• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you trying to complete the Pokedex or have you already?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Does anyone know how many different games you need to complete the entire dex (with trading)? Do you need all of them?

You don't NEED all the games, but you'll have to trade a bit to get the difficult ones, for example...

If you have Omega Ruby, you'll need to get Kyogre, Dialga, Zekrom by trading. It's not easy, but I made it with Pokemon Y, and I obtained, after several trades, Xerneas, Moltres and Articuno, you just need to find which legendary is the easiest to obtain via GTS (I used Xerneas for that. Offering a starter like Bulbasaur, you can get stronger ones. One of the trades was Bulbasaur -> Charizard -> Tyranitar -> Xerneas -> Moltres)

Years
  • Does anyone know how many different games you need to complete the entire dex (with trading)? Do you need all of them?

Yeah it seems to be more difficult not having all the games. I believe they stopped wifi support or something for Black & White also so it will be a bit harder.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Yeah it seems to be more difficult not having all the games. I believe they stopped wifi support or something for Black & White also so it will be a bit harder.

You can use the PokeTransporter into PokeBank for BW/BW2 though, so that won't be an issue.

It's getting Pokemon from 4th gen (DPPt and HGSS) if you haven't already that will be the tricky part. You have to first trade them to BW, then transport them to bank, then move them to your 6th gen game. Lots of moving around and little reward, for me anyways.

Galmar

Banned
    Years
  • I was unable to complete the Pokedex on Ruby, but with all the new features available, I should be able to complete it on Omega Ruby.

pkmin3033

I haven't even started the Delta Episode yet, actually...I'm right at the beginning of it. I WAS going to get one of every Pokemon on AlphaSapphire, but having done this on X and lost it all, and having more interesting games to play, I've just...lost interest. I'll probably come back to it later on next year in a sudden burst of inspiration, but for now...nope. Been there, done that. Might buy a t-shirt somewhen; I'm sure one is available, and I've always wanted a Pokemon t-shirt.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2015
    I completed mine on new years day.

One thing that I think is great is that I actually traded forward some pokemon from my original pokemon Ruby game! they came through a gameboy advance to a DS to DSI to a 3DS!

It felt good to fill my dex with some of those original pokemon from my childhood. I would have really struggled to complete my national dex without the help from the GTS though, It can be a life saver!

i'm missing event pokemon but I filled the dex up, plus I didn't cheat!

I don't see why people would cheat, where's the hard work these days. it's taken me 15 years to catch them all and I'm proud! haha

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I completed the National Dex around the first or second week of December. I had a lot of Pokemon already in Bank and in my previous games. So. it wasn't as difficult as completing the National Dex in XY.

I was trying to do a living dex, but gave up around Hoenn... It's so hard to sort and move Pokemon in Bank. It's also hard to obtain the middle stages of some Pokemon again. What I would rather do is create a shiny or evolved/competitive dex anyway.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
  • I'm completing the Hoenn dex then doing everything else I feel like I need to do, then I'm heading over to the National dex.

Years
  • The only time I've ever completed a PokeDex was with the W/W2 regional, but I plan to complete at least the ORAS regional dex when I have the time.

Years
  • I'm definitely trying to complete the Pokédex this time round; I've tried in most games but the farthest I got was a complete regional Dex in White 2. I'm five Pokémon away from finishing the Hoenn Dex in Alpha Sapphire, so hopefully this time I can finish the entire Pokédex!

Back