• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you trying to complete the Pokedex or have you already?

Years
  • I have a living 'Dex on my PokéBank so it took me some minutes to complete it! I got the shiny charm but I haven't found any shinies yet -_- oh well.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I haven't ever tried completing any forms of the Pokedex in the past. I've never had interest until I started playing Omega Ruby. It'll be pretty hard considering I've only got a few games at hand, and no Pokebank. Currently working towards completing the regional Hoenn dex. Wish me luck!

Years
  • Completed it a long time ago. Currently SRing for shiny reshiram using the shiny charm I got as a reward for national dex completion.

Years
  • I am finding this to be extremely difficult. I'm almost regretting starting this lol. Trying to level up Pokemon to evolve them is a pain.

EDIT: If I never played Soul Silver, Black and White 1 and 2 etc. will it be almost impossible for me to complete the PokeDex in AS?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I'm trying to - it's been made a whole lot harder by me stupidly losing my old Y version. I had up to about 500 there and it's been MIA for a year.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    completed a living national dex in x including all event legendaries. currently working on completing another living national dex in alpha sapphire minus event legendaries. almost done that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I am finding this to be extremely difficult. I'm almost regretting starting this lol. Trying to level up Pokemon to evolve them is a pain.

EDIT: If I never played Soul Silver, Black and White 1 and 2 etc. will it be almost impossible for me to complete the PokeDex in AS?

It may but if you breed and put up the honenn starters you can get pretty much anything for them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Along with completing my Dex I want to start getting into breeding and shiny catching but have no knowledge of either. I'll need to read up on it.

I'm a shiny hunter on youtube, and its definitely fun! You'll need a lot of patience though! good luck with your hunting if you decide to do so!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Okay I can try doing that.

Thank you, I am now contemplating if I want to do so now.
    Good luck and if it's not a living dex then i can offer you a decent amount of pokemon to have fill it in.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm currently trying to complete the Hoenn Pokedex and then the national one :) What that means for me is basically trying to capture every Pokemon in Hoenn - I walked from Littleroot Town and caught everything up to Meteor Falls (still need a Bagon ;_;). I carry my event Metagross with Hold Back and bring 5 Pokemon that I need to evolve with me, as they gain EXP when you capture Pokemon n_n I teach them all HM moves, so there's no need for a slave or my surfing Milotic. I transferred quite a bit of my trained Pokemon from previous games (as far back as Platinum I think now), so that also helped with the Pokedex filling :)

Years
  • I only have Y and Alpha Sapphire so some ill need a bit of help. I've been beating the Elite 4 with just my lvl. 100 Mew and Pinsir to power level.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    I'm never bothered to complete the pokedex, region or national one.

Perhaps if there was more of a reward/benefit to completing it, I and others would be more motivated. But it's just not worth the time for me to dedicate to it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    I'm trying to complete it, but I'm trying by getting all the pokemon to Lv 100. That makes 28 entries in the Hoenn Pokedex. The next one from Hoenn is Kyogre (I'm not doing it in a specific order, I have the starters, but Latias, Metagross and Milotic too, and they are near the end). The first from the National Dex is Typhlosion, then Espeon... The fun time will be when I train Chimecho, Delibird or Dustox...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    I'm trying to complete it, but I'm trying by getting all the pokemon to Lv 100. That makes 28 entries in the Hoenn Pokedex. The next one from Hoenn is Kyogre (I'm not doing it in a specific order, I have the starters, but Latias, Metagross and Milotic too, and they are near the end). The first from the National Dex is Typhlosion, then Espeon... The fun time will be when I train Chimecho, Delibird or Dustox...

You want the entire dex at lv. 100? That's an interesting challenge. Good luck. :P

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • I'm primarily focusing on the Hoenn regional Pokedex, after that, I'll focus on completeing the Pokedex a Generation at a time.

I already have Hoopa, Volcanion and Diance in My Pokedex thanks to Powersaves. I'll replace the Hoopa and Volcanion that I have with their legit wonder cards when they drop.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Does anyone know how many different games you need to complete the entire dex (with trading)? Do you need all of them?

Back