• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Determination (Ash/Satoshi Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Partner pokemon - Charizard.
Favourite Ash's Pokemon - Butterfree.
Best Ash Pokemon - Pikachu.
Why ash loved his Pikachu?
Because Ash was always passionate about pokemon and pikachu is the pokemon that he first ever got and pikachu is the pokemon that really cared about him and got him out of trouble a whole lot bunch of times.ex- Battling Rydon at the cinnabar gym for Ash when Charizard refused to battle. Or battling Entei to save ash in the movie spell of the unkown.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Partner pokemon - Charizard.
Favourite Ash's Pokemon - Butterfree.
Best Ash Pokemon - Pikachu.
Why ash loved his Pikachu?
Because Ash was always passionate about pokemon and pikachu is the pokemon that he first ever got and pikachu is the pokemon that really cared about him and got him out of trouble a whole lot bunch of times.ex- Battling Rydon at the cinnabar gym for Ash when Charizard refused to battle. Or battling Entei to save ash in the movie spell of the unkown.

Well welcome to the club ! Enjoy enjoy and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Ash -

Ash History : Ash enrolled in Professor Oak's Pokémon Summer Camp when he was young. One day when Serena was lost in a forest, Ash came to her rescue when she fell after getting startled by an unknown Pokémon which turned out to be a Poliwag. He gave her a handkerchief to tend her knee. He helped her up as they walked out of the forest together.
Years later, Ash began his journey at the age of 10 as a warm-hearted and well-intentioned but stubborn, rash and amateur Pokémon Trainer. He was forced to accept the cheeky Pikachu from Professor Oak as his starter Pokémon because he carelessly broke his alarm clock in his sleep and woke up late on the day he was set to get his first Pokémon. He was determined to achieve his goal, however, and when Pikachu saw that he was willing to compromise his own safety to keep it safe he formed a strong bond of friendship with Pikachu. This would set his course for the future.

However, from that point, Ash still had a lot to learn about becoming a Trainer. The first Pokémon he caught, was caught by luck, as he knew absolutely nothing about battling, and was hesitant to admit it whenever he was wrong. Many of his first Gym Badges were given to him merely out of gratitude for his assistance rather than claiming an actual victory in battle over the Gym Leaders; of his first five Gym battles, only his victory over Lt. Surge was an actual victory. Every time he thought he was doing well, he would somehow cross paths with his childhood rival, Gary Oak. He always reminded Ash that he was always a step or seven behind, with Gary catching around forty-five Pokémon by the time Ash had only caught his seventh. This hampered matters further when, owing to his inexperience, his Charizard, one of his most powerful Pokémon, refused to listen to him until Ash could prove himself to the powerful Fire type.
Over time, Ash's dedication to his goal paid off. After earning his first eight Badges he went on to compete in the Indigo League, advancing to the fifth round - one further than Gary, and ending up in the top 16. After recovering from his defeat, he continued on to improve his skills; take on new challenges; and compete in more Pokémon League competitions - triumphing in the Orange League and the Battle Frontier.

Ash has changed a great deal over the course of the series, particularly in regards to his skill at Pokémon training, but his earnestness, rashness, and determination have remained. Never straying from his goal, he has remained loyal to his friends, his family, and his supporters, but most of all his Pokémon. Ash became a great Trainer by learning to find and use the inner strength of each of his Pokémon by bonding with them. For example, when he received a banner filled with prints from his Pokémon in The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing!, he knew which Pokémon placed specific prints, showing his close bond with them. He also learns where their hidden abilities lie, as well as resorting to unorthodox strategies when fighting particularly challenging opponents. For example, he uses his Pikachu's speed to outmaneuver larger foes and attack. In another instance, his Charizard defeated Gary's Blastoise by causing the field to overheat before mounting a close-quarters attack while Blastoise was blinded by the steam. He also prefers to train a Pokémon to be the best it can without forcing it to evolve, as evidenced by his treatment of Gligar in Fighting Fear With Fear!. He is happy when his Pokémon evolve but lets them choose whether or not they want to evolve instead of forcing them.

