• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    Hmm...

Hmm from the simi arguements Ashbox and Basselope7 are having, Its kinda being broken down to a science, if you combine the two twogather

The Ebon Blade said:
    When Ash was leaving the Viridian Forest in episode 5, he stated that they had spent two weeks in the forest. Before he got into the forest, only two days had passed. This was episode 5, a new episode was released every week, it took five weeks for two weeks to pass in their time. And the timeline changes! You can't just assume that ash is 20 because pokemon has been around for ten years!

^^ If that was the case....
    5(real)weeks = 2(show)weeks
    52wks. // 2wks. = 26wks.
    Hmm... That would mean not even a yearr...... AHK My brains starting to hurt im just going to keep seeing what peoples say:nervous:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ok, what if we speculate that 5 real weeks= 2 Anime Weeks?

Let's do the math. Don't thing too hard! :D.

The Hoenn league battles took 31/2 days each.

Makes no sense at all!

We have to use checkpoints from the Anime to correctly calculate years or months.

I also just realized this is the most heated "Ash's Age" thread I ever seen and probably in the history of PC. :o

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009

Makes no sense at all!

We have to use checkpoints from the Anime to correctly calculate years or months.

I also just realized this is the most heated "Ash's Age" thread I ever seen and probably in the history of PC. :o

"Heated" What you mean,,,like popular??

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years

Makes no sense at all!

I'm not trying to say that every five weeks is two weeks in the anime. I'm trying to get the point across that time passes at a different speed in the anime. It's easy to see that... another example would be th esummer school arc. Four episodes over four weeks and in the anime is was one week. See? There isn't a pattern. Time simply passes differnetly.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Didn't in the Pokebeach interview say he is still 10? >_>

I mean I don't agree with it and say he is like 15-16, but I mean we can't really contest what the storyboard people say.

Years
    Ashbox, you're really argumentative!
    Anyway, I think he's 14 years, 7 months and 3 days old.
    i.e. - does it really matter?

Waiting for onslaught...

Years
    My guess should be 15-17 years old and i wish they can make a seoson with everyone reuniting that would be so awesome

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    My guess should be 15-17 years old and i wish they can make a seoson with everyone reuniting that would be so awesome

that would be... chaotic. But an episode would be great. A season though? There would be so many people talking at once that it would be an ordeal just to listen to it! lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i'd say 14 or 15. i think 14 is abit more presice.
    plus if he was 10 he shouldn't be given advice 2 dawn.
    even though he has experience.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Logic states that he has to be at least eleven! In Pikachu & Pichu, Ash & Co. celebrated Ash and Pikachu's 1 year of being together. That was his birthday so he has to be twelve. Considering that was 3 seasons.

Johto Journeys - Season 3
    Advance - Season 6
    Battle Frontier - Season 9
    ??? - Season 12

Ash is around 13-14 from my logic.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Logic states that he has to be at least eleven! In Pikachu & Pichu, Ash & Co. celebrated Ash and Pikachu's 1 year of being together. That was his birthday so he has to be twelve. Considering that was 3 seasons.

Johto Journeys - Season 3
    Advance - Season 6
    Battle Frontier - Season 9
    ??? - Season 12

Ash is around 13-14 from my logic.

But in the episode "Battle of the Badge" in Indigo League, it says Ash has been travelling for 1 year o.O Haha they contridict themselves

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's not a fact until the creators of the show confirm it.

Which means I also could be wrong.

And if I turn out to be wrong, I won't be upset. I'll just accept it, because I don't know as much about the show as the people who created it. None of us do.

What will you do if you are wrong?

Actually, his age was confirmed by one of the producers in an interview sometime last year. He said that the fans always wondered about what age the characters were at, but it to keep things simple, they made it so they never aged. They mentioned it being more like a normal cartoon in that way, because Ash is still 10 as far as they're concerned.

D:

Personally, I like to think of him as around 15 or 16. 16 by the end of DP maybe.. but honestly, he hasn't aged a day since he left Pallet.

Years
    Actually, his age was confirmed by one of the producers in an interview sometime last year. He said that the fans always wondered about what age the characters were at, but it to keep things simple, they made it so they never aged. They mentioned it being more like a normal cartoon in that way, because Ash is still 10 as far as they're concerned.

D:

Personally, I like to think of him as around 15 or 16. 16 by the end of DP maybe.. but honestly, he hasn't aged a day since he left Pallet.

Do you have a link to this interview?

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Yes, Drew, I would also like the link to that interview.

Logically, he should be around fourteen through sixteen of age, but cartoon destroys all of that with that age-less thing.

Take a look at Grim's Adventure with Billy and Mandy!

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
    Years
    Well he looks older then Brendan, who is probably like 13, so....14 through 16. Yeah.

Back