• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you cool with getting older?

Years
  • I guess. I worry about getting sick or injured. There's no much you can do about getting older so you just gotta roll with it.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I just became a Junior in college this past week and I can confidently say that I am terrified of growing up. I only have two more years of the best 4 years of my life and then it is off to work for the rest of my life and all the adult responsibilities that come with that. Safe to say I will be savoring every moment I have until that fateful graduation day comes.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • I'm cool with it. I'll be turning 25 next month, so that's exciting.

20s are no joke. I've hit more low points than high points but I'm still optimistic. Excited for the future.

Years
  • Hmm, to be honest I'm a bit scared, my health isn't the best as is and getting older won't help it ;A; but I can't stop the inevitable.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I for one am super disappointed that I can't sneak up and scare my friends anymore, what with all my joints cracking and such

growing up is wack man

Years
  • If we mean getting 50+ older, **** no. Getting old is ****ing terrible and no one should be looking forward to that.

Yes, the 50's is when things start to suck because I have a fear I'll end up looking like my mother and she is horrifically ugly. I hate being ugly...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No... I'm not immature or stupid, but I feel much more connected mentally with the teenage or early twenties friends I make on PC or at summer camp, than with my colleagues at my normal daytime job. Of course, almost all of those are 40+, so I'm still closer in age to teenagers.

Not sure much really needs to change as you get older. Except that I care for myself now and keep myself alive rather than relying on my parents. That's the only sharp line I can draw between childhood and adulthood, I guess.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • No... I'm not immature or stupid, but I feel much more connected mentally with the teenage or early twenties friends I make on PC or at summer camp, than with my colleagues at my normal daytime job. Of course, almost all of those are 40+, so I'm still closer in age to teenagers.

Not sure much really needs to change as you get older. Except that I care for myself now and keep myself alive rather than relying on my parents. That's the only sharp line I can draw between childhood and adulthood, I guess.

Just curious, does that make work a drag for you? Having to work with individiuals who are most likely 20+ years your elder instead of people your own age?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just curious, does that make work a drag for you? Having to work with individiuals who are most likely 20+ years your elder instead of people your own age?
    Nah, it's interesting, although it gets annoying when they point out my young age too much d:

Mostly it makes me stick to my younger friends outside of work, rather than hanging out with my colleagues in my spare time.

Sirfetch’d

I like getting older and being more independent. I still feel the same and enjoy a lot of the same things that I did 5 or so years ago, but it's mostly me now making my own decisions(though I still ask my parents for advice sometimes!) I still live at home so I am not fully independent yet but maybe in a few more years :)

So basically, yeah. I love getting older 8) I might not in 10-20 years though,,,,

Years
  • I am really scared about getting older honestly such as being an adult and being independent I suppose.
    Its scares me alot and I feel that I wont be good enough.
    But I am not cool with being elderly. Christ. I feel like time goes so fast and then being an old person...

Years
  • As the old saying goes "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional". Getting older doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the things you did when you were younger, and no matter how old I get, I will still use my imagination to take me to places beyond our normal boring world.

So, to answer the question "am I cool with getting old", the answer is yes, because I will never let my age dictate what I can and cannot enjoy. After all, age is just a number.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Nah, it's interesting, although it gets annoying when they point out my young age too much d:

Mostly it makes me stick to my younger friends outside of work, rather than hanging out with my colleagues in my spare time.

Makes sense. Sometimes I find though that when I'm working with older individuals I can't connect as well with them then say as 20-something year old, and thus the days feel to drag on cause I don't have anyone to talk to. Hope that's not the case with you though! (:

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • As the old saying goes "growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional". Getting older doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the things you did when you were younger, and no matter how old I get, I will still use my imagination to take me to places beyond our normal boring world.

So, to answer the question "am I cool with getting old", the answer is yes, because I will never let my age dictate what I can and cannot enjoy. After all, age is just a number.

Damn straight.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Seeing as I got a stable job, almost done with school, and currently in a committed relationship...I think I'm cool with the whole "growing up" thing. Kinda dreading the 30's though. I'd rather stay in the 20's lmao

M++

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Heh, I guess I'm already too close to being qualified as "old" in here.

Technically speaking, I've been an adult for a while and I've done a lot of adult paperwork and whatnot, I do admit I'm a bit terrified. I'm finishing my university next year, have opened up business in translation and interpreting and still don't have enough clients to make a living out of it. So I'm still reliant on my parents' support (and I *don't* want to be) with a hazy prospect of my future. I'm trying to do something about it (because signature), but I'm just tired and sometimes on the verge of collapse.

But yeah, there is a brighter side to this: I can have a good beer once in a while without feeling guilty or "getting caught". And there's a lot of freedom in it too. Sure, you have the responsibility, but you're free to go on a hiking trip on the other side of the continent or to enjoy time with your PC friends, live, if you have the means and money. No approval required.

kendypls

Currently playing: Expert Emerald (Casual)
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 10, 2020
    Growing up is crazy scary, the responsibilities sky rocket the moment you leave home; bills, food, transport, finding and maintaining a job and last but not least, maintaining a social life while all this is happening. It scared me to death and even more the fact that some people have to do it with no help. If I had any tips from personal experience, I'd just say, don't do it alone, there are people you can speak to for advice and plenty of people willing to help! at the end of the day though, age is just a number, I'm happy I'm growing up and able to experience new things and have people around me who are willing to listen. I can have a drink on a weekend with friends, work through the week to pay the bills, and carry on in that cycle until I want a change... The freedom makes it worth it all.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • No I'm terrified. I mean fuck, the older you get the harder life gets. I hated being a teenager and all because of school, but looking back on it... I wish I could live that life again. Beats paying bills and barely getting by in life with limited money, and that's just the beginning. You need transportation, food, shelter, clothing, utilities, etc.. This shit ain't cheap and ain't nobody giving you a free ride unless you mooching off the system and getting a good steady paying job is damn near impossible without the experience or degree's required. Lessons in life are meant to be learned and you grow stronger if you overcome obstacles and experiences but still, it can drive you to pure insanity.. Now these young-ens understand why adults got anxiety problems. Throw kids in the mix, it's over, you're fucked unless you making bank. I don't know how some of these older people are so successful, they must'v had rich parents or some shit to give them everything lol. Stay young while you can kiddos, it'll just get harder.

Last edited:
    Back