• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you cool with getting older?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • A lady at the post office just asked me whether I wasn't asking for a mail ballot for next month's elections because I wasn't 18 yet so I guess I'm lucky I don't need the virgin blood part.

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Welp, you can always handle this problem like me. Instead of going for a permament job after college, Im currently working on a few smaller projects, after wich I travel to Australia and New Zealand and completely avoid any responsibilites that comes with being mature :P

But for real, I feel like age is not the deciding factor in how you will behave and looked at by other people. In my eyes, its the environment you and others around you create for you. Things like promotions on work, getting a relationship, getting your own house, getting kids. Stuff like that.

So far my thoughts on Thursdaynight.:)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the independence of getting older and the skills that you learn such as driving, though I really can't imagine myself in 10 years time. Trying to think of myself in my mid 30s married with kids just baffles me. I'm still a long way from then and I've still got all of university to go through, but time seems to be moving much quicker nowadays. I still get ID'd though so it's cool.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • People think I'm ~17. My mother is 62 and people think she's in her 40s. She looked 20 in her 40s. I'm ok with that.

To think that I'm not even 25 yet and my life has felt so so so long, and I'm possibly not even a quarter through it makes me not worry about getting older.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • I'm scared about growing older, I've been an adult for a couple of years and it hasn't hit me yet the amount of responsibility I have and will have in the future. I'm going to school this year and I have to start thinking about where I see myself in the next couple of years. I still live with my parents, but the town I live in is expensive, so I have to start thinking about my career and where I want to live. I have a long list of things I currently need to do, being an adult isn't always fun and games.

I wish I enjoyed my teenage years more, I hated school and it affected my social life and some choices I made as a teenager. I wish I enjoyed it because I'll never have those chances again. Not having to pay rent, food, bills, doctor appointments and etc. Being an adult can be scary, but you have to learn to adapt and have fun in life, everyone goes through it but you'll be fine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    no. I actually have a phobia of growing old. Like, I literally cannot imagine myself as a senior citizen, or anything close to that. I mean, I can't even imagine myself 10 years from now. @_@; I've always, in my mind been more or less a kid and I've kinda gotten away with it at some points or another, but it's really scary that, the older you get, the more "adult-like" that you're expected to act. Overall, I'm just not too terribly used to the life of being an adult, and I'm not sure if I really will be, but unfortunately time is really not on my side on that matter.
    Oh I understand you... I'm also scared of getting older and maybe even more of getting boring >_> You know, that type of an adult who's always serious and doesn't feel the taste of life? That what scares me the most of all -_- Also I really don't like that stupid stereotypes that if you're an adult you can't make some interesting and funny stuff, even the "stupid" things like dying your hair in extremely bright colours like in this gallery because it's not appropriate for you age >_>
    Yeah I know that I will change during the years but despite this I want to save my good "childish" features and always be curious about the world around me :)

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    good ****ing luck getting me to admit my age in two years

Are you suggesting I'm past it already? D:

I mean I don't want kids so I don't worry about some of the things other girls I know do. They're terrified about not spawning mini-them soon enough. And considering I'm in my mid 20s and look about 16 despite drinking quite a bit I think I'll hold up quite well. It's just my body failing me I'll have to worry about. That'll be crap.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Yes.

It means independence. It means not getting talked down for being young. It means that people aren't surprised that I'm not as ignorant nor narrow-minded as others of my generation. It also means that education finally correlates to passion because now I get to choose what I want to study, aka what I love.

Back