Early on, Ash originally trained not to further himself but instead to catch more Pokémon than Gary. He later slowed his pace which allowed him to focus on the individual traits of each Pokémon. At the Johto League Silver Conference, with great humility and maturity, Ash finally won a battle against his old rival, signifying a great milestone in his history. His maturity has also increased in his dealings with Pokémon. This is shown when a Mankey stole his hat in Primeape Goes Bananas, he screamed and yelled at it, even climbing trees just to get his hat back, but when an Aipom did the same in Slaking Kong, he stated merely that he would feel strange without a hat. When Aipom stole his hat again in Setting the World on its Buneary!, however, while it was under his ownership, he chased after it in the same manner as before.
In most episodes of the anime, especially those during the Johto League saga, Ash befriends someone who will influence him and cause him to strive to become a better Trainer. Although he is not a dependent individual, he is still young and has learned to make his way relying on his friends, particularly the maternal skills of Brock. The honor of "best friend" is usually reserved for Pikachu but Ash has come to see his closest human friends in the same light over time; using the term for Misty and Brock in Gotta Catch Ya Later! as well as May and Max in Battling the Enemy Within.
He has traversed much of the Pokémon world and has thus far participated in five Pokémon League regional competitions, but he is still learning new things about Pokémon all the time.

Ash has gained a close connection with many legendary Pokémon, including Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Latias, Azelf, Shaymin, Giratina, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram*, Zekrom* and Meloetta. In the English dub second movie, he was revealed to be "The Chosen One" - the one who would bring balance back to the world when it was disrupted.

Although viewed as a normal human, Ash does have some special abilities, as he is said to have the same aura as Sir Aaron, a legendary hero, and is theoretically able to manipulate it in much the same way. Therefore, he made a connection with Sir Aaron's Lucario. However, he has not received any training in this field, opting to continue his Pokémon journey instead. He has also been likened to an ancient aura guardian in The Keystone Pops!, who also had a partner Pikachu. Later, in Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu! Parts 1 and 2, Ash uses aura again to locate a lost Riolu and read Riolu's mind as well. This time, however, he merely senses the aura, rather than manipulating it.
Ash has also participated in Contests. He has a Contest Pass for the Sinnoh region, as well as one for the Hoenn region as it was required to watch one of the Contests held there. Ash carries half of a broken Poké Ball with him everywhere, while Gary has the other half, as a symbol of their ongoing, but now friendly, rivalry; Misty's special lure, which she sent to him as a gift; and half of a Ribbon he received in a Contest against May before she left the group to compete in Johto. Ash also participated in the Wallace Cup on the suggestion of Wallace but he lost in the second stage of the Battle Round.
Ash soon obtained all of the Sinnoh Gym Badges. During his battles in the Lily of the Valley Conference, he managed to advance to the Top 4, during which time he defeated his long-time Sinnoh rival Paul for the first time, and fought against Tobias, becoming the only known Trainer to defeat his Darkrai. Though he lost later on in the battle, he seems to be okay with losing, as he has become closer to his Pokémon than ever before. Ash, Dawn, and Brock then set off on their own paths to follow their respective dreams, with Brock saying he will no longer be joining Ash on his next journey.

In the Best Wishes series, Ash came with Professor Oak and his mom on a trip to the Unova region. After losing in a battle to Trip and seeing the power of the legendary Zekrom, Ash became interested in traveling Unova to meet new Pokémon, as well as new friends. In Unova, he brought along only his Pikachu as he did in Hoenn.
During his time in Unova, along with his quest for the Badges, Ash also competed in the local competitions Club Battle, Clubsplosion and Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup. Despite battling quite well, he failed to win any of the tournaments and managed to be the runner-up of two of the three. Despite these mishaps, he didn't feel bad for seeing his friends winning the awards. After managing to obtain the Unova Badges he was allowed to participate in the Vertress Conference along with his current and some new rivals. In the preliminary round, he battled Trip one-on-one, defeating him for the first time and ending their rivalry. Ash also defeated his friend and rival Stephan. He then battled one of his recent rivals, Cameron, where he lost in A Unova League Evolution!, making it to the top 8 of the Vertress Conference.
In the XY series, Ash travels to the Kalos region with Alexa, whom he met while traveling in the Decolore Islands. He first visited Lumiose City in Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!, where he parted ways with Alexa and tried to challenge the Lumiose Gym at Prism Tower, only to be forcibly ejected from the tower when the computerized security system found out that he doesn't have any badges. He is rescued by Clemont and Bonnie, who travel with him after he calms down a rampaging Garchomp at the top of Prism Tower. In XY006, Ash wins his first Kalos Badge, the Bug Badge, after defeating the Santalune Gym Leader Viola. The group is also joined by Serena, who turns out to be a girl he met in his childhood during Professor Oak's Pokémon Summer Camp, although he initially did not remember the two of them meeting.

