• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Hey, does anyone know where to get other pictures like these?:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Zanny77 its called 'Moemon'

There is a nice video on youtube to 'Dango Dango' i forget what it was called. and a google image search of moemon will provide you with what you're looking for.

:3 enjoy~

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    does any one know how to use metasequoia I really need help

Art Discussion Thread

As you can see I got picture on the model but what I really need is to find out how to export the mesh and how you paint and import it back so I can apply it.

Please PM if you can help

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Can anyone tell me what you think of my Agrron Salamence and Charizard? :s
    https://mazilw0lf.deviantart.com/art/High-Flyer-Leader-129458085?
    The angle and perspective really make it interesting, and are well done. The composition is just great. You're very good with that. Plus, even though you said the colors were messed up, I can still picture how they might've been. The shading's simple, but very nice and clean. :3

I'm not entirely sure what the background is, though. are they on a rock pillar thing high above a forest? Is it a rock in the middle of a river of green goop? Are they just on the ground, with green stuff closing in on them? It's hard to tell what it is.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    thanks Kina!

XD and... about the background.
    its rock pillars above a forest. i was going to put more in at angles but i forgot! it looks silly without more of them so i can't do much about that now ahhaha. so yeah its the first thing you said XD' *feels silly for leaving it out because it was more then KINDA important*

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    art gallery coming to kentucky

anyone heard about the pokemon art gallery coming here???? supposedly next month? i dunno if its true or not my mom just told me about it...

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Can anyone tell me what you think of my Agrron Salamence and Charizard? :s
    https://mazilw0lf.deviantart.com/art/High-Flyer-Leader-129458085?

Uwaa. O_O Perspective = Amazing... It's really good. =O But just as Kinarii said, the background is a little... dubious... If it really was a rock reaching out for the heavens, you'd at least see they shadows of the monolith on the trees... Even when the sun was high above, you'd at least see something I know that with the angle you used, giving perspective to a background isn't easy. You did a good job, but it all seems.. flat.

Charizard's left claw seems a little off as well... but that's a little detail. :3
    Keep up the good work. =D

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I always shade with colour, never with a normal pencil.

Just a few tips, leave some areas white that have a lot of colour. this mostly goes for light colours, skin and definitely for hair.

Also another tip. The way I shade is I lay in the base colour, and use the same pencil to draw in the basic shading. Then I take a pencil with a darker colour and shade the darkest areas.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Uwaa. O_O Perspective = Amazing... It's really good. =O But just as Kinarii said, the background is a little... dubious... If it really was a rock reaching out for the heavens, you'd at least see they shadows of the monolith on the trees... Even when the sun was high above, you'd at least see something I know that with the angle you used, giving perspective to a background isn't easy. You did a good job, but it all seems.. flat.

Charizard's left claw seems a little off as well... but that's a little detail. :3
    Keep up the good work. =D
    Yeah XD thanks. i'm glad you two pointed that out, i know how to do it next time, so thanks loads guys :3

:s yeah, charizards claw was so small down there i was hard to draw it right in that perpective at that angle! hm. i still got a ways to go yet, eh~ thansk for the c&c :3!

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Someone please rate this:
    Art Discussion Thread

Oh, please visit my sugimori thread! I don't want it to die. Don't be scared to comment, I need a bumpeh! :3 I really don't want to have to revive it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    ASCII Art

Just wondering if there is a place for ASCII art anywhere on PC?

I see "community contributed" projects aren't allowed, so I don't know where a thread would go for posting ASCII art for comments, critique and/or free use in signatures. It would be nice if everyone's ASCII art could be viewed in one place, as people don't often have personal galleries for such things.

AmayaTsuki09

[the geeky artist]
    Years
    Traditional art. I try to pick up my tablet sometimes, but digital art gets too frustrating for me. And you can't really use digital art if you don't know how to use it. I prefer to use my markers and pencils any time.
    I agree with you. Digital art frustrates me a lot more. I'd rather pour my heart and soul out through a pencil and a piece of paper.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
    I agree with you. Digital art frustrates me a lot more. I'd rather pour my heart and soul out through a pencil and a piece of paper.

Digital never saves for me and always crashes </3 i cry.

i totally agree with using a good old pen and paper! ¦¬D traditional all the way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back