• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you looking forward to the Royal Wedding? Or are you waiting for it to be over?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    The thing is, it probably won't make any difference. I don't care, as the Royal Family has lost the power and importance they used to have here in England. We just now appreciate them (especially Philip, with his "accidental racism" at times), and not many people over here that I know of are fussed at all. Only can think of one person, and that is my grandma. I'm not saying I hope they die out (good for economy - tourists see it as a novelty value sometimes), but they are just... There.

@Cassino - they will eventually be our reigning monarchy, so... You will care then.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't watch the news without them talking about it. Yesterday, they had an entire news segment on a basket that William gave to Kate, and I was just sitting there in confused, trying to figure out why the hell they were telling me about it. You know, they had a segment a few weeks ago explaining that a lot of restaurants around here were going to have special prices and meals available for it all. Like, what the hell? It has nothing to do with us, why are the media so obsessed with it? I really don't get it. It's just a wedding, as far as I'm concerned. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I would have liked to have heard about the tornadoes last night rather than hear about the Royal Wedding. But no, a wedding in Europe was more important than the tornadoes that pretty much obliterated my state last night. Way to go! Either way, the power went out and I didn't get to hear about either of them.

Hooray that they're getting married and all. I don't know how the Royal Family stuff works over there except...you're rich. DON'T KNOW. But...is it really more important than the things I need to know about in my own state, and my own country?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's not just any wedding people. It's the Royal Wedding.

Honestly though, I like the fact that Prince William and Kate Middleton are getting married. They look like they truly love one another and have known each other for a long time now, so here's the best of wishes to them. However, I don't live in the UK and the royal family affects me in no special way. So, I really don't care much about the wedding and I'm not going to wake up at four in the morning just to watch the cover on it. For me, it's just another wedding. We have celebrities getting married all the time, we have regular people getting married all the time, other than the fact that William is the Queen's grandson and Kate is his fiance in the UK, they're just regular people getting married.

The only time I ever hear about the Royal Wedding is when it's being covered on The Early Show on ABC in the morning. It has its own segment as one of the broadcasters (Erica Hill) is currently in the UK reporting her stay there on the wedding. The only reason why I don't turn my cheek the other way when this segment comes on is because The Early Show has a way of making their news interesting. Other than that, I go about the day having very little concern over the Prince's and his soon-to-be wife's wedding.

To be honest, there are a lot more pressing issues in the US and around the world internationally that should take priority over the wedding.

Years
  • I honestly can't wait for it to end. I mean, it's not that im annoyed with them getting married, im annoyed with all the pointless coverage about it. All the news stations when you turn on the tv are talking about it 24/7, it's really annoying, and there are issues in America that are more important that should be discussed on the news besides this wedding.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • If they are happy, well, isn't that just jolly?

I don't give a damn, but that's probably because I don't watch TV. Even here in Denmark, one of our main TV stations is throwing some 10 hours of wedding-related stuff on the screen for everyone's enjoyment tomorrow. I fail to see how other people's lives can be that interesting, honestly. I don't know anything about it, either, I just know that there is a marriage of some sort going on. When I first heard about it a few days ago, I actually thought it was some Danish royal people getting married, because the fuzz was unbelievable. But living under my own little rock, I didn't really notice anything until earlier today, hahah.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I'm going to watch Fast Five during the actual wedding. Film starts at 10:45 so I will be missing the whole thing. I think it has been blow way out of proportion and people should just let them enjoy the day by themselves.

I am looking forward to the after party im going to tho ;)

Exploding Bunny

Dovahkiin
    Years
    • She Her
    • Seen Aug 17, 2023
    This wedding is too hyped in america, 230 some years ago we revolted against the same family of monarchs why are we so obsessed with their wedding? also doesn't the British taxpayer have to foot the bill for this?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And if anyone knows who The Chaser team is I am somewhat interested to see their presentation of the whole thing. ;p
    And so much for that - apparently the Royals are too precious and hence stopped this show from happening. Yep - a parody show in Australia. And apparently them doing so at this stage means taxpayers in Australia get to foot the bill for the forced reshuffling of shows. Fun times!

So yeah, my opinion on the wedding kinda diminished further because apparently we're not allowed to poke a bit of fun and at our expense too. =/ Yay the republican movement? =p

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • The Chaser's made me look forward to something about that wedding but since it was canceled, it just feels like a ridiculous and unnecessary amount of coverage for some noble strangers' wedding. It's on the news all the time when I am more interested in say... how Japan might be going considering they asked for help again (though I'm sure there are some people who started getting sick of Japan on the news). Exaggerating that; "But who cares, YAY THERE'S A ROYAL WEDDING SO THEY CAN JUST SIT IN THE CREVASSES OF SOIL SCULPTED BY MOTHER NATURE WHILE WE WASTE OUR MONEY AWAY".

In saying so, I suppose Japan is getting as much help as it can get and there's no use being sad and there is nothing that we can do... But the royal wedding just trivialises the other issues (tornado in America, anyone?) in the world that is more deserving of being updated on the news.

Or to be really honest, it's just boring. And I'm sick of hearing about it now. I'm not enraged, just tired of it.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Tornadoes in the southeastern United States, increasing unrest in Syria, the ongoing rebellion in Libya, ongoing recovery efforts in Japan, and this is what the media chooses to cover instead. Disgusting.

I suffer from chronic insomnia anyway, so I'll be watching NBC's live coverage of the wedding simply out of morbid curiosity.

DeckCadetTzipi

Older and Wiser
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to it. I'm really happy for them both and I think they make a beautiful couple.

I'm watching it, but not get overly excited or watching it all day. Mainly wathcing out of interest.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Haha, I slept through the actual wedding while my mum and brother watched it...my dad's disappeared for a day :P

I'm not all into the whole celebrate it thing, but I do kinda care, and I would have been extremely pissed if some extremist weirdos decided to blow themselves up / protest at it. And I do hope this time the royals actually stay married...

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Being a Brit, I can honestly say:
    People ONLY give damn because we get a day off...

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    I watched the beginning of it on Youtube, not that I was meaning to watch it, but because of the notice that is displayed. I stopped watching it then because I got bored and don't really care.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'm as happy for the couple as I am for any other who are getting married. No more, no less. Well, maybe a bit less since the extra bank holiday is going to put a fairly solid dent in the economy... and the endless coverage... and the irritating party further up the road... now that I think about it, SCREW THE WEDDING!

Years
  • Here in Germany, six TV stations broadcasted that wedding live apparently, four of them being major ones. And in the newspaper, the front pages of both the politics and the entertainment sections were entirely used up by irrelevant trivia about the wedding; it seriously would have belonged onto the gossip page. I mean, come on, If that isn't ridiculous, what is is then?

Back