Pokemon : As a Trainer, Ash has captured and befriended a sizable number of Pokémon over the course of the anime. His philosophy on training is that Pokémon are individuals and that a combination of trust, friendship and hard work are needed to overcome adversity. He seems to battle best with Pokémon that are similar to Pikachu: ones that are speedy and maneuverable, yet able to perform high-powered attacks; however, he is willing to work with any Pokémon that comes into his care. Ash's battle style is generally spontaneous and fairly unorthodox, and his Pokémon often reflect these traits.

Character : Ash's main goal in life, as described in the first episode, is to be the world's greatest Pokémon Master.
One particular characteristic about Ash that has not changed over the course of the series aside from his determination and his passion for raising and training Pokémon is that he is incredibly selfless. He will often (and this has happened for just about every one of his Pokémon) go to extraordinary lengths to earn a Pokémon's trust and respect; and he will often go out of his way to better understand a Pokémon that he sees as troubled. He is also very fair-minded and trusting, a true testament to his good-natured character. But failed to reach his destination.

165px-Ash_BW.png

Source : Bulbapedia

Thanks to : Bulbapedia

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I watched the XY anime up to the third episode, or whenever it was the English "preview" ended (it should be continuing again this month, no?), and I was actually quite curious to what the background between Ash and Serena was, so I guess that was kinda explained. I imagine AshxSerena will probably be a new favourite ship entirely because of that :p

What you think how does Ash's character needed to be?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean personality- and skill-wise, because I definitely feel like there could be some improvements in that aspect. I think they could tone down the ditzyness a bit, since I feel like there could be potential for a great character, if he just lost the whole "stupid" characteristic. I mean he's kind and to some degree really good at Pokemon battles, but he definitely isn't the ideal character, and I doubt even the audience it's targeted at thinks so either. If he just stopped forgetting certain Pokemon and typings I think he'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch, and I still think they could allow improvement without making degrading his skill level with every new region. It seems as though they're kinda aiming towards that in the XY anime? At least I find myself liking him a lot more in the few episodes I've seen :p

If you're talking about what his end goal should be, I don't think anything other than Pokemon Master would really be a valid option. I mean, he set out with two goals; to catch them all, and to become a Pokemon master, but he quickly dropped the first one, and I doubt it'd really be a possibility at this point. So yeah, the become a Pokemon master, even though I don't know exactly how you do become one :p

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I watched the XY anime up to the third episode, or whenever it was the English "preview" ended (it should be continuing again this month, no?), and I was actually quite curious to what the background between Ash and Serena was, so I guess that was kinda explained. I imagine AshxSerena will probably be a new favourite ship entirely because of that :p

What you think how does Ash's character needed to be?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean personality- and skill-wise, because I definitely feel like there could be some improvements in that aspect. I think they could tone down the ditzyness a bit, since I feel like there could be potential for a great character, if he just lost the whole "stupid" characteristic. I mean he's kind and to some degree really good at Pokemon battles, but he definitely isn't the ideal character, and I doubt even the audience it's targeted at thinks so either. If he just stopped forgetting certain Pokemon and typings I think he'd be a lot more enjoyable to watch, and I still think they could allow improvement without making degrading his skill level with every new region. It seems as though they're kinda aiming towards that in the XY anime? At least I find myself liking him a lot more in the few episodes I've seen :p

If you're talking about what his end goal should be, I don't think anything other than Pokemon Master would really be a valid option. I mean, he set out with two goals; to catch them all, and to become a Pokemon master, but he quickly dropped the first one, and I doubt it'd really be a possibility at this point. So yeah, the become a Pokemon master, even though I don't know exactly how you do become one :p

yeah me to kinda.

I would like to see Ash as one of the best trainer in the world. I would like to see him as a brave and a aggresive men who train his Pokemon very hard and make them enough strong to beat a legendary Pokemon. I would love to see Ash as a very strong either a gym leader or a league champ. I would like to see him start a very new journey with his son or any friend. And while he start ti reach his goal he catch to many Pokemon and become a great Pokemon owner. also he need to catch a legendary. He need to be a Person who can die for his Pokemon (Well he already is) And with a very good personality.

