• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    I would if I understood Japanese. I'm getting there, but not so far as to understand a whole game I wouldn't think. Pretty visuals aren't enough to get me through a game; I just hope you bastards make sure you warn us about spoilers when it's released xP.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Yeah, I suppose. (What's the point to that, anyway? It's like ruining the game because you see what happens you just can't be entirely sure. Ack.) But there's still screenshots and "Oh, and I finally got to that new area at the end of the game, I wasn't expecting you'd be able to *do something awesome that's more fun to discover yourself*." But that's just me babbling, of course.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    I just want to ask if Play Asia is sending games to all countrys ?
    i really want to pre order both but dunno if they send them to Slovenia.

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
    Years
    I'm gonna download the Japanese version as a ROM, then import the US version of Soul Silver.

I don't think I could wait for it to be released in the UK.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Pre-ordered HG as soon as I could, I always get the newest pokemon games fresh from japan when they come out. Then I get the other version when it comes out in english.

It's crazy, but its way cheaper to import a japanese game than to buy it here...
    I kinda picked the most expensive shipping though so xDD

Really? That's weird, where are you from?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024
    Really? That's weird, where are you from?

I'm from the uk, good ds games here tend to cost like £30 to £40, I remember buying english diamond here for £35 when I imported it japanese it was like £30.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'm from the uk, good ds games here tend to cost like £30 to £40, I remember buying english diamond here for £35 when I imported it japanese it was like £30.

Ah, I see, I know that a lot of people in the UK import US Pokemon games, but I wasn't aware that the Japanese imports ended up being cheaper.

I suppose that's good justification for not waiting for them to come out in your own country!

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    ya i m gonna downoad the JAP ROM and buy the english cartridge, like i did with all the other DS pokemon games wen they were first released in japanese...

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    I didn't pre-order it simply because I dont understand Japanese. That and I'm a patient person who can wait for another year till It's in English.

:cer_laugh:....
    same here :cer_smile:
    i'll just wait for the
    english version
    ----------
    for those who pre-ordered already
    you guys are lucky
    :cer_wink:

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    Nah, I can't read Japanese. And it'd bother the living daylights out of me if I couldn't understand what each and every character was saying. "ZOMG WHAT IF THEY SAID SOMETHING IMPORTANTTTT?"

Besides, with all the games coming out and my desire for a PS3, I'm getting frugal on my extra spending habits.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I will, but until September 12th, I don't trust in ordering pre-ordered games. XD.

Years
    Hells yeah.....maybe

I want too but I need to steal me a credit card or get one from my parents^_^

Do you guys know a good site for this kinda thing or to translate jap to eng

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I want too but I need to steal me a credit card or get one from my parents^_^

Do you guys know a good site for this kinda thing or to translate jap to eng
    Not quite sure what you're asking, but a good place to learn Japanese is thejapanesepage.com, and as others have mentioned, play-asia.com and yesasia.com are reliable places to pre-order the Japanese versions.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would and all but, but I have an R4 and thats what they R4! Lol. (I know, that was lame but I couldnt help myself.) I will simply download it.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    No, I'm going to wait for the English release and pre-order it when I see it on the shelves of my local game retailer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    No, I'm going to wait for the English release and pre-order it when I see it on the selves of my local game retailer.
    I guess that doesn't make it a pre-order then XD

(Unless you meant you saw the pre-order signs at your game retailer)

Back