• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Neither! :D im sorry, but i don't speak french.

Hmm, the last time I checked the games coming out are in Japanese.

As for myself however, I won't be importing the Japanese copy. I would rather save the expense for pre-ordering the US copy. If I did understand more of the Japanese languarge however, I might have considered it. For now though, I'll just stick to waiting on the English version of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
    Years
    i was going to play it on my AceKard but then the DSi upgraded thier firmware and it blocked the Acekard for the moment, so it looks like either im gonna be pre-ordering the japanese games and also buy the english release as well :P

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    What are the chances of an English patch coming out soon after its release?
    Why would a patch be made? Unless the game wasn't being released in English, I don't see a reason why someone should make a patch. Just be patient.

I'm definitely pre ordering the game, but I won't be importing. Maybe if I understood Japanese, I would think about it, but I would rather just wait for the U.S. release so I can understand the game.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I am, simply because it fun to go through it creatively ad-libbing all text in it, it also enhances my anticipation to understand what they are in fact saying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    Why would a patch be made? Unless the game wasn't being released in English, I don't see a reason why someone should make a patch. Just be patient.

I'm definitely pre ordering the game, but I won't be importing. Maybe if I understood Japanese, I would think about it, but I would rather just wait for the U.S. release so I can understand the game.

There was an English patch when Platinum came out. It wasnt %100 translated but it did help.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    There was an English patch when Platinum came out. It wasnt %100 translated but it did help.
    Seeing as though Platinum did have an English Patch, it wouldn't be impossible for the remakes to have one included either. It would help those who pre-order the Japanese version, but only if it were to be done as well as the one for Platinum. Some wouldn't have to wait or consider an English Patch though as a handful seem to rather wait for the English version to be released. Even though I'm pre-ordering the English copy however, if I were to end up purchasing a Japanese copy, I wouldn't regret it as it could always further me in knowledge with the Japanese language and scripture, especially with a translated guide to follow it through.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I'm Gonna Wait Till It Comes Out Here, But This Is The First Game I Am Ever Going To PreOrder

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I'm planning on preordering HeartGold in Japanese, but I'm feeling buyer's remorse before even ordering it, so we'll see. And I'm 100% sure I'm getting SoulSilver in English.

(Off-Topic: Wow, I've been registered for two years and this is my first post o.O)

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I'm going to preorder it... when it becomes available in America. I have Okami to tie me over until then. [pats it]

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
    I'm planning on preordering HeartGold in Japanese, but I'm feeling buyer's remorse before even ordering it, so we'll see. And I'm 100% sure I'm getting SoulSilver in English.

(Off-Topic: Wow, I've been registered for two years and this is my first post o.O)

haha! thats weird! Why have you never posted?

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    i think i am going to download the japanese rom as soon as its available and put it on my cyclods, i will download an english one (full english) as soon as one is available and i will buy the other game when it's released in the uk (makes trading easier)

WhiteTux

[G]reen_[L]antern
    Years
    im not, there will be no point, they will not be sold out, because not a lot of people are pokemon fans and therefore, not all will be sold out

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    I might reserve a copy of Soulsilver i dont know. Im thinking about it, cause im gonna buy KH for DS in september to so, i just need to save money.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Impoting

I am importing too - I am not too impatient to wait for the English version ( I will probably get English and Japanese.) I just notice that the Japanese Version sometimes have more events than the English. If I had the money right now I would Import both Silver and gold so I got the figurines and the pokewalker.

Back