• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    there age also counts in effect the 10 year add on

oak was in his 60's when it started ....
    ash's mom was in her 30's
    [figuring that ash's mom was ~20 when she had ash]
    ash was 10 when it started

then add the 10 years you get this
    oak ~70
    ash's mom ~40
    ash ~20

the reason this is correct is --- pokemon has been around for 10 years [also 1 season = year]
    thus making there age +10 from when pokemon started

Alight, I'm gonna break this down for ya...

If ash was 30 when it started she would've had ash wen she was 20. Now, I'm not saying that nobody has kids when they are twenty but most people dont. college kind of gets in the way.

ash is 15 or 16... he is not twenty. they're time line does not exist in our timeline. let me give an excellent example.

When Ash was leaving the Viridian Forest in episode 5, he stated that they had spent two weeks in the forest. Before he got into the forest, only two days had passed. This was episode 5, a new episode was released every week, it took five weeks for two weeks to pass in their time. And the timeline changes! You can't just assume that ash is 20 because pokemon has been around for ten years!

Years
    well anyway......regardless of your beliefs...... ash is 20..... it is unnatural..... he is a shorty....and thats all folks!!

One tiny flaw in your theory:

We're in the 11th season of Pokémon, not the 10th. So if we were going by seasons, he would be 21.

Furthermore, the Japanese edition, the original version, is in the 12th season. Since the Japanese edition came first, that would mean Ash is really 22.

So even if your theory were correct, your math isn't.

Last edited:

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
    well you have a point there..... but i was using 10 because its an easier number to remember and im going from the 10th anniversary and back.....

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    it doesn't matter what he looks like........he is 20

Except you're wrong.

Have you ever watched television before (Flinstones, Simpsons)? Maybe read a comic book (Spider-Man, Batman, Fantastic Four)? Or watched a James Bond film?

All of these have fictional stories where characters are in a relatively "timeless" environment. Even though they have continuity, maybe even dozens of years worth of it, they are essentially ageless.

It also doesn't even make sense within the Pokemon anime's universe. It's shown that people a bit older than Ash and Brock pretty much choose their profession of Pokemon after they stop traveling. Regi and many others look and act like they're in their 20s, and have settled into their jobs/lives/towns. Ash and gang, as young beginning trainers, aren't.

Ashbox

Switched Accounts
    Years
    simpsons episodes are relativley 1 episode = 1 day [or less]
    flinstones are in stone age....time wasnt invented yet =p

pokemon is in relative time 1 episode = anywhere between 1day and 1month [or 1 season = 1 year]

Years

pokemon is in relative time 1 episode = anywhere between 1day and 1month [or 1 season = 1 year]

Like any cartoon, The Simpsons has episodes that last anywhere between a few hours and more than a year.

Although there was no way to measure time in the Stone Age, time still existed... people still aged, lived, died, etc.

These facts don't support your theory.

Years
    It's not a fact until the creators of the show confirm it.

Which means I also could be wrong.

And if I turn out to be wrong, I won't be upset. I'll just accept it, because I don't know as much about the show as the people who created it. None of us do.

What will you do if you are wrong?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013

You're missing the point.

These shows have been on for years. Simpsons TWICE as long as Pokemon. But nobody on that show has ever actually aged. Bart and Lisa are still in the same grades and nobody has had any real notable physical changes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    haven't you been reading my past billion posts on this subject???

Yes. Your logic is that the anime has been on for a decade, hence 10 years. But the anime doesn't take place in real-time.

But no one has changed much outside of outfits. That, and no one acts like a 20 year old in the anime (of the main cast, at least).

That, and traveling Pokemon trainer is something for young people to do, not older folk.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    basselope7 said:
    Furthermore, the Japanese edition, the original version, is in the 12th season. Since the Japanese edition came first, that would mean Ash is really 22.
    Japan doesn't have seasons. They have series:

Pokémon: Kanto - Johto
    Advanced Generation: Hoenn - Battle Frontier
    Diamond and Pearl: Sinnoh - Present

Anyway, I agree that Satoshi isn't 20. It's silly to think that.

Back