Olli

Years
yeah me to kinda.

I would like to see Ash as one of the best trainer in the world. I would like to see him as a brave and a aggresive men who train his Pokemon very hard and make them enough strong to beat a legendary Pokemon. I would love to see Ash as a very strong either a gym leader or a league champ. I would like to see him start a very new journey with his son or any friend. And while he start ti reach his goal he catch to many Pokemon and become a great Pokemon owner. also he need to catch a legendary. He need to be a Person who can die for his Pokemon (Well he already is) And with a very good personality.
I think a lot of what defines Ash's character is the fact that he doesn't push his Pokemon too hard. That he considers them friends too, rather than tools of battle and entertainment. I just couldn't really see him as someone who'd push his Pokemon hard. But then again, the topic was rather subjective and opiniated :p But yeah, I feel like some of the goals and characteristics you mentioned are some that kinda define his rivals, but I reckon he's often very similar to his rivals anyways :p But yeah, personally I'd like him to keep him just as he is in regards to ambitions and personality, but making him a more capable and professional trainer :p

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I think a lot of what defines Ash's character is the fact that he doesn't push his Pokemon too hard. That he considers them friends too, rather than tools of battle and entertainment. I just couldn't really see him as someone who'd push his Pokemon hard. But then again, the topic was rather subjective and opiniated :p But yeah, I feel like some of the goals and characteristics you mentioned are some that kinda define his rivals, but I reckon he's often very similar to his rivals anyways :p But yeah, personally I'd like him to keep him just as he is in regards to ambitions and personality, but making him a more capable and professional trainer :p

yeah your right olli. But anyways he is a great trainer. Cause he loves his Pokemon.

New topic : Ash's Age ?

Answer : well its a major secret that its not considered yet that what is Ash's age. he started his journey when he was 10 years old but its revealed that he is still 10 or 14 or something. I mean how could they show something like this ? i mean Pokemon director should do the things where it should. I think Ash need to be 15 or 16 or something but i don't know what the director and teams are trying to say his Age. He has start his journey when he was 10 and what is his age now ? i think if he is 15 or something in this GEN VI it will be better and perfect.

Olli

Years
Well, if we're gonna go with what's canon, he is still 10, yeah. And how he managed to stay 10 for over at least 1 confirmed year, since it was mentioned in the short to the third movie that the day on which the short took place marked their one year anniversary of being friends, is beyond me, but I believe Oak mentioned him to be 10 in the first episode of the B/W anime, so at least from that point on, we can confirm that he's 10. He did look to have aged a bit in the X&Y anime though, but it might just be the update in the art style, and the fact that he actually has teeth now xD

But if we're gonna look at the why of him being 10, it's probably a marketing scheme. The Pokemon franchise as a whole is targeted towards children around the ages of 10 (even though it's only really in Japan that the ones at those ages are interested in Pokemon. Everywhere else in the world they're playing Call of Duty :( ), so to still keep it interesting and relate-able to their target audience, they've just decided to keep him 10. And it makes sense, especially considering Pokemon isn't one of those story-driven animes that really require you to watch through it all, which would also be a pretty insane demand considering how long it's been running for. So I definitely understand why they'd do it :p

As for the explanation. We're never really given one, but fans like to speculate, and I reckon the two most prominent theories about this are the Ash coma theory and the Ho-oh theory. I reckon most already know about the Ash coma theory, and it's also extremely lengthy, so not gonna go into depth about it, but it's basically one bringing up the possibility of his entire journey being one he's experienced while being in a coma, which was caused by the massive thundershock from Pikachu in the first episode I believe. And interesting as it may be, there are a lot of holes, and it's honestly not that believable.

The one I find to be much more plausible though, is the Ho-oh theory. Basically it's based around one of Ho-oh's Pokedex entries, stating that Ho-oh has the power to grant people eternal happiness. And people have speculated that that might've been what happened in the first episode. Like how he wished that he'd be on a journey that would last forever, and that wish would basically come true after Ho-oh passed by. I reckon a lot of the Ash haters would hate for that to be the case though :p

But yeah, Ash's age isn't really something we're able to explain at this point, other than the fact that it's most likely just a marketing scheme :p

Years
I'd like to suggest you fix up the club first post a bit, if I may, Rhythm! The text is white so I can't read it because the forum theme I'm using has a white background. A lot of the images are broken, too. 8(

Your partner Pokemon: Chespin
Your favorite Ash's pokemon: Snivy
The best Pokemon of Ash: Hm, I'll have to say Charizard. He's had some excellent battles and gone through quite a lot of progression. Very strong!

