

If I've been through a bad experience with needles, then, perhaps, I would think differently. Luckily that's never happened and it's not something I would like to experience anyways. (b'-')b

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I'm not afraid of them, I just don't like needles. They don't scare me, as I say, I'm just uncomfortable with them.

^---this. Just...don't take blood from me...Ikillyou. I don't mind seeing blood that's elsewhere, but the shade/tone it has when it's in the needle case or in a tube is just...nyeehhhh...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Shots are fine to me. They barely hurt, and after I get shots, my mom takes me to McDonalds and then to Gamestop to get a new game

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Shots are stupid. Just close your eyes and it's over.

Not as bad as everyone says they are.

Candy Christina

poseidon's tsunami
    Years
  • I'm fine with getting a shot. I get one every year for the flu because my dad practically insists my mom, my brother and I to get the flu shot as soon as they're available, which most of the time is late October. I've gotten used to shots, they don't really hurt me. It's just a little pinch and it's done. I can see why some people are afraid of them though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Um, they're sorta meh. To me, they don't hurt.. I think it's just my doctor/nurse/mother freaking me out about them. ;P

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I fear needles. I don't work so well under high pressure.

Back