• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you Satisfied with the ending?

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
    It's the title, basically.
    For me, no way. It just feels like 'huh... WAIT WHAT COME BACK N!' I just feel like, so unrewarded..

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Fully agreed. And I really wish that the 7 Sages played a much bigger role. Like, N was the main...anti-hero for the first half, then the 7 Sages could have been a new enemy for the latter half, instead of just random people that you get TMs from. Such an anticlimactic finale.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Totally and completely loved the ending. Am I completely satisfied with it? No. While I thought it was an amazing ending, it would have been nice, as stated above, if the seven sages played a bigger role. Or if you could at least battle them.

I feel satisfied with N's backstory, you basically know all about him by the end of the game.

Though with me it seems like i'm never satisfied with the ending of stories. I feel like they should go on forever, let me keep imagining them. So, that's what I do. I continue the story in my head, though I tend to go a little of course...

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    @Naku,

So then what would you feel to be the next "chunk" of the story? (logically, no Shyamalan-esque "what a twist!" moments)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Totally and completely loved the ending. Am I completely satisfied with it? No. While I thought it was an amazing ending, it would have been nice, as stated above, if the seven sages played a bigger role. Or if you could at least battle them.

This. I enjoyed the ending and thought it was good, but I wasn't satisfied with it. There was no closure, no "this is what they did afterwards" feeling, because you don't even know where N went, let alone what he's doing there.

Side note: I like how they give you the mission for the Seven Sages after you beat N. So many games are just like "the end, you defeated the bad guys", and you're left wondering what happened to them afterwards. While you're left wondering about N and Ghetsis, you get the satisfying job of rounding up the other 6 Sages and bringing them to justice. Kind of sad that Officer Jenny didn't do it though...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    The ending actually fits. I mean if you look at team plasma the only evil individual was ghetsis all the sages and N thought they were doing right. So N leaving and the sages cooperating with looker makes perfect sense. I mean when you find out you were either being used or your ideals were wrong theres no reason to fight back

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i love the ending. somethings i wish were different like i wish you could battle the other 7 sages instead of just getting tms for them. and i wish i could know what happened to N

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Hated having to do the Elite four AGAIN for the trainer Card upgrade. At least N wasn't Kyurem obsessed.

Then i would have to use Soak without following up with a Net Ball.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The ending was good for a Pokemon game, but I felt it lacked closure. We never do find out where N headed off to, or what his ambitions are after the fall of Team Plasma.

Battling the Sages would have been nice as well, whether during the course of the game or afterward.

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
    I am satisfied with what I got at the end of the game. So N disappears. So you can't fight the Seven Sages. But that's alright. Of all the Pokemon games I've played, the ending drew me in till N disappeared. I liked that you ended up not fighting the Champion like you normally do in every other game. It gave an awesome twist. And at least you can go find and get the sages arrested in post game play.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    It will more than likely be expanded upon in the third tie-in game...

I didn't really like the whole "PETA" feel of Team Plasma, along with their uniforms, and music... The whole thing with N never drew me in either, I just saw him as a spoiled kid wanting everyone to follow only his view of how pokemon should be treated, because that older guy with his own agenda told him it was right... Just like most people in PETA, 'cept with animals, and an old woman.

Spellbound

The Unova Champion ★
    Years
    I thought the ending was ok, coulda have more to it, but then these things could be implamented into the third game, such as batteling N, Seven Sages, Gym Leaders and so on :)

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I think they could have went a little bit more in depth, but for a Pokemon game I think the ending was really good.

Years
    The only thing I didn't like about the ending was how little of a role the 7 sages played! I wanted to battle all of them :(

Wish N stuck around for more battles after the game too.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    The ending actually fits. I mean if you look at team plasma the only evil individual was ghetsis all the sages and N thought they were doing right. So N leaving and the sages cooperating with looker makes perfect sense. I mean when you find out you were either being used or your ideals were wrong theres no reason to fight back

...Yeah, that does make sense. Though that doesn't mean that's exactly how this story had to end ;)

@Naku,

So then what would you feel to be the next "chunk" of the story? (logically, no Shyamalan-esque "what a twist!" moments)

Not completely sure. Haven't had time to think up a little story for what happened after. Plus I think i'll wait to do that until I finish the post-game storyline too =P

But how much you wanna bet it will involve Hoenn and N?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    No. That's not enough. We need more things explained! It's way too abrupt to my liking.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I'm satisfied. Go, N, just GO ALREADY.
    Your stupid ideas are completely pathectic,
    and I have shown you that caring for PKMN will NOT
    make you win as I have beaten you fair and square with
    POWER.

Back