Why does Ash love Pikachu most?

I wouldn't say he loves Pikachu most but they are best friends. Their first meeting was harsh as Pikachu didn't obey but Ash practically risked his life to save him from the flock of Spearow.. very touching story. No surprise that they've grown so close over it! A lot more of a unique story than meeting and having a good relationship from the start.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Your partner Pokemon: Froakie.
Your favorite Ash's Pokemon: Sceptile.
The best Pokemon of Ash: In my opinion, it would have to be Snorlax. I've seen Ash battle with it a few times before, and it was able to perform quite decently.

I'm sure Ash loves all his Pokémon, but especially Pikachu, because... well, it was his first. They didn't get along with each other very well at first as Sheep pointed out, but as they began traveling, they started to trust each other. Eventually, they became good friends. Later, they became best friends, and it was just hard to keep them apart from each other. This is one of the major reasons why you always see Pikachu with Ash in his journeys.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Your partner Pokemon: Froakie.
The best Pokemon of Ash: In my opinion, it would have to be Snorlax. I've seen Ash battle with it a few times before, and it was able to perform quite decently.

I'm sure Ash loves all his Pokémon, but especially Pikachu, because... well, it was his first. They didn't get along with each other very well at first as Sheep pointed out, but as they began traveling, they started to trust each other. Eventually, they became good friends. Later, they became best friends, and it was just hard to keep them apart from each other. This is one of the major reasons why you always see Pikachu with Ash in his journeys.

Perdition haze ! (Sorry i like you past name better) Nice to have you in the club. Welcome to Ash Determination. Have fun !

I'd like to suggest you fix up the club first post a bit, if I may, Rhythm! The text is white so I can't read it because the forum theme I'm using has a white background. A lot of the images are broken, too. 8(

Your partner Pokemon: Chespin
Your favorite Ash's pokemon: Snivy
The best Pokemon of Ash: Hm, I'll have to say Charizard. He's had some excellent battles and gone through quite a lot of progression. Very strong!

I wouldn't say he loves Pikachu most but they are best friends. Their first meeting was harsh as Pikachu didn't obey but Ash practically risked his life to save him from the flock of Spearow.. very touching story. No surprise that they've grown so close over it! A lot more of a unique story than meeting and having a good relationship from the start.

Oh i am too sorry for that crino. Ok i will try fixing them. And welcome to the club. thanks for signing up !

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
New topic : Ash's Dad ? is he really is ?

So guys is Ash really have Dad ? Well i didn't knew. I knew that he have but not sure. And also director and other Pokemon maker team doesn't add Ash's dad in any episodes ? So what you think how his dad will be ? how powerfull will Ash's dad will be ?

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
Years
Your partner Pokemon:Torterra
The best Pokemon of Ash:Charizard

Because they had a hard time understanding each other.And when they did they became the best friends ever.

Olli

Years
I think the exclusion of a dad for Ash was to follow the games more closely, seeing as Red from the originals didn't have a dad either. It's been quite the subject of speculation over the years though, and you're certainly not the first one to wonder who it is. Some believe it to be Silver, a guy who appeared in one of the specials (not to be confused with the video game version of Silver). I can't quite remember why they thought that, but I think it might've been because they were kinda similar personality-wise, as well as they look kinda similar at some points. But there are so many theories out there, and not many to back them up.

Giovanni is also another, and highly speculated candidate. Apparently Delia once mentioned that she used to hang out with some bad kids that later became part of Team Rocket, suggesting Giovanni might've been one of them. Though I think want it more for the plot elements it creates.

In all honesty though, I doubt it's anything they're ever going to reveal. We've never known it, and it'd be weird to change things up when this is what we've known for so long. As well as how they're trying to keep the Pokemon anime from being too story-driven, because it's meant to be something you could jump into without needing to watch all the other episodes. So yeah, they might throw hints at us, but never actually reveal who the dad is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back