• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Artists and/or songs you *hated* at first?

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Artists and/or songs you *hated* at first?

It's always fun to talk about artists we love, and some people love to talk about artists they hate. But what about artists or songs you used to hate? Is there anyone you used to listen to who you couldn't stand, but now love? Music you refused to try, but later gave a chance and ended up really liking? A song you hated at first, but now have on repeat?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Justin Beiber was always easy to hate on...it was cool to do it in school because girls liked him (also when I did actually hear his music...ugh) then he suddenly came out with a great 2015 and 2016: Where Are Ü Now, What Do U Mean, Sorry, Love Yourself, Cold Water, Let Me Love You, and of course Despacito (2017). I can't say I really care about anything he released before or since, but that was a great run.

Years
  • Well I regrettably have to admit that I did not categorically listen to 'newer' Blink-182 because I thought it absolutely stank... but have now fallen in love with their California thanks to a certain Inky.

Other mentions include AC/DC (absolutely hated them until I saw them at Download Festival), Deftones and tbh Black Metal as a whole.

Years
  • Everybody by The Backstreet Boys

When I first remember hearing this I thought the lyrics sounded kinda stupid, the way that some of the phrases were being growled for effect didn't impress me, and I was not instantly made a fan of this band. I realize now that I had taken the song more seriously than it was ever taking itself, and had a good time recently when I didn't just hear the song play somewhere like I had before, but actually saw the music video for it, and realized that they treated you a little tongue-in-cheek horror movie in the style of Michael Jackson's Thriller, and it made me bop my head to beat and laugh, and just go with the silly fun like you're supposed. So the song has grown on me, and so has BSB's music in general, when they're singing intimately in love ballads like All I Have to Give and Shape of My Heart, or in traditional Christmas Carols I can't help but admire their lush vocal harmonies. They remind me of Boyz II Men.

Back